Sign in to follow this  
big blue

Hudson Odoi

12 minutes ago, MasonMountXI said:

Does anybody know anything about his contract situation? I have seen him linked with moves abroad and that his contract runs out this summer.

Runs out 2020, if he moves abroad it will most likely be on loan. I've seen some rumours Villarreal want him next season.

1 hour ago, the special one said:

Runs out 2020, if he moves abroad it will most likely be on loan. I've seen some rumours Villarreal want him next season.

I've seen rumours of Barca, Real and other Portuguese clubs. 

Probably going to end up like another McEachran, Bamford, Baker, Solanke, Palmer, Dabo, Angban, Ake... And the list goes on

Saw a report that Monaco are looking at Hudson-Odoi. That obviously wouldn't surprise me with Emenalo there. However, I hope that if he does head to the south of France, its only for a loan move and not a permanent one. However, if it was a permanent move it wouldn't surprise me and I would understand the desire to play more 1st team football, especially at a place like Monaco that will play youth.

If he does go there on loan, I would hope they would send him there throughout the next season. The kid is young but he looks good enough to play first team football. 

Not sure if this should go into first team now, 

Nice to see him come on last night. Could see however how he needs a lot of development to compete for the first team - talent is there but the brain not yet. CHO just so eager - which is fun, but it loses possession. Needs to reign it in and use his head to think about developing the play. 

Not a slight, what he's got as a 17 year old is incredible and I am hoping he has a good head on his shoulders to learn.

1 minute ago, benjsross said:

Not sure if this should go into first team now, 

Nice to see him come on last night. Could see however how he needs a lot of development to compete for the first team - talent is there but the brain not yet. CHO just so eager - which is fun, but it loses possession. Needs to reign it in and use his head to think about developing the play. 

Not a slight, what he's got as a 17 year old is incredible and I am hoping he has a good head on his shoulders to learn.

If only we had a manager who likes to work with players to try and improve their games. Oh wait...

Certainly good enough to warrant some sub appearances throughout the season and hopefully a few starts in the cups.

Unless they decide to loan him out in Jan, once he's turned 18, to get him more game time, which I wouldn't be adverse to, as long as it's to a club where he will play, we've wasted too many years of youngsters development with sh*tty loans.

Rumours are that he will go out on loan in January and if I was him I would be demanding it. 

I know he is only 18 but then so is Sancho and CHO would have seen what getting regular football can do for you. Lets hope the club don't f**k this one up.

Was think about Callum last night while watching the match. Was wondering if it could have been him instead on Sancho if he had been given the same game time. I guess we'll never know.

2 hours ago, Old Shaggy said:

Was think about Callum last night while watching the match. Was wondering if it could have been him instead on Sancho if he had been given the same game time. I guess we'll never know.

Hudson Odoi is the better player!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7804903/chelsea-news-callum-hudson-odoi-contract-latest/

If there was no resolution to this and CHO does end up leaving, we only have ourselves to blame. the fact he has only made 2 sub appearances and not managed 1 start with his contract not sorted out is quite frankly ridiculous. Especially with all the promise he showed in pre-season then he was just left out in oblivion. Also to the fact that we are heavily linked with Pulisic, I wonder how much that will sway things. But if we lose CHO, I will lose all faith in the academy tbh. He is one of our and English football's best prospects and it looks like he might be getting the same picture in regards to seeking a future elsewhere for the sake of his career. Can't believe we have not started him one game this season. I actually trusted faith in Sarri to use him this season with the way he unleashed him in pre-season, but no and we have seen so little of him.

I'm disappointed that CHO hasn't seen more game time this season. The Club must know what a prospect he is and you would like to think they are sorting something out and that we won't f**k things up. Either get him a good loan move for remainder of the season or give him some game time but don't let him rot on the sidelines FFS.

On 26/05/2018 at 13:22, JJP said:

Probably going to end up like another McEachran, Bamford, Baker, Solanke, Palmer, Dabo, Angban, Ake... And the list goes on

The list may go on JJP, and it may go on for some time, but how many of those you've named have gone on to be successful at a club the size of Chelsea, the truth of the matter is, as it has always been with very few exceptions, Utd in the early 90s, us in the mid 70s, is that youth set ups have always had a huge attrition rate. Somebody posted on another of the threads that 95% of those coming up through the academy are later sold on, this may be true, and the figure may well be even higher, but a 95% failure rate would still mean at least one academy player from every year's intake moving up to the first team squad, and believe me that is a high success rate given the number of kids taken on by academies up and down the land. Glass half full mate.

