Callum Hudson-Odoi

1 hour ago, dkw said:

No one is giving him praise, what a bizarre thing to say. Do you still want him out of the club?

If I could swap him with Havertz, 100%. He's shown me f**k all that he is worth the money he is on. This event has hardly made me think anything other than he's an idiot. 

He begged and whined for the big money contract and he deserves the scrutiny that comes with it. 

Unfortunately, Bayern aren't going to give us 30m for him anymore and he's not going to get the same wage at any other club. So we are stuck with him. Hopefully he proves me wrong and turns into the star he expects to become. 

And as Valerie says, you said we should give him praise? What a bizarre thing to forget. 

Edited by bisright1

17 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

If I could swap him with Havertz, 100%. He's shown me f**k all that he is worth the money he is on. This event has hardly made me think anything other than he's an idiot. 

He begged and whined for the big money contract and he deserves the scrutiny that comes with it. 

"Begged and whined" aka made use of a situation where he held all the cards to get the best deal for himself, his family and future generations of his family.

Anyone who says they wouldn't have done the same in his situation are kidding themselves.

13 minutes ago, Argo said:

"Begged and whined" aka made use of a situation where he held all the cards to get the best deal for himself, his family and future generations of his family.

Anyone who says they wouldn't have done the same in his situation are kidding themselves.

Sure. I can accept that. But as he has demanded to be treated like one of our top 3 or 4 players he has to then meet that expectation. Both on and off the pitch. 

I don't think he showed enough on the pitch to deserve that, now I don't think he's showing enough off the pitch. 

Edited by bisright1
1 minute ago, bisright1 said:

Sure. I can accept that. But as he has demanded to be treated like one of our top 3 or 4 players he has to then meet that expectation. Both on and off the pitch. 

I don't think he showed enough on the pitch to deserve that, now I don't think he's showing enough off the pitch. 

Is 120k really a wage of a top 3/4 player these days given the inflated market? Drinkwater is on that and Michy isn't too far behind and there was no danger of them being top 3/4 players even when there was some hope they'd turn out to be of some use.

For an elite prospect who has already shown his quality in the first team I don't think the wage is obscene, far from it infact, thinking about it again he's probably undercut himself given the cards he held.

I wonder people who say either 100% guilty or 100% not guilty. Most of the time in life that does not apply. CHO was an idiot breaking the covid19 rules and he got himself in stupid situation. Not raping a girl doesn't make him a Saint.. Anyway glad to hear nothing sinister went on and everything is fine. Hope the girl is okay.

8 minutes ago, Argo said:

Is 120k really a wage of a top 3/4 player these days given the inflated market? Drinkwater is on that and Michy isn't too far behind and there was no danger of them being top 3/4 players even when there was some hope they'd turn out to be of some use.

For an elite prospect who has already shown his quality in the first team I don't think the wage is obscene, far from it infact, thinking about it again he's probably undercut himself given the cards he held.

It's impossible to know what each player is paid to be fair but I think you are using the lowest estimate of CHOs wage (120-180) and the higher estimate of other players. https://www.givemesport.com/1535874-every-chelsea-players-wages-for-the-current-season-have-been-revealed this site doesn't guess at CHOs but it would place him as either 1st or 4th. 

I also question when we've seen his quality in the first team? I haven't seen it. 

6 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

It's impossible to know what each player is paid to be fair but I think you are using the lowest estimate of CHOs wage (120-180) and the higher estimate of other players. https://www.givemesport.com/1535874-every-chelsea-players-wages-for-the-current-season-have-been-revealed this site doesn't guess at CHOs but it would place him as either 1st or 4th. 

I also question when we've seen his quality in the first team? I haven't seen it. 

Well there was his performances in the Europa last season (lower rate competition admittedly but still, he was delivering at age 17/18). Also Pep was so worried about his introduction in the league cup final he immediately ordered a double up.

This season I think he's been a lot better than given credit for, he had a rut in November/early December but I very much liked what I saw either side of that.

3 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

He did nothing wrong, other than break quarantine rules. Not much you can do about the supposed rape allegation. Footballers, especially young(er) players, will always be looking to hook up with women. It looks like Callum did the right thing in that regard. We should be praising him on that side. Yes, don’t break quarantine rules though.

