Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

7 minutes ago, didierforever said:

So now people have a problem with posters posting facts :laugh2:

How simple life would be just blindly following a person in the name of "loyalty". More like a sheep/idiot than a sensible thinking person.

What the likes of you´always neglect is that, there always another side to the coin.......

Wasn't really sure where else to share this.

Interesting graphic doing the rounds regarding transfers over the the last four years. 

The two Manchester clubs are absolutely blowing everyone else out of the water and that anyone but those two have won titles in this period has been miraculous really. 

Regarding us, interesting that five other clubs have a higher net spend than us in the last four years and it does make you wonder if we've been punching above our weight at times? 

We've made a lot of money through sales with some quite big names making way during that period (Matic, Costa, Oscar) and you wonder how much of that revenue is from the loan army too. 

Does Conte have a point about our transfer though? We've won two titles recently but we're not even close to rivaling the Manchester clubs spending ambitions in the transfer market and yet there's still the desire to remain as competitive as them both. 

DcENAuVWAAQ6W1N.jpg:large

I see that as around £330M that has to be put into bricks and mortar I am afraid!

No doubt we have to spend a bit more this summer for the aim of getting back into the top 4 next season.

37 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Just out of interest, who do you want appointed to replace Conte?

Literally anyone who would not moan and bitch and drag the player under the bus at every given oppurtunity.

Would not mind emery though. Has a lot of experience in europa, youth/young players and his sevilla team played some great football.

Edit: I can see that the "angry one" has made the decision for me and my choice, but thats alright. The exact thing you would expect from someone of his ilk and character.

Edited by didierforever

14 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Literally anyone who would not moan and bitch and drag the player under the bus at every given oppurtunity.

Would not mind emery though. Has a lot of experience in europa, youth/young players and his sevilla team played some great football.

Edit: I can see that the "angry one" has made the decision for me and my choice, but thats alright. The exact thing you would expect from someone of his ilk and character.

So your Desire is a YES man....a puppet....a sheep......an if that dont Work out what will you do and say then? Cuz it will happen 100%........when and what will it take for you to understand our Club is sick? Our issues are much deeper than a f**king manager.....

27 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Interesting graphic doing the rounds regarding transfers over the the last four years. 

The two Manchester clubs are absolutely blowing everyone else out of the water and that anyone but those two have won titles in this period has been miraculous really. 

Regarding us, interesting that five other clubs have a higher net spend than us in the last four years and it does make you wonder if we've been punching above our weight at times? 

We've made a lot of money through sales with some quite big names making way during that period (Matic, Costa, Oscar) and you wonder how much of that revenue is from the loan army too. 

Does Conte have a point about our transfer though? We've won two titles recently but we're not even close to rivaling the Manchester clubs spending ambitions in the transfer market and yet there's still the desire to remain as competitive as them both. 

The mancs spend like 5 times our amount........and yet our grateful residents expect us to fight on all fronts.....nevermind the Club.

22 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Quite amazing where Spurs and Liverpool are on here. Although Spurs will always fall short Liverpool certainly look like the strongest team in England at the minute. Not heard a word from Klopp about more money needing to be spent to get close to the Manc clubs. 

6 minutes ago, atomis said:

The mancs spend like 5 times our amount........and yet our grateful residents expect us to fight on all fronts.....nevermind the Club.

United spent 30 mil more than us only. They just don't sell off all their usable squad players.

1 minute ago, Stim said:

United spent 30 mil more than us only. They just don't sell off all their usable squad players.

That's a good point. When you look at their bench and it usually includes Mata, Martial, Rashford, Fellani - sometimes even Pogba, these are all decent players to be able to call upon. I think United have a stronger squad than us currently and they will always have the advantage due to the fact of who they are. What I mean is, some players will accept being on the bench at a huge club like Man Utd, whereas they might not stay around if they were on our bench more often than not.

That said, Utd will probably have a clear out in the Summer and spend sh*tloads more money......................

26 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Quite amazing where Spurs and Liverpool are on here. Although Spurs will always fall short Liverpool certainly look like the strongest team in England at the minute. Not heard a word from Klopp about more money needing to be spent to get close to the Manc clubs. 

