West Ham Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 9th Dec 2017 KO 12:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now, EdinburghBlue said:

Please don’t be so naive mate. A handful of posts on here and he’s chucking about terms like that. Irrelevant of how he meant it, it’s not an acceptable term to use.

I don't know the history, if he meant that obviously it's unacceptable, but why not ask him instead of 40 comments all saying he is a c**t, hard to be a Chelsea fan and hate black people no? I remember watching games and frank and JT were the only white outfielders....It's proper behaviour to ask not assume then go in...that's how I was raised, hence I said it's like people WANT to be offended so they can all slate someone feel like they have done a good job and get likes off strangers. Not my way but yea maybe he did mean that, or maybe he meant a monkey as in someone stupid and just didn't think of the implications, only he can tell you that. 

We should get into a league cup semi soon, have a decent run through FA cup & be the ones with less pressure in the next stage of the cl. The tittle has gone, but we could be lifting a cup in February... just trying to reassure myself with if's right now. The season isn't over entirely.

3 minutes ago, bloodyfool0 said:

To our supporters, I salute you and may we come back stronger than ever next year! KTBFFH!

That really depends on transfer dealings. If we lose Hazard, we're screwed.

What annoys me the most, is that in the wake of this defeat, you'll no some detestable news website is going to search through this thread to find potential headlines of "Conte Out" or crap like that.
And what they'll see as well is some prat making racist remarks and you'll that'll take centre stage to stir the pot. 

Just now, Pendergast said:

This lose is on Conte 100%. First of all you cannot play the same 11 after intense game against Atletico. Not in December at least. 

Second - not playing Batschuay was a huge mistake. I don't see any sense putting in Willian and Pedro when we were practically playing the same dumb football style, searching for break through middle. We didn't use our flangs and he ingored Michy for Willian and Pedro? Why... why didn't we move the ball to the wings, for god sake?

Third - against midiocre teams like wh we can afford to play with Cesc and Kante. Bakayoko just wasted 45 minutes. He left and I didn't see any problem with our middle. 

Conte lost this match. And of course Torres but no need to say that. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I don't think we lined up any worse than usual, but certain players didn't turn up. Hazard, alonso, zappacosta, morata, bakayoko were all mediocre today. You can't have players play poorly and expect the whole team to function at 100% 

That early goal for West Ham killed us, giving them the chance to focus 100% on defence for the rest of the game, which they did very well. I'm not sure if we were just knackered or if West Ham were really that good, but we looked completely non-threatening going forward.

It will be interesting to see how Morata reacts in the coming games. We know he has a lot of ability but he has never had the responsibility of leading the line for an extended period. It's easier when things are going your way but he's had a few very disappointing games, and the busy Christmas period is just around the corner. We might learn something about what kind of a character he is.

My family is split between Chelsea and West Ham, so losing to these c**ts feels particularly personal to me.

7 minutes ago, Donny Blue said:

Is it? So only black people can be called monkeys in your opinion? Seems racist to me. When Lenny Mclean said I hate northern monkeys he meant black people right? He might have meant that but people are quick to assume, why not ask him if that's what he meant? 

Such an ignorant perception of racism is rather poor and somewhat disturbing. 

Black people have a historical comparison with monkeys traced to white Europeans in an attempt to both degrade and disempower black people’s worth and dignity and if you can’t see the danger of calling Willian a ‘monkey’ then I’m afraid you’re ever bit as guilty as the poster who made the comment. The political commentary and systematic oppression of using such a word is clearly racism and no sweeping or deflection will convince me otherwise. 

Just now, Stim said:

I think he is a c**t for calling any player a monkey.

I called him a prat for the foul throw does that make me bad also...anyway why the f**k am I talking about this bollox for a stranger I never met who may well be a c**t and deserve the 40 negative comments, ganging up like school girls just irks me that's all, happy to move on, terrible thing that saying give someone the benefit of the doubt and ask before annihilating them, sounds like another detestable thing black people actually suffered from....lynch mobs. 

8 minutes ago, Donny Blue said:

nether here nor there asking the manager to make changes in the first half at 1-0 down is ridiculous, would never happen.  

Yeah, right, never happens - don't be so naive.

Ridiculous is the fact that we lost this game to these bottom feeders. They scored early, but we completely wasted the first half and really started getting into the game mid second half. For whatever reasons, Conte got it wrong today.

Palace game all over again - f**king embarrassing. We made West Ham look good and one of the best defences around. Now watch them go and get battered in their next 5 games.

Get them all in for extra training all over Christmas, 'cos that performance was f**king inexcusable. We could be playing into 2018 and we wouldn't have scored. I'm seething - ruined the weekend.