Not quite sure why you would praise somebody for not attempting to rape a woman, isn't that what the vast majority do? 

He's still a knobhead for breaking the quarantine rules. Time to grow up on that score Callum, the law was quite clear and applied to everyone.

33 minutes ago, Argo said:

All footballers wages are obscene.

I like his response even though I wasn't really on his side when I heard what happened, I was mostly concerned about the girl.

Hopefully in 8 days he will do all the talking on the pitch.

3 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Unfortunately, Bayern aren't going to give us 30m for him anymore and he's not going to get the same wage at any other club. So we are stuck with him. Hopefully he proves me wrong and turns into the star he expects to become. 

And as Valerie says, you said we should give him praise? What a bizarre thing to forget. 

I didn't say that at all, she quoted someone else saying it.

4 hours ago, Valerie said:

Odd. If we praise the majority of people who do the right thing in whatever, we'd have no time for anything else but handing out compliments :rolleyes:

Still, I'm glad this has blown over, and we can look forward to CHO focusing on his football.

I would say great post Valerie, but i haven't got time.

45 minutes ago, dkw said:

I didn't say that at all, she quoted someone else saying it.

Sorry got confused as you asked me that question when quoting my response to the person who said we should be praising him. 

Glad this has all been sorted and I hope Callum learns some big lessons out of this. 

No doubt he'll now be disciplined formally by the club for breaking the lockdown (although good enough for Cummings, good enough for CHO?)

Club handled this very well btw. Didn't comment and rush to judgement and let the process play out.

4 hours ago, charierre said:

Not quite sure why you would praise somebody for not attempting to rape a woman, isn't that what the vast majority do? 

He's still a knobhead for breaking the quarantine rules. Time to grow up on that score Callum, the law was quite clear and applied to everyone.

5 hours ago, abramovich said:

Not sure I understand what it is we should be praising him for.

6 hours ago, Valerie said:

Odd. If we praise the majority of people who do the right thing in whatever, we'd have no time for anything else but handing out compliments :rolleyes:

Still, I'm glad this has blown over, and we can look forward to CHO focusing on his football.

7 hours ago, bisright1 said:

He invited a strange woman he met on Instagram into his home in the middle.of the night which as you say, was breaking lockdown rules. 

So 1) he did something wrong and 2) he was stupid. 

So yes, hopefully he can learn something from this. He shouldnt be getting any praise and this should be a wake up call. 

Ok, perhaps I was a little overzealous in saying we should be praising him. I’ll happily retract that statement. My point was, the investigation cleared him and that would seem to indicate he facilitated his evening with consent from the lady.

Another point I was trying to make, was other than breaking quarantine rules, he didn’t do anything wrong. So many posters on here were so quick to jump the gun and jump to conclusions like we should get rid of him or he needs to grow up, etc. He’s 19. Who’s to say this model or whatever she was wasn’t begging him to come over and hook up? It can be a two way straight, that is a possibility. Speculation shouldn’t be spewed in only one direction.

I actually posted shortly after the incident that it would be absolutely horrible if he raped her, but I would hold judgment until an investigation took place.

6 hours ago, Valerie said:

Point taken, though I think the world could use more people handing out compliments 🙂

Just think it’s a little harsh for people to say “hope he learned his lesson”.

7 hours ago, bisright1 said:

He invited a strange woman he met on Instagram into his home in the middle.of the night which as you say, was breaking lockdown rules. 

So 1) he did something wrong and 2) he was stupid. 

So yes, hopefully he can learn something from this. He shouldnt be getting any praise and this should be a wake up call. 

You’re like actively trying to hate the guy. He’s done nothing but put his head down and get back to work since that night. And other than that night, there hasn’t been anything from him except football - working back from injury.

No comment from him or his camp, then a great statement which was posted above once the investigation cleared him.

A wake up call? Please. He’s 19. I am sure you made solely great decisions when you were 19 did you? I know I didn’t.

9 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

You’re like actively trying to hate the guy. He’s done nothing but put his head down and get back to work since that night. And other than that night, there hasn’t been anything from him except football - working back from injury.

No comment from him or his camp, then a great statement which was posted above once the investigation cleared him.

