• Aké
    • Salah
    • Oscar
    • Schurrle
    • Drogba (c)
    • Matic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

Most reliable, really ? He doesn't get enough goals and assists to be considered our most reliable player. Willian isn't the type of player you can rely on to get us a win.

I understand from that perspective, but you I think Willian sacrifices himself a lot for the team. Like this season our main attacking options are (in order): Costa, Hazard, Fabregas, Oscar....then probably Willian.

The ball will go through these guys before it does him. But tonight he game on and dictated the game straight away when he was forced to be the main guy. I also think he plays out of position for me. His skillset makes me much better as a 'number 10' or 'number 8'.

Personally, Willian is the most reliable because every game is a 7/10. I can't really remember being let down with his performances.

I understand from that perspective, but you I think Willian sacrifices himself a lot for the team. Like this season our main attacking options are (in order): Costa, Hazard, Fabregas, Oscar....then probably Willian.

The ball will go through these guys before it does him. But tonight he game on and dictated the game straight away when he was forced to be the main guy. I also think he plays out of position for me. His skillset makes me much better as a 'number 10' or 'number 8'.

Personally, Willian is the most reliable because every game is a 7/10. I can't really remember being let down with his performances.

I can remember many times last season being let down by Willian, so many times when we were trying to break down teams last season he would play poor passes or have wild shots at goal.

He's been a bit better this season though and does actually look a bit more threatning going forward. I still prefer him coming off the bench than starting though. For me, players like Ramires, Willian and Salah are perfect players to bring on because their energy and pace is too much for tiring defenders to deal with.

I can remember many times last season being let down by Willian, so many times when we were trying to break down teams last season he would play poor passes or have wild shots at goal.

He's been a bit better this season though and does actually look a bit more threatning going forward. I still prefer him coming off the bench than starting though. For me, players like Ramires, Willian and Salah are perfect players to bring on because their energy and pace is too much for tiring defenders to deal with.

Fair enough, we all have different perspectives. I think Willian is far more than pace, to me he is a quality player with pace, compared to Ramires who without his pace/energy would be a Stoke standard player.

What I would say though is that without one of Willian or Ramires in the team, I think we can look very unbalanced and devoid of a real driving force to get us up the pitch.

Anyway going off topic here.

Drogba also excellent and a shout out to Christensen. Could be a serviceable player.

Oscar ,Ake and Drogba were the stand out players for me.The MOM goes to Oscar for his non stop work rate and availability.I am also a Willian fan and felt much more comfortable when he and Matic came on.I am afraid Salah and Schurrle didnt impress and will remain on the fringes for now.Horrible conditions and well played Shrewsbury.

Oscar ,Ake and Drogba were the stand out players for me

Ditto. Oscar MOTM for me, just ahead of Ake and Drogba.

Great to see Drogba's enthusiasm and determination, even though I was disappointed that Brown didn't get on. And I was impressed with Ake. He carried Mikel at times and came back well after that early yellow and didn't make any more rash challenges and just looked more and more comfortable as the game went on.

King Didier for me!

Scored a great goal and didn't stop running and working hard to get into the right spots. He's starting to regain confidence and belief in himself again and it's great to see him enjoying his current stint here.

I know it's a little bit of a random one but I was close to voting for Luis. I thought he was very reliable off left-back despite the slow start he had. 

Archived