Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

JMaher94
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

4 hours ago, Gentian said:

Conte can be very offensive in his play but this squad is not suited for it. To be offensive you need to have quick players and ones that can press. He is playing the way suits this team best. Really all is missing is a top quality midfielder a right winger and a forward and I will be very confident we will challenge for all the trophies in STYLE. 

Conte is offensive, April fools day has gone :laugh2:

25 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Conte is offensive, April fools day has gone :laugh2:

I won't argue with you but last season I saw some beautiful football and prior to that juve played excellent football and he started with 4-2-4 so clearly he is capable of playing attractive football given the resources

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 09:52, Total-Football said:

He has fantastic ability and is a great manager. I still don't want him next season as I see recurring themes in his tenure. Reports of him wanting to leave persist, constantly moaning about transfers, unwillingness to drop certain players and putting down his own players. The club needs more positivity right now and I can't see Conte giving it.

Spot on. My sentiments exactly. It's a great shame because I loved everything about that first season, especially the high pressing intense flowing football. But his constant carping and goading of the club to sack him has left a very bitter taste in the mouth.

37 minutes ago, Gentian said:

I won't argue with you but last season I saw some beautiful football and prior to that juve played excellent football and he started with 4-2-4 so clearly he is capable of playing attractive football given the resources

It was counter attacking football last season, beautiful is the way Arsenal, City or Barcelona play. 

1 hour ago, Stim said:

That is a subjective opinion.

Exactly.

Think everyone agrees that City play fantastic football but that's because Pep has been allowed to assemble a very expensive and talented squad. He identifies the players and he gets them.

Barca have Messi. Without him they wouldn't be even half as effective. Sure they play some great football at times but it can also be very dull just watching them pass, pass, pass.

As for Arsenal playing beautiful football......................:laugh2:

17 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Exactly.

Think everyone agrees that City play fantastic football but that's because Pep has been allowed to assemble a very expensive and talented squad. He identifies the players and he gets them.

Barca have Messi. Without him they wouldn't be even half as effective. Sure they play some great football at times but it can also be very dull just watching them pass, pass, pass.

As for Arsenal playing beautiful football......................:laugh2:

If your laughing at how Arsenal play you must be on some strong anti depressants and booze to get through how Chelssa play.

20 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

If your laughing at how Arsenal play you must be on some strong anti depressants and booze to get through how Chelssa play.

SOMETIMES, Arsenal play football that is easy on the eye (Not Beautiful). They haven't played anything approaching "beautiful" football for a LONG time and the majority of their fans are fed up with it and the lack of being able to compete with the best, hence the Wenger Out campaign which has finally succeeded.

At times this season our football has been poor, but there have been plenty of games where we've played good and entertaining football. You seem to like to dwell on the negatives.

Edited by Nibs

3 minutes ago, Nibs said:

SOMETIMES, Arsenal play football that is easy on the eye (Not Beautiful). They haven't played anything approaching "beautiful" football for a LONG time and the majority of their fans are fed up with it and the lack of being able to compete with the best, hence the Wenger Out campaign which has finally succeeded.

At times this season our football has been poor, but there have been plenty of games where we've played good and entertaining football. You seem to like to dwell on the negatives.

Wenger out campaign is to do with the lack of competing, stubborn Wenger, Wenger making the same mistakes, same defensive errors, same midfield errors, the same error for over 10 years plus. It's nothing to do with football, Arsenal play great football and create many chances.

Anyone saying Conte is offensive might aswell be calling Mourinho the same. It's not being negative but it's true Conte is not offensive so I don't know how anyone can say he is. It's effective sometimes but not offensive.

23 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Wenger out campaign is to do with the lack of competing, stubborn Wenger, Wenger making the same mistakes, same defensive errors, same midfield errors, the same error for over 10 years plus. It's nothing to do with football, Arsenal play great football and create many chances.

Anyone saying Conte is offensive might aswell be calling Mourinho the same. It's not being negative but it's true Conte is not offensive so I don't know how anyone can say he is. It's effective sometimes but not offensive.

Don't think their football was that great when they were getting battered by Man City and Swansea. And like us they have lost to both Bournemouth and Watford this season.

