Callum Hudson-Odoi

21 hours ago, coco said:

That's very unfair and points guilt. You should only be suspended if remanded or when on trial. If everyone who gets arrested got suspended on full pay we would all be at it .

1 Arrest (play football) 

2 charge (only training)

3 trial (suspend)

4 sentence or release (sack or keep)

He should be punished on his stupid conduct, but anything else we have to wait until the facts come out. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Brutos said:

I am in my mid thirties I have had lost count of the amount of woman I have been in a flat who I was meeting for probably the third or fourth time and in all my years never one accusation of rape or even anything remotely like that so have my close friends these silly arguments about "inviting someone around" makes no sense because it happens daily.
I don't have the facts no one does unless you are Callum or the girl however, whatever happened I just hope it's a misunderstanding and hurt egos and nothing physical happen both to the girl and callum.

You forget the fact you're neither rich or famous. We know that famous and rich people have been falsley accused and targeted for these sorts of things in the past. Not saying that's the case here, I'm just saying you can't really compare yourself to Callum, neither of us can. 

Callum is a bloody idiot for not following lockdown restrictions, but anything beyond that is just pure speculation. 

Edited by Slojo

Bottom line is that what the club does isn't a matter of innocent till proven guilty. Its about determining how appropriate a suspension is.

Any sizable employer will have disciplinary procedures which set some provision allowing them to suspend an employee whilst an investigation is carried out regarding allegations of misconduct. However whether they enact that depends on how necessary the employer deems it to be.

If I was arrested and there was a charge of anything like rape, a drug offence of a reasonably serious nature, murder, serious assault etc I guarantee I'd be suspended on full pay pending investigation.

Footballers probably get away with that more because they are such a valuable asset. Not saying that's right, just that it's an undeniable fact.

If the club suspend him then there is nothing fundamentally wrong with that as long as they have followed their own policy.

If it turns out his is innocent then he returns. If he is guilty then he faces the legal consequences and the club sacks him.

No real point humming and hahhing about it for now.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I think the club might just be more in the loop on the whole situation to make an informed decision than us lot. 

It's pretty much accepted be was arrested for rape 3 days ago after breaching both national and club guidelines on how to behave. I don't think that's in doubt. 

And he's back training today. 

I feel uneasy about it. I feel uneasy having him associated with the club with this allegation. I don't want a rapist playing for Chelsea. 

I hope that he's been severely reprimanded in private and that this is something where the club feels they can't publicly punish someone awaiting trial due. 

Maybe he's innocent. But the club do not know that. They cannot possibly know that. 

Edited by bisright1

He's on bail now so they have 28 days to charge or 'release' him (although he can still be under investigation for this). If it's a he-says-she-says case a conviction is unlikely but he'll be guilty in the eyes of the media and it'll follow him for his career. Media outlets like The Guardian will ensure the public never forget. 

11 hours ago, coco said:

Iv'e been married 32 years, 1 daughter, 5 granddaughters, i know how to treat a woman mate. My point was that you cant go through life covering your arse for every event. If its just dating your talking about fair enough i have no relevant experience of late, the last time i had to go through all that was 35 years ago.

I'm probably near you age coco, 35 years ago you didn't have to worry too much back then, it was a different era, a different society. Totally different today my friend, consent in the moment is one thing, regret in the next is another, where a simple phone call with the slightest accusation from the 'consenter' sees you behind bars temporarily or otherwise.

It's been very low key in the media so far ... on the BBC Sport pages for example, his return to training doesn't even make the front sports page, and you have to scroll down to even see it on the Football page ...

This, plus his speedy return to training, is all making me think there is no substance to the allegations, but he's an idiot all the same for putting himself needlessly in this position.

6 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

It's been very low key in the media so far ... on the BBC Sport pages for example, his return to training doesn't even make the front sports page, and you have to scroll down to even see it on the Football page ...

This, plus his speedy return to training, is all making me think there is no substance to the allegations, but he's an idiot all the same for putting himself needlessly in this position.

I actually think the opposite. Media has rules about reporting on crimes. 

9 hours ago, bisright1 said:

It's pretty much accepted be was arrested for rape 3 days ago 

I dont think it is though, thats the point. Until the police release these details then its all just supposition, as seen by the inconsistent reporting of it, some claim its rape, some just say she was taken to hospital etc. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I actually think the opposite. Media has rules about reporting on crimes. 

Not a chance, if there was real substance to this then certain media outlets would be all over it like flys round sh*t, rules or not.

I realise i might be coming across as claiming he`s innocent here, but Im not, I just think people really need to hold of condemning him or claiming his innocence until the facts are released, things like this should not be decided by reporting in the media. The fact there is so much ambiguity about this whole thing is convincing me theres more to it than we currently know.

Edited by dkw

24 minutes ago, dkw said:

I dont think it is though, thats the point. Until the police release these details then its all just supposition, as seen by the inconsistent reporting of it, some claim its rape, some just say she was taken to hospital etc. 

Didn't the official police report say the woman claimed to have been raped when they got there? I believe so.

14 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Didn't the official police report say the woman claimed to have been raped when they got there? I believe so.

A spokesperson for the Metropolitan police said: “Police and London Ambulance Service were called at 03:53hrs on Sunday, 17 May to a report of an unwell woman. She was taken to hospital. A man was arrested at the scene. He was released from custody. Enquiries continue.”

Never struck me as the brightest lad but hope he puts his sh*t together quick. The club pays him a sh*tload of money to play football and be a professional. Whatever is the verdict CHO won't play for us in a while.

One thing for sure his reputation will take a hit in the near future whether it stick's with him long term is another matter and he better has thick skin because the banter he will get in stadiums once fan's are allowed will be merciless

I have no intention to charge CHO by any means as the investigation is ongoing. He might well be innocent BUT why put yourself in that kind of situation in the first place. He should know better... Anyway he is a human being and on top of that very very young and somewhat naive. Hope the girl is okay and nothing malicious went on there.

5 minutes ago, evissy said:

I have no intention to charge CHO by any means as the investigation is ongoing. He might well be innocent BUT why put yourself in that kind of situation in the first place. He should know better... Anyway he is a human being and on top of that very very young and somewhat naive. Hope the girl is okay and nothing malicious went on there.

Wasnt you 19 ever ? Maybe a while ago ? Its a bit murky, but i remember myself at 19, always making mistakes and bad calls, not seeing things how they really are.

2 hours ago, coco said:

A spokesperson for the Metropolitan police said: “Police and London Ambulance Service were called at 03:53hrs on Sunday, 17 May to a report of an unwell woman. She was taken to hospital. A man was arrested at the scene. He was released from custody. Enquiries continue.”

I read that official statement. Where did the rape allegation the Mail referred to come from? Other news sources made no mention of it.

1 minute ago, coco said:

Wasnt you 19 ever ? Maybe a while ago ? Its a bit murky, but i remember myself at 19, always making mistakes and bad calls, not seeing things how they really are.

In my job I often have to spend time talking to 19-21 year olds. As you would expect, they are very immature and make poor decisions. It's like talking to children sometimes. 

I was an idiot I was 19 years old. If at that age I had gorgeous woman desperate to come to mine I would have likely invited her over as well. 

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

One thing for sure his reputation will take a hit in the near future whether it stick's with him long term is another matter and he better has thick skin because the banter he will get in stadiums once fan's are allowed will be merciless

If he doesn't get charged, this will be forgotten straight away. It will be a distant memory by the time fans are back in the stadium. People on this forum are making this a bigger deal than it is at this stage. 

Obviously it all changes if he is charged and goes to trial.