Worth remembering that for the period shown Liverpool made £175m in player sales from Suarez and Courtinho alone, quite rare to see two players from the same team sold for such high sums. 

Throw on top the going on for £60m they got for Sterling and you're closing in on £250m from just three player sales, almost unheard of really. 

Not forgetting they somehow managed to fleece about £50m from Crystal Palace of all clubs for Sakho and Benteke. 

It's allowed them to buy 5/6 players in the same period for fees of £30m+ which is obviously what is keeping them competitive. 

Regarding Klopp's comments about transfers, I'll have to take you at your word because I don't follow the press conference, pre/post match conferences of other managers. 

14 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Worth remembering that for the period shown Liverpool made £175m in player sales from Suarez and Courtinho alone, quite rare to see two players from the same team sold for such high sums. 

Throw on top the going on for £60m they got for Sterling and you're closing in on £250m from just three player sales, almost unheard of really. 

Not forgetting they somehow managed to fleece about £50m from Crystal Palace of all clubs for Sakho and Benteke. 

It's allowed them to buy 5/6 players in the same period for fees of £30m+ which is obviously what is keeping them competitive. 

Regarding Klopp's comments about transfers, I'll have to take you at your word because I don't follow the press conference, pre/post match conferences of other managers. 

That's all good and well but Liverpool had to sign these players in the first place. They took the risk on Coutinho at £8.5m and reaped the rewards. I would imagine we make an incredible amount of money from our loan army. Different methods with similar rewards. We've also made a large sum of money from transfers, such as £120m from Costa and Oscar. 

Unlike us, Liverpool sold Saurez for £75m(?) and signed Firmino for £29m(?).

We on the other hand sold Costa for £60m and then splashed £70m on Morata :ohmy:

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

That's all good and well but Liverpool had to sign these players in the first place. They took the risk on Coutinho at £8.5m and reaped the rewards. I would imagine we make an incredible amount of money from our loan army. Different methods with similar rewards. We've also made a large sum of money from transfers, such as £120m from Costa and Oscar. 

Unlike us, Liverpool sold Saurez for £75m(?) and signed Firmino for £29m(?).

We on the other hand sold Costa for £60m and then splashed £70m on Morata :ohmy:

The more sober reporting of the Morata fee was £58m.

2 minutes ago, Argo said:

By the same logic, why are we behind teams we have spent twice as much as (Spurs) and five times as much (Liverpool)?

Or I could just flip it and say how come we slapped all teams last season without getting to mancs level of spending.....a season can change alot, and none of those 2 have any pressure whatsoever, they can do no wrong....no discord, no media press, not getting fired etc........how long did it take for Conte to get ass f**ked? At the end of the day we must blame all of them.....but the Conte haters only have eyes for Conte's head......it seems some of our supporters dont learn just like the Club.

I Wonder what many of you would have said and done if we had gotten pep instead....spent a sh*tload and still so so crap....what would you have said? They had issues.....they listened to him, backed him and now eating at the high table.........we would have slaughtered him......its not that they dont still have problems, they just got better players to minimise the bad days, the bad issues. On top of it, they have build one mean squad.....we have nothing.....dont know if conte is in or not.....dont know what the plan is.....dont know WHO will be staying or going etc.....just a clusterf**k.

3 hours ago, atomis said:

So your Desire is a YES man....a puppet....a sheep......an if that dont Work out what will you do and say then? Cuz it will happen 100%........when and what will it take for you to understand our Club is sick? Our issues are much deeper than a f**king manager.....

Our club is "sick", so thats your "other side of the coin". That basically the whole club is to blame than the most obvious person? Well I will stick to my "side of the coin". thanks.

By the way, I did not know that you knew Emery personally, I dont know any other way you can call him a "yes man" or a "puppet" or a "sheep"

1 hour ago, atomis said:

Or I could just flip it and say how come we slapped all teams last season without getting to mancs level of spending.....a season can change alot, and none of those 2 have any pressure whatsoever, they can do no wrong....no discord, no media press, not getting fired etc........how long did it take for Conte to get ass f**ked? At the end of the day we must blame all of them.....but the Conte haters only have eyes for Conte's head......it seems some of our supporters dont learn just like the Club.

No pressure? You do realize Redknapp was sacked despite getting top four? And Benitez was sacked the first season he missed out?