Neil Barnett gone?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Nor would I be. I've been pretty embarrassed by him several times. He took the piss out of Stoke supporters at the FA Cup game last year as they hadn't sold out their allocation, despite the ones he was taking the piss out of had actually travelled. It would be alright if it was funny but he rarely is. Just worsens our reputation further.

Edited by RichardCFC

good ole spy. He was quite well known amongst the old guard players. hopefully his replacement will be a hype guy and really get the crowd going, not some boring, monotone voiced person. 

My choice would be Michael Buffer, the boxing MC. "For the thousands in attendance and the millions watching around the world, LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!" 

Edited by enigma

Bit naff pre match but that's the clubs fault as much as his for asking someone to do that on the pitch in the first place...but he's good on chelsea TV, actually knows his stuff and asks some proper questions...the others are too scared to say boo to a goose so you just get loads of bland 'look forward to the next game' soundbites...but then that's probably what the powers that be prefer

I've spoken to him by the Osgood statue once and he comes across as a "I'm the biggest Chelsea fan around, you ain't got sh*t on me" attitude. He's a twat and he often embarrassed the club through his pre-match announcements. 

Good riddance.

On the topic of Chelsea TV (which is the most awful club channel in the land). It lost it's only decent program with Cundy and Kerry. Now that Kerry's not on, it's sh*t. 

Edited by JoeyN

I thought he was okay could take him or leave him really.

Pros : He has a great relationship with the players, his knowledge of the team history, results, lineups, scorers etc etc is the best barre none.

Cons : Cringeworthy, a bit of a big head (according to the above, I have never met him)

Always thought he was a little bit of a prat, but a harmless prat.

Met him the once at the chelsea player awards, I was a bit sloshed and he seemed friendly, he was probably as hammered as me.

I think I even have pic with my arm round him hah

Edited by Zola

I have always quite liked the guy. I think most of the other male presenters are dull and boring. At least Neil has some personality about him. I did notice at the weekend he wasnt up at the game like he usually is.

All I read last night on twitter was that he has been banned from Cobham for calling someone important a c***. But I thought he had been banned from Cobham ages ago so dismissed the story.

I suspect it has something to do with his comment before the armistice minutes silence when , on hearing the Liverpool score, he said "We won't be holding a minutes silence for them". Poor taste I thought, at the time.

And how can he have anymore of a reduced role? All he did was match day stuff.

He won't do anything at half-time anymore apparently. Just the pre-match line-ups.

"Those of you who are wondering when the last time you went to a home game and Neil Barnett didn't read out the team sheet don't have to worry just yet. He's not been sacked, just a reduced role."

Then someone asked him what you said.

"Pre match announcer still, just no longer half time"

I would like him replaced to be honest. He's alright but often takes the piss out of travelling fans which I don't find funny and just reinforces our bad reputation.