Edited by MKBlue

On 25/11/2018 at 15:22, Gol15 said:

The club will lose this player if things don't change.

This is exactly my fear regarding CHO, but I still feel that he would be better off adopting Ethan Amapadu's example and waiting, watching and learning while taking small steps on his way to becoming an established member of the first team squad, but as you say there is always the chance that he may opt to move on, whether or not it's at a club with the size and stature of Chelsea remains to be seen. I just hope he realises what an opportunity he has to learn his trade at one of the worlds elite clubs and decides to show a little patience as I feel he looks to be one of the true gems to have come out of Cobham, and he's a SW London boy which gives me a great deal of pride.

9 minutes ago, MKBlue said:

This is exactly my fear regarding CHO, but I still feel that he would be better off adopting Ethan Amapadu's example and waiting, watching and learning while taking small steps on his way to becoming an established member of the first team squad, but as you say there is always the chance that he may opt to move on, whether or not it's at a club with the size and stature of Chelsea remains to be seen. I just hope he realises what an opportunity he has to learn his trade at one of the worlds elite clubs and decides to show a little patience as I feel he looks to be one of the true gems to have come out of Cobham, and he's a SW London boy which gives me a great deal of pride.

The trouble is these days many of the youngsters want it NOW. To be fair you can understand that. If they see other players at other clubs that they feel aren't as good as them but already playing regularly and perhaps earning more, they are going to feel hard done by. This is where it comes down to the club and coaching staff who you would hope are telling them all the right things - be patient, we do rate you, you WILL get a chance and become a first team squad regular. So difficult, as we have seen dozens of very good prospects since the Youth Team starting winning the FA Youth cup but realistically, as good as some of these were, the club know only a fraction will make it at Chelsea and they just have to go through the motions and try and develop them best they can. 

I still have hopes for RLC, CHO, Ampadu, Abraham, Mount and maybe even Billy Gilmour. Probably a bit optimistic for 6 players all to be first team squad regulars but if 3-4 can make it then that's not a bad return (+ the young keeper looks decent too).   

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

The trouble is these days many of the youngsters want it NOW. To be fair you can understand that. If they see other players at other clubs that they feel aren't as good as them but already playing regularly and perhaps earning more, they are going to feel hard done by. This is where it comes down to the club and coaching staff who you would hope are telling them all the right things - be patient, we do rate you, you WILL get a chance and become a first team squad regular. So difficult, as we have seen dozens of very good prospects since the Youth Team starting winning the FA Youth cup but realistically, as good as some of these were, the club know only a fraction will make it at Chelsea and they just have to go through the motions and try and develop them best they can. 

I still have hopes for RLC, CHO, Ampadu, Abraham, Mount and maybe even Billy Gilmour. Probably a bit optimistic for 6 players all to be first team squad regulars but if 3-4 can make it then that's not a bad return (+ the young keeper looks decent too).   

I would love so much for this to be our starting line up one day. Even if for only 1 game.

-------------- Kepa -------------

Azpi - Rudiger - Christensen - Alonso

------------- Ampadu -------------

---- Mount ---- Loftus-Cheek ----

Hudson Odoi -- Abraham---- Hazard

You could even put Ampadu in place of Rudiger and get Kante into midfield. That would be 6 home grown players in the starting line up. It will never happen, but i'd love to see it..

On 05/12/2018 at 16:24, DannyVblue said:

I would love so much for this to be our starting line up one day. Even if for only 1 game.

-------------- Kepa -------------

Azpi - Rudiger - Christensen - Alonso

------------- Ampadu -------------

---- Mount ---- Loftus-Cheek ----

Hudson Odoi -- Abraham---- Hazard

You could even put Ampadu in place of Rudiger and get Kante into midfield. That would be 6 home grown players in the starting line up. It will never happen, but i'd love to see it..

Definitely has the potential in a few years... Also crazy to think that Hazard would be one of the oldest players there