Arsenal are Barca wanabees. They try and emulate the Barca style of football but never actually achieve it. They are welcome to carry on doing that and will continually finish below us in the table and not have as good a goal difference and they're now not even the best team in North London.

5 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Don't think their football was that great when they were getting battered by Man City and Swansea. And like us they have lost to both Bournemouth and Watford this season.

Arsenal are Barca wanabees. They try and emulate the Barca style of football but never actually achieve it. They are welcome to carry on doing that and will continually finish below us in the table and not have as good a goal difference and they're now not even the best team in North London.

How many trophies you win, being the best team in London, goal difference, table, goals scored doesn't mean anything in the discussion. Arsenal play better football but have made fighting top 4 a trophy itself, I would rather have everything Chelsea have than play better football and not even have half in the same period that's a no brainer. 

9 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

How many trophies you win, being the best team in London, goal difference, table, goals scored doesn't mean anything in the discussion. Arsenal play better football but have made fighting top 4 a trophy itself, I would rather have everything Chelsea have than play better football and not even have half in the same period that's a no brainer. 

All about getting the right balance. First time around with Mourinho, I recall many a discussion that okay, he has made us winners and that's all great, but now lets see us play better football. At times it was great with Robben & Duff, Joey Cole & Gudjohnsen, but the football and "entertainment" did deteriorate and I did get fed up watching 0-0's and 1-0's and bring on Mikel with 30 minutes to go to see the game out.

Unfortunately, Chelsea never seem to keep a manager long enough for him to let things evolve but I would argue that Conte's football has never been as turgid as it was under Mourinho (although that little period that included the Bournemouth & Watford games was pretty f**king bad, I'll grant you!!). At least with Conte, he lets our best & most creative player (Hazard) do his thing and doesn't have him tracking back for 90 minutes. 

8 minutes ago, Nibs said:

All about getting the right balance. First time around with Mourinho, I recall many a discussion that okay, he has made us winners and that's all great, but now lets see us play better football. At times it was great with Robben & Duff, Joey Cole & Gudjohnsen, but the football and "entertainment" did deteriorate and I did get fed up watching 0-0's and 1-0's and bring on Mikel with 30 minutes to go to see the game out.

Unfortunately, Chelsea never seem to keep a manager long enough for him to let things evolve but I would argue that Conte's football has never been as turgid as it was under Mourinho (although that little period that included the Bournemouth & Watford games was pretty f**king bad, I'll grant you!!). At least with Conte, he lets our best & most creative player (Hazard) do his thing and doesn't have him tracking back for 90 minutes. 

For me Conte is in the middle between the Simeone/Jose breed and the Sarri/Klopp group. Going for a purist type straight from Jose would have been borderline impossible, but Conte has actually made some positive steps in many ways to be able to make this type of appointment work.

The main gripe I have with Conte is his refusal to utilise a high press and/or utilise it effectively. It leads to us siting much deeper then we should and doesn't help us in my opinion. Last season our positional game was very goodon the ball. This season we have looked lost and pathetic going forwards as we play it aimlessly around the back three. 

9 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

You also don't know how much better you could have it until you try something else. Remember everyone on this forum wanting to stick with Jose a few years back? Or were you not on this forum then?

You cant compare.....it was evident the players did not want to fight for him, with Conte its the opposite. You Guys sound like we have this uber coach lined up with immense transfer backing......

It is all about balance. Balance to serve the team to win football-matches. To say Arsenal plays better football is just plain stupid. If you mean better looking attacking I still don't agree with you. I think Haz-Willian at best is one of the most aesthetic things you can witness on a football-field.

I really think Conte is the best man to continue. Hope he wants to stay. If he was a bit grumpy when we were in trouble he has a point. He couldn't deliver with inferior players. 

18 minutes ago, evissy said:

It is all about balance. Balance to serve the team to win football-matches. To say Arsenal plays better football is just plain stupid. If you mean better looking attacking I still don't agree with you. I think Haz-Willian at best is one of the most aesthetic things you can witness on a football-field.

I really think Conte is the best man to continue. Hope he wants to stay. If he was a bit grumpy when we were in trouble he has a point. He couldn't deliver with inferior players. 