A wake up call? Please. He’s 19. I am sure you made solely great decisions when you were 19 did you? I know I didn’t.

If at 19, I think if I was being paid 180k a week from a football club and still hadnt broken into the first team on a regular basis, I wouldn't be copying Kyle walker and Lacazette. I don't know why we are treating the highest paid player at our club like a youth player. He's meant to be the star. He's meant to be Michael Jordan. Hes not meant to bring strange women to his house in the middle of the night and then do something that leads to her accusing him of a rape. 

Also, obviously he wouldn't make a statement before being "cleared". He has lawyer. That's worse than stupid.  

But I have to give him a second chance, because we're stuck with him. Hopefully he turns this around. Hopefully he's a POTY contender next year as he should be. Hopefully we've not spunked a ridiculous amount of money on a flop. I would love to be wrong. 

11 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Ok, perhaps I was a little overzealous in saying we should be praising him. I’ll happily retract that statement. My point was, the investigation cleared him and that would seem to indicate he facilitated his evening with consent from the lady

This line upsets me. It doesn't actually indicate that at all. It indicates that the police felt there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute. A very small number of rape accusations go further than this stage, the latest figures are 1 in 65. 

To say therefore this indicates he got consent is a leap. Statistically its just as likely that the woman still thinks he raped her and feels wronged. 

So let's not jump to any conclusions that he was in any way honourable. It could well be that he wasn't and got a "lucky break".

Edited by bisright1

We don't know anything. That is the situation. Police says there is nothing there. End of story. I really hope whatever happened there hasn't traumatised the girl. That is a horrible thing.

To me this whole saga is over. Hope people have learned from it. That is the thing you can take from unfortunate things.

CHO should grow up and take responsibility. Of his own life and others around him.

Hope it is only football with CHO from now on.

3 hours ago, bisright1 said:

If at 19, I think if I was being paid 180k a week from a football club and still hadnt broken into the first team on a regular basis, I wouldn't be copying Kyle walker and Lacazette. I don't know why we are treating the highest paid player at our club like a youth player. He's meant to be the star. He's meant to be Michael Jordan. Hes not meant to bring strange women to his house in the middle of the night and then do something that leads to her accusing him of a rape. 

Also, obviously he wouldn't make a statement before being "cleared". He has lawyer. That's worse than stupid.  

But I have to give him a second chance, because we're stuck with him. Hopefully he turns this around. Hopefully he's a POTY contender next year as he should be. Hopefully we've not spunked a ridiculous amount of money on a flop. I would love to be wrong. 

This entire post just confirms that you don’t want to like him or see him succeed and I doubt that you would love to be wrong. “Why are we treating him like a youth player” then proceeds to compare his level to the greatest basketball player ever. Ok. We’re not “stuck” with him. He’s a ridiculously promising young talent and a big part of the present and future of the club.

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

This line upsets me. It doesn't actually indicate that at all. It indicates that the police felt there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute. A very small number of rape accusations go further than this stage, the latest figures are 1 in 65. 

To say therefore this indicates he got consent is a leap. Statistically its just as likely that the woman still thinks he raped her and feels wronged. 

So let's not jump to any conclusions that he was in any way honourable. It could well be that he wasn't and got a "lucky break".

You’re the one jumping to conclusions. Why is your conclusion solely that he must have done something to make her say she was raped? Can you not agree that it is possible that he was falsely accused? You are so quick to crucify the kid, even after an investigation. My point is, I’m willing to believe our player who has been investigated, no further action taken, and by all accounts has put his head down and worked since that night.

2 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I get the feeling you dislike him, possibly due to some perceived actions during his contract negotiations so no matter what you aren't going to give him the benefit of any doubt. The fact that even before the police had started an investigation you wanted him out of the club shows you hold a grudge, and some of things your writing are ridiculous. 

4 hours ago, bisright1 said:

The fact that rape goes underreported, and few rapists are actually persecuted and convicted, is horrible. That in itself though is not a reason to therefore distrust all persons being accused of rape but not prosecuted. That's hardly being on solid ground, or 'jumping to any conclusions... and got a lucky break'. That you wish to cast doubt on the decision not to prosecute and therefore his innocence, based on a random unsourced statistic, is despicable.

Talk about twisting matters to suit one's own agenda...