coco

Chelsea vs Arsenal (EL FINAL) Wed 29th May 20:00 GMT

On 10/05/2019 at 19:31, dansubrosa said:

Just had a vision. Penalty shootout, Cech the hero for Arsenal.

Oh god such mixed feelings.

More like Hazard has his Drogba moment and scores the winning penaltty in a european final and leaves a legend

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 08:18, Old Shaggy said:

Call me what you like, but I'm not sure I'm gonna bother watching this one. Both teams have been awful this season, but Arsenal have got strikers who can score which will probably be the decider.

What a weird stance to have.

I can't remember ever thinking anything like that before a cup final before, regardless of how we have been playing.

Odd that you probably "won't bother" watching it, but yet 'bothered' to log onto the match day thread to tell us.

Enjoy your summer off pal ;-)

Get this going in Baku, will wind up the Dippers too having nicked 'their' chant...

From Athens up to Stockholm

From Munich to The Dam

We’ve conquered all of Europe

And we fkin hate West Ham

The ball was on the spot

When Drogba took the shot

We’re the only team in London

And we’ve won the fkin lot

Allez Allez Allez!..

As it happens, unlike the Dippers, we have won the lot, they can never do so, as the Cup Winners Cup no longer exists.

On 10/05/2019 at 08:18, Old Shaggy said:

Call me what you like, but I'm not sure I'm gonna bother watching this one. Both teams have been awful this season, but Arsenal have got strikers who can score which will probably be the decider.

This is a shocking post. It's your team in the final, what kind of fan are you if you are not going to support them in the biggest game of our season?

On 10/05/2019 at 10:56, ForeverCarefree said:

Allocated less than 9% of the stadiums total capacity. 

FIFA/UEFA are a bunch of dicks. 

This on the other hand doesn't shock me at all. It's disgusting, but exactly what I would expect from UEFA. Absolute pricks.

On the coach to Leicester we watched the highlights of the 2012/13 season (when we won the Europa League against a lesser team than Arsenal!). What hit me about that season was how quick we were in attack and the strength of our midfield that season – Hazard, Mata, Lampard, Oscar, Moses and Ramires. How quickly we could break and each of those players ability to get in scoring positions and score. Something under Sarri we just don’t see and never will.

Arsenals attacking strength is their main strength. They could hit three past us in ten minutes if we aren’t on our game. However, over the years I’ve learnt you never write off Chelsea, especially when underdogs and I think we will be underdogs on this occasion. For that reason, I think we’ll just about do enough to grind out a very hard fought victory.    

3 hours ago, The Chelsea Way said:

never write off Chelsea, especially when underdogs and I think we will be underdogs on this occasion

The last I looked, The bookies had Chels as favorites over le arse

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, robdog said:

The last I looked, The bookies had Chels as favorites over le arse

That seems silly on their part. Auba and Lazza are in hot form and we have nobody worthy of being called a striker.

Edited by axman2526

I apologize if previously discussed, but added motivation is the fact the winner of the Europa League gets the same treatment as the winner of the Champions League and goes in to Pot 1 in next year's group stage of the Champions League, which should be an easier path. We are guaranteed Pot 2, unless we win the UEL and go into Pot 1. If in Pot 1, we will not get Barcelona, PSG, Juventus, Bayern or Dortmund, and Zenit, but you would get from Pot 2 one of Real, Atletico, Porto, Sevilla, Bayern or Dortmund, and Roma. 

There's a chance Tottenham falls to Pot 3 if the lose UCL Final and a couple of certain clubs in other leagues finish top 4. This would be awesome.

So let's go in this Europa League Final!!

Come on you Chelsea!!  :bluescalf::bluescalf:

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 08:44, Munkworth said:

I nearly said that Cech isn’t that great at penalties then I remembered... :face_palm:

Yeah so did I...:blush2:

12 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I’ve already got nerves for this, can’t stand the thought of losing to this lot in a final again. We owe them one for the 2017 FA Cup final. 

I can't stand losing to them ever, but especially in a European Final !

On 10/05/2019 at 15:18, Old Shaggy said:

Biggest game of the season and this is the match you're not bothered about?

If it was the Leicester vs Chelsea game then I can see the logic behind it but a Cup Final??

Beggars belief.

8 minutes ago, Deino said:

Biggest game of the season and this is the match you're not bothered about?

If it was the Leicester vs Chelsea game then I can see the logic behind it but a Cup Final??

Beggars belief.

f**k me you lot, even though I've softened a bit I still think watching us at the moment is a chore. Didn't realise this forum was filled with "super fans"!

13 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Sarri has to find a way of shutting down Auba and Lazza. If we cannot we will get tanked.

Dominate possession. 

They can't score if they haven't got the ball. As long as we keep it tight and disciplined in the midfield we should be okay. 

I think our midfield is much better than theirs and I think that's where we can win this game. 

23 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Dominate possession. 

They can't score if they haven't got the ball. As long as we keep it tight and disciplined in the midfield we should be okay. 

I think our midfield is much better than theirs and I think that's where we can win this game. 

I agree, possession and ball retrieval high up the pitch are our best attributes, and probably the reason our defensive stats don't look too bad.

1 hour ago, Old Shaggy said:

f**k me you lot, even though I've softened a bit I still think watching us at the moment is a chore. Didn't realise this forum was filled with "super fans"!

You knew what kind of reaction you were going to get when you said "Call me what you like," so don't act shocked now.:laugh2:

Seems we are pretty big underdogs, I think that's a good thing. 

Their front 2 is what we need to be wary of that's obvious, Hazards final game, let's hope we get the best performance from him because he's a game changer. 

49 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Seems we are pretty big underdogs, I think that's a good thing. 

Their front 2 is what we need to be wary of that's obvious, Hazards final game, let's hope we get the best performance from him because he's a game changer. 

The bookies have us 5/4 and Arse 9/4, they are the underdogs, even if we see it different.

1 hour ago, coco said:

The bookies have us 5/4 and Arse 9/4, they are the underdogs, even if we see it different.

Oh fair enough, I don't gamble so I never know the odds, everyone I've spoke to keeps saying Arsenal are going to win it. 

I can see why many think it, they've got more to gain, it's a must win for them and we seem to very inconsistent. 

If Old Shaggy doesn’t wanna watch it he doesn’t have to so let’s not have jibes at him for it. Watching us this season has been terrible, Cup final or not. I’ll be watching it cause I’m a glutton for punishment but if he doesn’t want to then that’s his prerogative. Those that are watching it let’s just concentrate on the game shall we and not give fellow fans crap?