Edited by Nibs

7 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

Agreed - why we don't start with hunger, pace etc baffles me. We've got more talent than most teams we play but we seem to want to feel our way into every game. All too often that means conceding first and inviting the bus defence   

There was no real pace in midfield and no dynamism. Kante normally provides that, but he can't do it on his own, and Hazard has the trickery, although he was very quiet today, but the rest of 'em? Too many screen passes and too many offloads without any adventure and imagination to our play.

Just now, Stas1 said:

Yeah, right, never happens - don't be so naive.

Ridiculous is the fact that we lost this game to these bottom feeders. They scored early, but we completely wasted the first half and really started getting into the game mid second half. For whatever reasons, Conte got it wrong today.

Yes that's right, a manager with 70 percent possession and triple the chances NEVER makes a sub in teh first half "don't be naive" do you watch football mate, you're expecting him to do stupid things ask for a second opinion if you won't take my word for it 

5 minutes ago, Donny Blue said:

I don't know the history, if he meant that obviously it's unacceptable, but why not ask him instead of 40 comments all saying he is a c**t, hard to be a Chelsea fan and hate black people no? I remember watching games and frank and JT were the only white outfielders....It's proper behaviour to ask not assume then go in...that's how I was raised, hence I said it's like people WANT to be offended so they can all slate someone feel like they have done a good job and get likes off strangers. Not my way but yea maybe he did mean that, or maybe he meant a monkey as in someone stupid and just didn't think of the implications, only he can tell you that. 

You're treading a fine line, mate.
I think people have every right to assume that when a user uses a common malicious slur against a black player, they're racist.

Poor performance all round. Still not convinced by Bakayoko or Zappacosta, hopefully they come good in time.

Although I can see the benefits of playing Hazard through the middle in our new 3-5-2/3-5-1-1 system, I think we need to go back to what made us so successful last season with our 3-4-3, especially without Drinkwater. 

Hoping for a much better performance against Huddersfield, possibly a well earned start for Michy after his two goals in the week. 

6 minutes ago, enigma said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I don't think we lined up any worse than usual, but certain players didn't turn up. Hazard, alonso, zappacosta, morata, bakayoko were all mediocre today. You can't have players play poorly and expect the whole team to function at 100% 

They were mediocre because they were tired. Simple as that. That makes it bad lining up. 

8 minutes ago, Donny Blue said:

Why would a monkey mean stupid? That simply doesn't add up as monkeys are intellegant animals.

He's a racist horrible banger who was on here to tarish the forums name. 

Stop digging a hole 

Please get Conte out of the club and Carlo in ASAP while we still can.

i don’t see Conte winning UCL.

Bakayoko needs to be backup and nothing more. The right leg of Matic is better than him.

What logic is there in selling Diego costa one of the best strikers in the world?  A sane manager wouldn’t text him saying you’re not in my plans next season. He would have costa and sign a new striker ( Morata )  to strengthen the squad. Costa is a match winner. Morata is not there yet.

Edited by JTerry
Error

6 minutes ago, Donny Blue said:

I called him a prat for the foul throw does that make me bad also...anyway why the f**k am I talking about this bollox for a stranger I never met who may well be a c**t and deserve the 40 negative comments, ganging up like school girls just irks me that's all, happy to move on, terrible thing that saying give someone the benefit of the doubt and ask before annihilating them, sounds like another detestable thing black people actually suffered from....lynch mobs. 

Why does this even need to be debated? If you use a racial slur you're a prick. Simple.

If you are offended that people are quick to put that member in their place then you are favouring a place where there is no repercussions for abusive racist, backwards, language 

Edited by boomerdog

Donny Blue would be the guy saying
"Are you sure the fans on the Paris tube were racist? Why do you assume the worst when they wouldn't let a black person on while chanting "We're racist and we know we are"
Maybe if you questioned their behaviour, they might not be racist..." 

1 minute ago, JTerry said:

Please get Conte out of the club and Carlo in ASAP while we still can.

i don’t see Conte winning UCL.

Bakayoko needs to be backup and noting more. The right leg of Matic is better than him.

What logic is there in selling Diego costa one of the best strikers in the world?  A sane manager wouldn’t fall out with him and bring in Morata to strengthen the squad. Costa is a match winner, Morata is not.

Hello fellow chelsea fan

Just now, TomCFC85 said:

You're treading a fine line, mate.
I think people have every right to assume that when a user uses a common malicious slur against a black player, they're racist.

What fine line is that, saying give people the benefit of the doubt? I couldn't give a f**k about the guy, I don't know him and don't support calling a black man a monkey, I just said lynch mentality not great seeing the plethora of comments go in, ask him what he meant, he will either admit it and get banned or have to retract it and realise he is a c**t...is that not more sensible that all calling him a c**t and patting ourselves on the back, but to be clear I couldn't care less, it was a throw away comment because I hate mob mentality....

It was the first 10mins that killed us.

but still we have no excuses, west ham played like there life depended on it.

i was worried before the game. As they were lucky not to get a draw against city away. And I said, morata has to put his chances away.