Chelsea V Hull City (FA) Fri 16th Feb 20:00 UK

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

My only feeling today is we could have 74-0 if that blithering idiot Mourinho hadn’t sold KdB & Salah. I think they would have solved world hunger and developed a cure for cancer if they were still here too. Between the two they’d have built our new stadium themselves by hand themselves, decided it wasn’t quite right, knocked it down and done it again. 

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

Please don't. If we have go 3-5-2, then i'm calling a defeat for us, i have no faith in that formation whatsoever.

We have no choice but to play 352 . Barca play a 4132. with four midfielders probabaly busquets rakitic paulinho and iniesta. We will get overun if we play 2 midfielders especially if Fabregas plays in a 2.  I expect Drinkwater to do a job

2 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

McEachran and based on what? We have players of similar build in the academy, with similar play styles, they're not all going to fail because Josh did.

Sorry spelt his name wrong:face_palm:....don't get me wrong his stature has nothing to do with it it's just that our club don't give players like josh, scott etc etc the time and chances with the 1st team they need in order to develop...history repeating itself iam afraid....

Couldn’t tell much from this game but good for confidence to have a win and Willian was as we all saw excellent. Palmer I also looked lacy down the left. 

Drinkwater should stop trying too hard and just relax  

If we play three central midfielders against Barca who will be the third?

3 hours ago, ozboy said:

Couldn’t tell much from this game but good for confidence to have a win and Willian was as we all saw excellent. Palmer I also looked lacy down the left. 

Drinkwater should stop trying too hard and just relax  

If we play three central midfielders against Barca who will be the third?

Well, if Baka is not fit, Conte hasn't got too many options. Against Barca I think that it is crucial to start with at least two players in the midfield that are good defensively. So that leaves us with Kante - who is untouchable - and two others that one of them should be competent defensively, meaning either Luiz or DD, or both, would start. If Conte decides to opt for a 3-4-3, then no Fabregas definitely, and perhaps we will see a front 3 of Hazard, Willian and Pedro...
Knowing Conte, Barca and our current situation, starting with Cesc, Willian, Hazard, and Morata has the same probability as Conte shaving his hair and going bald again. But you never know, right?

2007.jpg.07975d8760969452e5e0bdd149cb1f89.jpg

8 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

I wouldn't write Kyle Scott off after one game, kid is obviously talented, otherwise he wouldn't have played. He's been one of the standout performers at youth level, bit harsh to say he'll never make it.

Very talented and one of the best performers at every Academy level over a number of years. Sadly for Kyle, while all of the youth team coaches he has played under have appreciated his ability to control the pace of the game with his one-two-touch metronomic style, it does not catch the eye in the same way as an Ethan Ampadu or Callum Hudson-Odoi. Being slight of build doesn't help either, although it doesn't hold him back... he likes a tackle. The good news is that Conte obviously sees a player who can provide good cover in the middle of the park, speeding up and slowing down the play when in possession and when required. A long way off yet in terms of comparability, but, if there are any similarities with Pirlo, there is nobody better than Conte to both recognise them and bring them out.  

17 hours ago, Munkworth said:

My only feeling today is we could have 74-0 if that blithering idiot Mourinho hadn’t sold KdB & Salah. I think they would have solved world hunger and developed a cure for cancer if they were still here too. Between the two they’d have built our new stadium themselves by hand themselves, decided it wasn’t quite right, knocked it down and done it again. 

You're getting a bit boring moaning about people talking about KdB and Salah on every thread, pal. Its a forum, let people talk about what they want. 

Emerson's debut for Chelsea and gets his 1st assist for Giroud's 1st goal for Chelsea. 2 New January Transfers helping each other out. How wonderful. ::clap2::

I was disappointed we didn't score anymore goals during the 2nd half. I was hoping for a serious thrasher. Something similar to Swansea's 8-1 victory.

It's all fine and dandy. Coming off conceding 7 goals in 2 matches, this was a good way to make up for our losses scoring 7 goals in 2 matches.

C'mon Chelsea !!!!!!

