Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, coco said:

Every position is up for grabs. The best thing is now we have stiff competition in most positions, no player can relax thinking they are 'first team'.

I think the constant rotation was partly responsible for our inconsistency last season, it couldn't be helped as we were hugely plagued with injuries all season. Even in our most successful years we had a core set of players who were undroppable for the big games and for me we need players in this current squad to step up and solidify there position in the 'first team'. 

I personally think Kai, Kante, Kova from midfield can do that up top Ziyech, Werner and Pulisic. Defense will be a challenge as that area for us has seen the highest level of inconsistency but hopefully a new keeper, Chilwell, Silva and James can step up. 

This doesn't mean players can't force themselves into the first 11 as there will be rotation but my point is players just need to raise there game and offer us 7-8 out of 10 performances week in week out. 

Guest Sindre
43 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

I see the same line-up although i hope Frank doesn´t play favours here. Just have a feeling Mount will get the nod over Kovacic but if he really thinks Mount is best for the balance of the team i will go with that.

I also think Lampard will have a spot for Mount.

I don't think it would be Kovacic losing out though but Kante. Unless Kante suddenly gets back to his best but i am unsure if he will.

I believe we may see Kovacic as the holding midfielder with Mount and Havertz beside him. 

2 hours ago, Nevamind said:

If you end your comment with "agree to disagree" don´t spout some stupid comment beforehand. You are right though it´s not worth to debate it here.

For reference, a CDC report might not be considered stupid by all. Just a published fact. The shut down was also reference to a series of events that happened. Not quite sure how any of that is “stupid” or worthy of insults. To each their own I guess.

Edited by PhilH930

This season will be a great test for Lampard. Learned a lot about the youth at a higher leaven and getting some much needed quality reinforcement. We must cut out the silly mistakes and cheap goals, and be more ruthless at the other end. Will be fun to see the journey/progress continue. 

5 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

With that mindset might as well shut the lot down. Sports, restaurants, leaving your own home anytime. Any social contact is a risk, especially with cold and flu season approaching.

Sounds like Heaven to me! :laugh2:

3 hours ago, JoeyN said:

The KKK Midfield...

They’ll be a lot of opposition fans who’d say this is very appropriate for our club. 

8 hours ago, Sindre said:

I don't think it would be Kovacic losing out though but Kante. Unless Kante suddenly gets back to his best but i am unsure if he will.

I believe we may see Kovacic as the holding midfielder with Mount and Havertz beside him. 

Tbh I don't see why we shouldn't just go back to the pivot anyway, have Kai (if signed)/Mount/RLC behind the striker with Kovacic/Jorginho/Kante/Gilmour in the midfield two. 

1 minute ago, evissy said:
18 minutes ago, Gol15 said:
Pulisic, Ziyech and CHO makes 3 natural wingers, with Mount and Werner capable of playing more wide if needed.

Ziyech for me isn't a natural winger or Werner but both can very well play there. Mount can also as can Havertz.

That is his natural position, Ajax did allow a lot of freedom when it comes to player movements but in their 4-3-3 he was most of the time a winger, it also depends if they played a false 9 or not but he is more than capable of cutting inside as well. We will see him on that right hand side most of the time.

15 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

For reference, a CDC report might not be considered stupid by all. Just a published fact. The shut down was also reference to a series of events that happened. Not quite sure how any of that is “stupid” or worthy of insults. To each their own I guess.

Ok this is my last take on this. My comment was not against the CDC report although i haven't read what it exactly says but more about that you can't differentiate between going on holiday and not caring about pragmatic health advise to the everyday stuff you have to do to get get money food and some freetime. 

On 31/08/2020 at 16:11, Sindre said:

Yes, I see Kante struggling to get in, injuries and inconsistent form have plagued him over last couple of years, he’s not the player he was, has football moved on and left him behind? Personally at nearly 30, I would cash in maybe, 50 mill Plus  would be excellent buisiness on our part

Edited by chi blue

10 hours ago, chi blue said:

Yes, I see Kante struggling to get in, injuries and inconsistent form have plagued him over last couple of years, he’s not the player he was, has football moved on and left him behind? Personally at nearly 30, I would cash in maybe, 50 mill Plus  would be excellent buisiness on our part

Lampard played Kante as much as he could last season, as soon as he was available he walked in the starting lineup and after the pandemic break Lampard played him every game till he got injured again.

People have a different perception when it comes to Kante because everyone knows how he used to destroy teams so the bar that he needs to reach is much higher than other players but he is still a great player when healthy.

40 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Lampard played Kante as much as he could last season, as soon as he was available he walked in the starting lineup and after the pandemic break Lampard played him every game till he got injured again.

People have a different perception when it comes to Kante because everyone knows how he used to destroy teams so the bar that he needs to reach is much higher than other players but he is still a great player when healthy.

And the problem was, we looked worse in those games. He's only looked good in the last 2 seasons when we are playing a team better than us. 

Kante relies on breaking up the other teams play. However since Sarri came in, that play happens in the final third, not our half. 

I don't know why lampard insisted on playing him, but it wasn't working. 

I'm pretty sure he's going to stay, seems like some hot air. I've no idea where he's going to play and hope we aren't going to try and shoe horn him as a lone DM. 

10 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

And the problem was, we looked worse in those games. He's only looked good in the last 2 seasons when we are playing a team better than us. 

Kante relies on breaking up the other teams play. However since Sarri came in, that play happens in the final third, not our half. 

I don't know why lampard insisted on playing him, but it wasn't working. 

I'm pretty sure he's going to stay, seems like some hot air. I've no idea where he's going to play and hope we aren't going to try and shoe horn him as a lone DM. 

He doesn't make any assists but he can take shots. Now after Mount, Tammy and Pulisic have some experience and when we have Werner, Ziyech and Havertz his role might be much greater.

The whole point is that he didn't have much experience in front of him and the defense behind him was terrible.

12 hours ago, chi blue said:

I disagree. Kante has a lot to offer still, I believe he was just injured and was not given adequate rest.

Also the fact that everyone put too much hope in him whenever he returned. When fit, he does the job of two players which when coupled with a poor backline and a misfiring frontline makes him look bad 

On 31/08/2020 at 20:54, evissy said:

We have 2 natural wingers. Should we have more? 4-3-3 has 2 wingers.

I think it'll be closer to a 4-2-3-1 this season. The two midfielders sitting a little deeper and taking turns to go forward with an attacking player sitting in just behind the centre forward. 

If the Brighton friendly was anything to go by the front 4 are going to be moving around a lot and not just sticking to one position. Ziyech was cutting in from the right to the centre, Werner drifting out to the wide left a lot, CHO cutting in from left to centre. 

I'm not sure the system will call for traditional wingers in truth. 

We've got CHO, Pulisic, Ziyech, Mount, Werner, RLC (likely Havertz) all capable of playing anywhere across the attacking midfield/wing positions, plenty of options to choose from already. 

Timo, Silva, and now Kai.

I got to give Frank credits here. All these players see something in him and his vision, for them to want to come and play for Frank.

I questioned Frank's tactics and XO's in the past, but I think Frank is one of the major reasons these players want to come to Chelsea when they had many different clubs available to them.

Can't wait for the season to kick off.