Well you are completely biased, how often do we see the Hazard and Willian flicks really turn it on, a few times a season, it's not like you will see them dominate a long period together like other Prem players, yeah Hazard on his own but not together.

I don't think you will find many people in the football world who say Chelsea play outright play better football than Arsenal, of course select Chelsea fans will. If you say effective then I would agree but no way attractive. Let's get away from this BS that Conte is an offensive coach.

7 hours ago, Ernie_blue said:

It was counter attacking football last season, beautiful is the way Arsenal, City or Barcelona play. 

There is nothing beautiful in Arsenal way of play ....

And beautiful is a point of view.

I like literate tactical teams, that have solid defense.

And last season we played great football or you forget that? A lot of team was starting to copy our formation and style of play.

We was the team that scored the most, and in the end finish seconds to Tottenham, only because they scored 20 goals in their last 4 games, against teams that play for nothing.

We was so much infront of them before that, and they scored just 1 goal more - 86 to 85, and that is a solid 2.2 goals per match.

City was 5 goals behind us, while Liverpool was 7 goals behind us, while they concede a lot more then us.

So that is what called a balance.

3 minutes ago, brakeit said:

There is nothing beautiful in Arsenal way of play ....

And beautiful is a point of view.

I like literate tactical teams, that have solid defense.

And last season we played great football or you forget that? A lot of team was starting to copy our formation and style of play.

We was the team that scored the most, and in the end finish seconds to Tottenham, only because they scored 20 goals in their last 4 games, against teams that play for nothing.

We was so much infront of them before that, and they scored just 1 goal more - 86 to 85, and that is a solid 2.2 goals per match.

City was 5 goals behind us, while Liverpool was 7 goals behind us, while they concede a lot more then us.

So that is what called a balance.

Firstly someone said Chelsea played beautiful football last season, i said a certain 3 times style is what you would call beautiful, not Chelsea. No team last season started to copy Conte's style, formation yes but Pep or Wenger didn't start playing counter attacking football when they played a back 3. If anyone has watched this season and really thinks Chelsea has been a joy to watch and come to conclusion Conte is an offensive coach well good for you.

If you like tactical teams with a solid defense then you must love Mourinho? Chelsea's defence has been far from solid this year. You like many miss the point, i would rather my team be more efficient, tactical and effective over a team that plays good fooball any day of the week. Comparing Arsenal and Chelsea going forward and how Arsenal can open up teams there is no comparison, Arsenal play the better football. No need for people to get so defensive, there's teams in the lower leagues and all over the world who play better football than Chelsea but don't have the trophy haul to show for it, i would rather have that every time.

Ask any unbiased fan who they would rather watch and it would be Arsenal and that would be for how they are great going forward. Now if we want to bang out stats all day well Chelsea have scored less than park the bus Mourinho's team and if Mourinho is defensive then god knows what Conte is :wink:

5 hours ago, Nibs said:

I regard Mourinho's first team as the best the PL has seen, better than Utd's, Invincibles and this year's City team. It was compact, strong, tactical the best in Europe, pace up front and just a powerful unit which could give any team a run for there money including Barca and the ref. I might be biased in my thinking but I'm not that biased to believe they played better football than the other 3. At the end of the day I don't really care, with Mourinho as long as he brings trophies to the club he manages I don't think you can question his style. I dont care about Conte's style but he isn't offensive whatever anyone believes, I'm more worried about all the managerial errors he has made this year.

Ernie_blue , Arsenal play stupid football, not beautiful. That is it.

Most of the season they even score a lot less then us. Last season they was 8 goals behind us.

Even in the 2014-2015 season with Jose, we scored more goals then Arsenal. :biggrin:

This season City and in some parts Liverpool played very nice football.

2 hours ago, brakeit said:

Ernie_blue , Arsenal play stupid football, not beautiful. That is it.

Most of the season they even score a lot less then us. Last season they was 8 goals behind us.

Even in the 2014-2015 season with Jose, we scored more goals then Arsenal. :biggrin:

This season City and in some parts Liverpool played very nice football.

Stupid football? :face_palm:

Stats are generally pointless, Man Utd have scored more goals than Chelsea this year so that must make Mourinho offensive like Conte :face_palm: