Jose Mourinho thread

If he isnt given the job by May 1st they owe him 5m and 5m more each month until August when the agreement expires.

Either being a football manager is the most minted job in the world or United have no qualms about doing really, really stupid deals.

Why would fergie be against José? I thought they were bestest of pals.

I think its one thing to be mates with someone and its another to give him a job in your place of work, theres a media circus where ever mourinho goes, most of it brought up by himself on purpose to take the pressure off his players in the main which is a tactic not all employers are gonna be happy about, Im not saying that utd are on some kind of pedestal but im sure they believe themselves to be upon one and I can see why they might think its best avoiding him if they can get someone in who is at a similar level (simeone?) or simply following through with they supposed longterm plan of putting giggs in charge.

Why would fergie be against José? I thought they were bestest of pals.

People talk about Charlton not wanting Jose. But noone can tell me that Charlton's words have a bigger pull than Fergie's. 

You can see that Fergie was against Jose because he didn't get the job in the first place. Having picked Moyes as his successor it just shows you that they are looking for a manager with a very different profile compared to Jose. 

You can see that Fergie was against Jose because he didn't get the job in the first place. Having picked Moyes as his successor it just shows you that they are looking for a manager with a very different profile compared to Jose.

I'm fairly sure that Mourinho had already agreed to come back to Chelsea by the time United appointed Moyes.

I'm fairly sure that Mourinho had already agreed to come back to Chelsea by the time United appointed Moyes.

No you aren't fairly sure. Me, you and like every other tom, dick and harry only read stories and whatever little the persons involve say. Jose rejected the utd job? Utd rejected Jose?, very sure many don't know the true story.

No you aren't fairly sure. Me, you and like every other tom, dick and harry only read stories and whatever little the persons involve say. Jose rejected the utd job? Utd rejected Jose?, very sure many don't know the true story.

Actually Jose said he had told Ferguson that he was coming back to Chelsea when Real put them out of the CL. So maybe Jose is lying, although ferguson hasn't disputed it so we can assume its the truth, and I'm fairly sure you probably owe FC a bit of an apology for assuming he has the same information that you have  

With all due respect, shite.

I had the misfortune of reading Sir Alex Ferguson's book, "leading", a few months ago. In it, Ferguson himself says that at the time of the David Moyes appointment, when possible successors were being discussed, that it was clear that Mourinho was going back to chelsea having already given his word to Abramovich that he would return. 

I think that stacks up as fairly comprehensive evidence to counter your grotesque passive aggressive attitude. 

I had the misfortune of reading Sir Alex Ferguson's book, "leading", a few months ago. In it, Ferguson himself says that at the time of the David Moyes appointment, when possible successors were being discussed, that it was clear that Mourinho was going back to chelsea having already given his word to Abramovich that he would return.

I think that stacks up as fairly comprehensive evidence to counter your grotesque passive aggressive attitude.

Boom.

OK, but other than mourinho, fergie, mourinhos agent and the then Madrid president saying it, what evidence do we really have.....

Erm, proof? sorry I don't believe everything I read?. Pls don't tell me months ago. Did you just have a say on aggressive attitude. Surely not.

OK, but other than mourinho, fergie, mourinhos agent and the then Madrid president saying it, what evidence do we really have.....

Proof my man, proof. Fergie said it? proof, Jose's agent said it ( let's forget he's always on the lookout for his agent for a moment)? proof, Madrid's president said it? proof. Some actual quotes won't be too shabby. thanks. Fully looking forward to seeing " f*ck off", "bollocks", "dolt" and what have you. Pls disappoint me for once. Edited by lesblues

That could be the case, but you never know. 

To be frank I don't necessarily believe in Fergie's word. I mean he kind of sh*t on his legacy by appointing Moyes. And we can be pretty sure that it was him who wanted a scottish lad - just like himself - from Glasgow to succeed him. Now he's leaking all kind of stories that Klopp was not available etc., but I bet no one has been offered the job in the same way like Moyes. It could very well be that all these rumours regarding thinking about Jose, Klopp, Ancelotti are only leaked to mask the fact that the whole selection process was utter bollox. I mean there is no way that Moyes could've made the Top 10 in any sort of performance criteria for a manager. Hell, going for Redknapp would've been a wise decision compared to employing Moyes. 

So I wouldn't take Fergie's word or anyone else's who was involved in the decision to hire Moyes. (As paranoid that may sound.)

Proof my man, proof. Fergie said it? proof, Jose's agent said it ( let's forget he's always on the lookout for his agent for a moment)? proof, Madrid's president said it? proof. Some actual quotes won't be too shabby. thanks. Fully looking forward to seeing " f*ck off", "bollocks", "dolt" and what have you. Pls disappoint me for once.

Maybe you can save up to buy Fergie's book. He did say it is in there. You want him to take a picture and send it to you?

Proof my man, proof. Fergie said it? proof, Jose's agent said it ( let's forget he's always on the lookout for his agent for a moment)? proof, Madrid's president said it? proof. Some actual quotes won't be too shabby. thanks. 

semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit vos dolt

hehe....no: for the benefit of the recipient - the necessity of proof always lies with the person who lays charges you dolt

in this case it is beyond dispute that it was Uxanga at post # 1639 who commenced the imbroglio by asserting (the rather circular statement) that Fergie was against (the appointment of) Jose because he didn't get the job. In those circumstances it is incumbent upon the asserter to establish the proof and not on those who deny the assertion. In order to shift the evidential burden of proof, Uxanga or the dolt or others have to provide evidence of some sort that Fergie was against the appointment of Jose at the material time. Neither have done so. Moreover, evidence as against the assertion has been provided herein by reference to what one of the material subjects has stated concerning his discussions with the other material subject: that evidence has been corroborated by others close to at least one of the material subjects.