Chelsea V Barcelona (CL) Tues 20th Feb 19:45 UK

Well I’ve been behind Conte 100% even with the tough losses this year but this lineup is just baffling. Why in the f**k try this same formation again? Hazard as the false 9 doesn’t work and neither does Cesc in midfield against faster teams. I hope I’m proven totally wrong and look an idiot but this just doesn’t look good. 

3 minutes ago, TheBluesBrother said:

Conte is really trying my patience. Fabregas in a two man midfield and no recognised striker? Conte should be in a mental asylum. We will be under pressure from the start. Why no target man in Giroud or Morata? I think Conte could well be picking up his P45 very soon.The master of his own downfall.

I would have also picked a big man for set pieces, there's no doubt Chelsea have an advantage there so please no short corners tonight.

Just now, Famous CFC said:

Well Conte doing what he thinks is best. I guarantee if Chelsea pull off a win the ones moaning will change their tune. Embarrassing. Never knew so many people had managerial experience. 

I said in my post I’ve nevered questioned him until this selection and I hope like hell Im proven to be an idiot. No moaning just worried

i think the pace up top will trouble barca, the movement of pedro and hazard will be important. it will be interesting to see how it works. i think our front 3 are better suited to press them without the ball than giroud or morata. can see azpi possibly dropping into midfield, and have kante mark messi.

Edited by enigma

I'm genuinely interested to see the thought process in choosing this squad/formation.

Me too, he obviously has a plan worked out, and accepts the huge risk of being made responsible for a hypothetical loss by all the fans who would have known so much better.
If conte figured out the false 9 is the best way to exploit their weaknesses I'm all for it!

Just now, IndianaBlue85 said:

I said in my post I’ve nevered questioned him until this selection and I hope like hell Im proven to be an idiot. No moaning just worried

Just chill, sir. We just happen to be playing one of the best teams in the world with the best player in the world. Doesn't matter what team or formation we play. This is going to take a vintage Chelsea performance to overcome this team. 

6 hours ago, Famous CFC said:

Well Conte doing what he thinks is best. I guarantee if Chelsea pull off a win the ones moaning will change their tune. Embarrassing. Never knew so many people had managerial experience. 

We have been absolutely horrible with a false 9 against good teams though. Against City who compares best to the Barcelona we face today we were decent as long as we had an actual striker on for 20 minutes and couldn't get over midfield after Morata went off with Hazard as false nine.

5 minutes ago, Blue Exile said:

False 9 against this lot.

I’m starting to think Conte is daring Roman to sack him.

Start Giroud so we get a target man with some sort of presence and can hold it up. Nope. Hazard will be isolated too.

I have been pumped for this all day, now Conte has taken a big sh*t on it.

Yep just spoken with a mate and we both believe Conte wants the sack to get that £26 million compensation. What a C*** !!!

2 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

Just chill, sir. We just happen to be playing one of the best teams in the world with the best player in the world. Doesn't matter what team or formation we play. This is going to take a vintage Chelsea performance to overcome this team. 

Well it certainly helps when you don't play a formation that got battered by Watford and Bournemouth.