Chelsea vs. Bayern Munich (Pre-season) tue 25th of July 12:35

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

bayern were noticeably fitter than us and i reckon their tactic was to come out the gates and press hard to get goals early because they knew our fitness levels weren't up to scratch. it still sucks not to see musonda get a pre-season, but boga definitely looks impressive from what i've seen so far. 

Edited by enigma

Dreadful first half, poor goalkeeping, shoddy defending, keen to see Rudiger come in and hopefully make a difference. We showed some fight second half and played well at times, could have got a draw, mixed feelings on this, only pre season though.

Just now, Chigzzer said:

Couldn't see see the game, how was christensen and boga? How was Morata when he came on? 

Christensen: Our whole defence looked dodgy without Luiz, Cahill was there for the usual blocks but Christensen didn't do too much right or wrong. 

Boga: Same as against arsenal, nice touches very direct but little impact where it matters.

Morata: Very lively, strong, quick, super promising.

Tomori again came on at wing-back and looked decent.

Baker had a few nice touches near the end...

Hazard and Pedro needs to come back soon. Willian showed why he's 2nd choice, Moses panics when the game is coming to an end. Needs restructuring against European sides playing 433.

We need new wingbacks and a CM that can offer something different. Hopefully we can fix all the flaws in our game in time for the season

1 minute ago, Chigzzer said:

Couldn't see see the game, how was christensen and boga? How was Morata when he came on? 

Morata played out of position most of the game but got the flick on from a corner for Michy's goal.

Christensen didn't do too much wrong but we did concede 3 goals with him in the heart of the defense. Would be very harsh to blame him though.

Boga looked lively and probably the most impressive of the youngsters. Offered more than Willian throughout. 

Overall we seemed to get better. But first 30-35 mins we were awful at least 2 goals could have been stopped.

morata made a few nice touches, and I thought boga was agin decent. We are pretty inexperienced on back ups. We definitely are crying out for atleast 2-3 more signings.

it is preseason so you can't read too much into this. 

2 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Need to go with this against Inter...

Courtois 

Dave SSB Rudiger 

Moses Kante Cesc Alonso 

Willian Michy Morata Boga

Though Tomori for Moses is a possibility...Moses again did sod all today...

Not sure the ref will allow us to play 12 unless he dons a Chelsea shirt for the match.

Anyone else more excited by Christensen than Rudiger?
I know Rudiger didn't play today but judging from what I've seen from both I have higher hopes for Christensen.

Of course rudiger has the advantage of the money we paid for him.. That always plays a part.

Just now, CFCholland said:

Anyone else more excited by Christensen than Rudiger?

Not so much more excited by Christensen over Rudiger but excited for Christensen in general.  Really hoping we keep him this season (as in not send him out on loan) as I feel he can be a world class defender in a few years time.

We were much better after Luiz came on and provided some energy. We were also better after Antonio tightened up the space between the lines. 

Not too worried. The key takeaways for me were how well Bayern played rather than how bad we were. Ribery and Coman were superb. James also looked likely. Pacey wingers make all the difference.