Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

18 hours ago, charierre said:

The beauty of Sarri's brand of football, whilst watching it I could very easily nip to the loo then put a brew on and still not  have missed a great deal. We wouldn't have sacked him after achieving his goal but if the brand of football hadn't improved this season, he would have been shown the door.

This season if you nipped to the loo you might well leave with us 1 up and come back and see us losing!

4 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I might be missing something, but Wigan were hardly pulling up trees last season, defensively or otherwise, even before their points deduction ...

On par then with the suggestions to bring in JT as defensive coach, despite Villa narrowly avoiding the drop.

We didn't have a defensive coach on staff last season, did we? Bringing in a coach focusing on the defense would be a step forwards.

On par then with the suggestions to bring in JT as defensive coach, despite Villa narrowly avoiding the drop.
We didn't have a defensive coach on staff last season, did we? Bringing in a coach focusing on the defense would be a step forwards.

Well at least he's focusing on the defense even if he's sh*t he's an upgrade on anything we have now

21 hours ago, dkw said:

Apparently were adding Anthony Barry to our coaching staff from Wigan. He's highly rated defensive coach, had a big impact on wigans set piece defending.

Brilliant.

Defensive coach, the leadership of Thiago Silva and a competent left back... We should see immediate improvements on defending.

Now it’s just the goalkeeper... Will Kepa improves with a better defence? I don’t think he will but if Lampard thinks so, I’ll give him the benefit of doubt.

He was earning his badges with Frank. I think that is the most important part. They know each other.

Again he could have some insight on how to organize set piece defending but other than that defending in open play as a team is about approach and quality of individual players.

Anyway I am glad we are addressing that problem.

With last season now behind us Frank has to be focused on the coming season. The changes in the playing staff are going to be substantial if all the rumours come to fruition. With Willian and Pedro out, Ziyech and Werner in and many more rumoured introductions Frank has two immediate problems.

He still doesn't know his full squad and he then has to integrate them into a team system.

As a coach he hasn't had a closed season at one club. He started with one year at Derby and last season he started at Chelsea. On top of this the closed season is much shorter this year and he seems to be getting more changes of staff than a badly run MacDonalds. To welcome the new players and integrate them into the squad and team inside a short period of time will test Frank to the limit. He's had Werner with the squad for some time but Ziyech has only recently arrived with the others not yet showing for a kick off in just over two weeks. 

Jose was the coach last time we had this many new signings and Frank was in that team. Lets hope he learn't from that experience.

COYB!

1 hour ago, Deino said:

Can't believe people are still going on about Roman splashing his own cash into the transfers for this window when we have 2 transfer budget still untouched + the sales of Morata and Hazard 

Especially when you've got City who always bypass "investigations" for FFP and have the worst netspend by quite a distance in the League. 

3 hours ago, Deino said:

Can't believe people are still going on about Roman splashing his own cash into the transfers for this window when we have 2 transfer budget still untouched + the sales of Morata and Hazard 

Most of my mates are united fans. They are just envious we have a club that is getting things done. 

Real football fans don't moan about other owners splashing cash. They moan about their own owner when they don't!