Chelsea vs Arsenal (EL FINAL) Wed 29th May 20:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Two English double-headers in Europe. When was the last time that happened?

I expect us to play better against Arsenal than we did tonight (heaven help us if we don't), but I'm still not all that confident about winning this. Emery has an outstanding record in the EL and Arsenal have more riding on this game than we do. 

Shame Rudiger is out for this one, he has had a great year and always plays Arsenal tough. Kante back for this will help.

Thinking back to the early season 3-2 win at Stamford Bridge, it just seems so long ago, as if it was a different season. So much has happened since. But so does the January loss at the Emirates.

Morata, Barkley and Alonso started the August match for us. Plus Hazard came on at 61' mark. 

Its nearly three weeks away, but.....

Come on you Chelsea!! :bluescalf::bluescalf:

42 minutes ago, Old Shaggy said:

Call me what you like, but I'm not sure I'm gonna bother watching this one. Both teams have been awful this season, but Arsenal have got strikers who can score which will probably be the decider.

You're not going to watch your team in a European Final because we might lose?

Shocking mentality.

8 hours ago, DaRick said:

Two English double-headers in Europe. When was the last time that happened?

I expect us to play better against Arsenal than we did tonight (heaven help us if we don't), but I'm still not all that confident about winning this. Emery has an outstanding record in the EL and Arsenal have more riding on this game than we do. 

This the first time all four finalists in Europe's top two competitions have come from one nation.

There's only been two all-English European Finals before. Spuds beating Wolves in the 1971-72 UEFA Cup and Man Utd beating us in the 2007-08 CL Final.

Not sure about when there was last 2 English double headers in Europe before though?

23 minutes ago, JoeyN said:

You're not going to watch your team in a European Final because we might lose?

Shocking mentality.

Thanks, good job I couldn't give a flying f**k what you think fella. This team we have at the moment is full of unlikable players with 0% passion for the club. Watching us get battered from pillar to post by a sub-standard Arsenal team is not what I would call entertainment. Seen us before in a European final against an English rival, and it didn't go well. If we win I'll watch it later.

1 hour ago, Old Shaggy said:

Call me what you like, but I'm not sure I'm gonna bother watching this one. Both teams have been awful this season, but Arsenal have got strikers who can score which will probably be the decider.

Our club made a final, and you may not watch it??? Where is your ? ?

Piece of trivia.

There were six British sides in the three European competitions Semi Finals in 1983/84.

Yes,during that season !

Liverpool and Dundee Utd in the European Cup. Man Utd and Aberdeen in the ECWC and Nottingham Forest and Spuds in the UEFA Cup.

Two English teams made their respective competitions Finals

I've seen alot of people saying that Arsenal have the edge because Emery has the know how and the experience.

Let's not forget that some of our squad have experience of winning in a European final:

Pedro (With Barcelona)
Luiz
Azpi
Willian (With Shakhtar)
Hazard
Cahill (won't play but i'm sure will offer advice)

Outside of Cech and Ozil i can't think of anyone else in Arsenal's squad who would have a similar experience.

I'd be more worried if we played Arsenal over two legs, but this is a final and thus a single game where anything can happen. We will be up for this but can at the same time be relaxed since we already have CL locked up - Arsenal have way more to lose and probably will be more nervous. It'd hate it if it was the other way around!

57 minutes ago, Old Shaggy said:

Thanks, good job I couldn't give a flying f**k what you think fella. This team we have at the moment is full of unlikable players with 0% passion for the club. Watching us get battered from pillar to post by a sub-standard Arsenal team is not what I would call entertainment. Seen us before in a European final against an English rival, and it didn't go well. If we win I'll watch it later.

I don't have love for many of these players either, but I still support the f**king team.

If anything, think of Ruben who is on the verge of his first proper trophy. 

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Hazard vs Auba and lazza. This is key as both teams have poor defenses and average midfields.

But the massive difference is that they have two very good strikers as opposed to our,................eh..............................None!

One-off game, we just have to pray we keep those two strikers quiet and that Hazard has "one of those" games and everyone else is up for it. With us already qualified for CL and Arsenal needing to win more could go either way, but let's just hope ALL our players turn up and we beat them in a game to remember.

1 hour ago, abramovich said:

If anyone ever had a doubt that he’s proper Chels! Clearly wants us to beat his other former club.

44 minutes ago, drjonesy1994 said:

I've seen alot of people saying that Arsenal have the edge because Emery has the know how and the experience.

Let's not forget that some of our squad have experience of winning in a European final:

Pedro (With Barcelona)
Luiz
Azpi
Willian (With Shakhtar)
Hazard
Cahill (won't play but i'm sure will offer advice)

Outside of Cech and Ozil i can't think of anyone else in Arsenal's squad who would have a similar experience.

Can Sarri finally win a trophy? Got to admit I’ve considered the Emery factor. Still Conte never won a cup final until he did with us in the FA cup final against a serial winner in Mourinho so guess maybe it won’t make a difference.