Stoke City Vs Chelsea (PL) 7/11/15 17:30GMT

axman2526

Right then, lets do this mob!

Not going to pick a line up as it never ends up being that one on match day anyways I just hope Baba and Azpi stay in the same positions as tonight, Willian bangs in another free kick and Diego finds his shooting boots again.

So long as we show the same work ethic and passion as we did tonight we will get the job done. Hope the boys do it for the absent Jose.

it's hard to be positive even after a win with how the season goes so far with us failing to capitalize on the winning momentum numerous times

a draw will not be a bad result away at stoke, but i don't know if it's good enough for roman to keep jose if the dan levene report is true

Need a new phrase for "Must Win!" .... Not quite sure what to expect, but as stated above, if we can put in a good performance and show some 'fight', i'll be happy with that! The Kiev win SHOULD do wonders for the boys confidence - Spring boards and all - Lets just SHOW UP FOR THIS ONE!

Good to see Jose benching Eden for the Kiev game and giving the full backs some frreedom to express themselves, so lets 'assume' he sticks with that.

My lineup:

Beg

Azpi - JT - Cahill - Baba

Mikel - Matic

Pedro - Oscar - Willian

Remy

Subs to be used pending results and flow of the game

- Hazard, Costa, Ramires/Zouma

Score:

2-1 Chelsea (and a bloody nervy one at that!)

KTBFFH!

Rain forecast for Saturday. Cold, wet night in Stoke.

I don't fancy us to win this one. The performance yesterday papered over nothing. A plethora of A1 sized sheets stapled together couldn't cover the gaping chasm.

2-1 Stoke. Our goal to come in the form of an own goal.

it's hard to be positive even after a win with how the season goes so far with us failing to capitalize on the winning momentum numerous times

a draw will not be a bad result away at stoke, but i don't know if it's good enough for roman to keep jose if the dan levene report is true

That levene fella is kind of putting his reputation on the line here.. he's banking we get nothing against stoke but then again jose is banned in this game so kind of weird..

I reckon if we play like we did in the 1st half + hazard then we should come out on top against stoke...

I think we're starting our comeback, we won a tough match against Dynamo and now Stoke isn't easier. We have to come stronger, sharper and I really hope we will this one.

I'd like to see this starting line:

---------------------- Begovic ----------------------

Azpi ----------- Zouma ----- Terry ---------- Baba

---------------- Matic --------- RLC -----------------

---------------------- Oscar --------------------------

Willian ----------------------------------------- Hazard

----------------------- Remy ---------------------------

* I'd like to see us using Traore more.

* Drop Fabregas.

COME ON CHELS!!!!!!

This match will be an interesting 'ref watch', with no Jose on the touchline maybe the decisions will start to swing the right way. Howard Webb mentioned post match on Wednesday of not wanting to see a manager lose his job as a result of a referee's poor performance. Hopefully the ref will have watched the Capital One game V Stoke and will clamp down (some hope!) on Stoke's aggressive fouls and let us play a bit .

I don't fancy us to win this one. The performance yesterday papered over nothing. A plethora of A1 sized sheets stapled together couldn't cover the gaping chasm.

another excellent input splishspolsh

My face when I first saw this.

pre15082320080011-p1.jpg

I think we're starting our comeback, we won a tough match against Dynamo and now Stoke isn't easier. We have to come stronger, sharper and I really hope we will this one.

I'd like to see this starting line:

---------------------- Begovic ----------------------

Azpi ----------- Zouma ----- Terry ---------- Baba

---------------- Matic --------- RLC -----------------

---------------------- Oscar --------------------------

Willian ----------------------------------------- Hazard

----------------------- Remy ---------------------------

* I'd like to see us using Traore more.

* Drop Fabregas.

COME ON CHELS!!!!!!

I thought that Fabregas was our best attacking player in the first half against Dynamo, he was the only one looking to create quickly. I would start him in this one.

Let's have a look at your input to this thread then, havelschayes.

Hardly inspiring and thought provoking either, is it?

We should have beaten them in the COC. It will be tough game and Stoke will be up for it.

Whatever the performance, we really 3 points otherwise we are really risking top 4. Last nights result was a test of their mental strength which I hope will serve them well.

Life of the party

I think the days of playing Cesc and Matic together in the middle are gone; well, at least I hope so.  This season it just doesn't seem to be working when it was so good last season - but we have to adjust.

I like Baba, and I hope that the C game yesterday will encourage Jose to stick with that.  Zouma in the CB position is where he should be.  Costa is such an issue right now.  In the Kiev game thread someone mentioned that he looked Torres-esque, which is a bit unfair, but it is starting to become a worrying issue.  He is dropping deep to get involved, trying to take defenders on, getting in more fights than he needs to, and essentially creating a larger target on his back for defenders and referee's alike.

I'd rather see him stay in the area, make moves, and have Wiian, OScar, Hazard, Cesc, whomever make pays for him.  I think there is a fine balance between letting someone play their way back into form, and completely destroying their confidence altogether.  He's a striker, goals will help his confidence...so stay in the area and challenge for some.

This will be a tough game, and I'd take any sort of win.  Back to back wins in the CL and PL would be amazing right now, and much needed for the support, Jose, and the players.

Archived