EFL Cup Draw

charierre

Someone please tell me why we're playing either Bristol side and it's to be determined in a match involving only one of them????????????

Sc**thorpe v Cardiff or Bristol City

Chelsea v Bristol Rovers or Bristol City

Why isn't it Sc**thorpe vs Bristol City and us simply playing the winners of the 1st round game of Bristol Rovers vs Cardiff??

Someone please tell me why we're playing either Bristol side and it's to be determined in a match involving only one of them????????????

Why isn't it Sc**thorpe vs Bristol City and us simply playing the winners of the 1st round game of Bristol Rovers vs Cardiff??

Something to do with seeding apparently. All very confusing. Got to wonder why they didn't just do the draw after tomorrow's game?

Ha, it's been so long since we played in the 2nd round, i forgot all about it  :biggrin:

It's been 20 years to be precise, when we played Blackpool in the 2nd round of what was known as the Coca-Cola Cup back in the 1996-1997 season.

It's been 20 years to be precise, when we played Blackpool in the 2nd round of what was known as the Coca-Cola Cup back in the 1996-1997 season.

Out of curiosity (since Leicester won last season), I think that year Leicester won the Coca-Cola Cup, I lived there for a few months that year and watched the final (I think they went to replay) in a pub surrounded by Leicester fans. I have to admit it was good fun, from what I remember...

So, does that mean we face Bristol City?

Rovers... along with Melksham Town they're as good as my second team so I'm looking forward to it. Rovers have had a mixed few years getting relegated to the National League followed by successive promotions back to League 1 so to now be visiting the Bridge is testament to the progress they've made under Darrell Clarke.

Ticket details for the game. 

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/08/ticket-news--bristol-rovers-and-swansea-.html

BRISTOL ROVERS

EFL Cup Round 2
Tuesday 23 August
Kick-off 7.45pm

Ticket sales information

Due to shortness of time ticket sales for this match will be as follows:    

Friday 12 August: Season ticket holders can purchase their own seat.

Tuesday 16 August until 10.30am: Members can purchase a ticket one ticket per member

Tuesday 16 August from 11am – 2.30pm: Members and season ticket holders can purchase an extra two tickets (maximum of three in total).

Tuesday 16 August from 3pm: Tickets will go on general sale (maximum of four tickets per person).

Displaced Season Ticket Holders

As Bristol Rovers have taken 4000 tickets and due to the shortness of time there will be no separate selling day for the displaced season ticket holders to purchase a ticket. However, displaced season ticket holders can purchase any of the available seats not taken by a season ticket holder. Approximately 1000 tickets will be available in the Shed End Upper that were not allocated to Bristol Rovers.                          

Loyalty points

Supporters will receive five loyalty points for this match.

Ticket prices

Tickets for this match are priced as £25 Adult and £12 concessions in non-hospitality areas. 

The Gas are coming to the Bridge. I am a lifelong Rovers and Chelsea fan. I know it sounds silly to have two clubs but Rovers are my hometown team and Chelsea are (thanks to the legend Peter Osgood my London side). I am absolutely made up that they are finally coming to the Bridge. I mentioned to Wendy(our chaperone) on my stadium tour 3 weeks ago that i can only dream of this happening. It may only be the league cup but it means so much to me. Up the Gas and come on Chelsea!!

Out of curiosity (since Leicester won last season), I think that year Leicester won the Coca-Cola Cup, I lived there for a few months that year and watched the final (I think they went to replay) in a pub surrounded by Leicester fans. I have to admit it was good fun, from what I remember...

Yes, Leicester won the League Cup in 1997 against Middlesbrough.

I didn't realise how soon we'd be involved in this. Seems like a perfect opportunity to give the youth a run-out (although it's hard to predict a lineup without knowing who exactly will go out on loan); to what extent does everyone think we'll give starts to the youngsters?

As far as the senior players go, I assume Begovic will start, possibly Moses too. I think we can bank on seeing Aina, Loftus-Cheek, and Chalobah (assuming the latter is still with us).

What'd have happened if both Bristol clubs lost their games? confused.com lol

Archived