On 16/02/2018 at 22:50, Spiller86 said:

I would probably say he (Kyle) is not at that level (Josh’s) even... 

Unfortunately I have to agree again.

On 16/02/2018 at 22:50, Spiller86 said:

...Hopefully we get another weaker team in the 6th round so Trev Chalobah can also make his debut. 

Trevor is, in my opinion, at least one level above Kyle.

On 17/02/2018 at 02:59, Floyd25 said:

I wouldn't write Kyle Scott off after one game, kid is obviously talented, otherwise he wouldn't have played. He's been one of the standout performers at youth level, bit harsh to say he'll never make it.

I have to accept that Antonio seems to like him and that does carry some weight with me. Nevertheless it is true to say that I wrote Kyle off long before he made his debut on Friday; long before Antonio arrived indeed.

Standout at youth level? Not according to me. Often I’ve been dissatisfied when a development side is announced and Kyle has been named to play. It’s not what a Chelsea fan wants to say about one of our own but it would be dishonest to pretend I’ve ever had any hope for Kyle because I haven’t.

A post below yours hints that those who don’t appreciate Kyle’s contribution may just not have noticed it. Forgive me but, if I read that as applying to me, I’d find it deeply patronising. I watch a lot of Chelsea football and I’ve seen what’s there to be seen. If others have a different opinion of what Kyle has to offer that’s fair enough, but please no one tell me I don’t know what I’m watching.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I have to accept that Antonio seems to like him and that does carry some weight with me. Nevertheless it is true to say that I wrote Kyle off long before he made his debut on Friday; long before Antonio arrived indeed.

Standout at youth level? Not according to me. Often I’ve been dissatisfied when a development side is announced and Kyle has been named to play. It’s not what a Chelsea fan wants to say about one of our own but it would be dishonest to pretend I’ve ever had any hope for Kyle because I haven’t.

A post below yours hints that those who don’t appreciate Kyle’s contribution may just not have noticed it. Forgive me but, if I read that as applying to me, I’d find it deeply patronising. I watch a lot of Chelsea football and I’ve seen what’s there to be seen. If others have a different opinion of what Kyle has to offer that’s fair enough, but please no one tell me I don’t know what I’m watching.

I would say, based on the academy games I watched, he looked comfortable at that level, his passing attributes seemed to be above other players. It sounds strange to me that you'd feel dissatisfied with him being named in academy sides, did he cost us points? He was the focal point of midfield, in a team that won 5 trophies at under 18 level, but the main point of playing at that level is for players to develop and learn, he wouldn't have done that parked on the bench.

If you don't rate Kyle Scott, then fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion, perhaps you're right, perhaps he'll never be good enough. I'm not trying to state that you don't know what you're watching, but I think it's wholly unfair and inaccurate to suggest that Kyle didn't play a huge part in the achievements of the youth teams, because he did and he more than earned his call up to the first team, in my mind.

Edited by Floyd25

2 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

I would say, based on the academy games I watched, he looked comfortable at that level, his passing attributes seemed to be above other players. It sounds strange to me that you'd feel dissatisfied with him being named in academy sides, did he cost us points? He was the focal point of midfield, in a team that won 5 trophies at under 18 level, but the main point of playing at that level is for players to develop and learn, he wouldn't have done that parked on the bench.

If you don't rate Kyle Scott, then fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion, perhaps you're right, perhaps he'll never be good enough. I'm not trying to state that you don't know what you're watching, but I think it's wholly unfair and inaccurate to suggest that Kyle didn't play a huge part in the achievements of the youth teams, because he did and he more than earned his call up to the first team, in my mind.

Thanks F25,

i don’t want to continue the conversation because I don’t feel comfortable talking down a young Chelsea player and that’s pretty much what I’d have to do to defend my point of view. I will only say two things: -

First, if Kyle were asked if he’d prefer to be rated by Antonio or by me, we all know what he’d say. So he’ll never know what I think, and shouldn’t care if he did. He can take encouragement from the way Antonio is involving him.

Second, I am nevertheless 100% certain that my opinion about Kyle is right.