coco

Chelsea vs Arsenal (EL FINAL) Wed 29th May 20:00 GMT

56 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Just had a vision. Penalty shootout, Cech the hero for Arsenal.

Oh god such mixed feelings.

Yeah no way we win on pens against Cech.

2 hours ago, luckywerthers said:

kepa aint been looking bad lately though ...

No he has not. Cech is legendary though. Imposing. Not just anyone could have scared out 3 of Bayerns best pen takers.

5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

No he has not. Cech is legendary though. Imposing. Not just anyone could have scared out 3 of Bayerns best pen takers.

I nearly said that Cech isn’t that great at penalties then I remembered... :face_palm:

1 hour ago, zes said:

Why on earth are we playing a friendly before this game? This club sometimes......

It's 2 weeks before, or would you prefer we don't play for 3 weeks prior to the final? 

17 minutes ago, dkw said:

It's 2 weeks before, or would you prefer we don't play for 3 weeks prior to the final? 

That’s a good point actually, let’s just hope nothing stupid happens like a bad injury to one of our players.

They boys will catch Arsenal off guard and win 3-1 therefore earning Sarri his first ever major trophy.

KTBFFH

23 minutes ago, dkw said:

For me this could be a master stroke

The game in the states will be played at testimonial speed and ferocity almost an ideal warm down and some down time in general .

The players will come back and probably get a few days off  with family before getting ready.

The gap between 12 May and 29 May is far too long to focus on just one game the game in the states adds something different.

12 minutes ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

That’s a good point actually, let’s just hope nothing stupid happens like a bad injury to one of our players.

Far more injuries come about in training than  do in matches.

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Not that but why are we playing a friendly match before the season's over? Sarri also said the squad is tired. 

On 10/05/2019 at 08:18, Old Shaggy said:

Call me what you like, but I'm not sure I'm gonna bother watching this one. Both teams have been awful this season, but Arsenal have got strikers who can score which will probably be the decider.

so from your words both are equally poor??  no matter so long as we are less sh!t than them on the day..    

you said "Call me what you like"  tempting....but maybe best you realise we need to win this final,  it's VERY important as it decides what pot we go into in the Champions League next season..

19 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Just had a vision. Penalty shootout, Cech the hero for Arsenal.

Oh god such mixed feelings.

Would be a pleasure to watch, absolute legend of a goalie, he could play a blinder and win the game for Arsenal, would not tarnish him in my eyes one little bit.

Hopefully we win and it's a good game and we score goals no keeper would stop.

UEFA have a lot of people to keep happy after all the scandals in the past. I think it’s called buying their silence. I know all the sponsors want tickets and there are a lot of those, but 30,000 for the UEFA “Family”  is taking the P*@s! There is another batch on sale to the general public, surely there should be a bigger quota for the teams that get there. I still think this organisation is a closed shop.

Posted (edited)

Will our attack turn up to get at that suspect Arse defence? That’s the key for me.

As for Cech, I hope he loses and there will be no ‘mixed feelings’. I’m a Chelsea fan first and foremost. If anything, Cech’s failure in this one will only give more emphasis to his legendary time with us.

Edited by Blue Exile

Fans do not matter in this business unfortunately. It's beyond me how UEFA can come up with that excuse for allocating only 6k tickets. Whoever wrote that couldn't have done it with a straight face. All the more reason to get out of this farcical competition. 

9 hours ago, Blue Exile said:

Will our attack turn up to get at that suspect Arse defence? That’s the key for me.

I won't even bet a dollar on it. Arsenal, at least, have a proven goalscorer in Aubameyang. We have none.