Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Brutos said:

When Pulisic and Ziyech is fit and if mount keeps starting then he has Frank's Nudes or had cuckold with Frank only explaination. Mount wouldn't get into the top 6 team but he walks into ours. He's good player to have in your squad but not in your first 11 if you want to win the league and silverware

I think we're both in teh minority in this one. I'm really not sure what so many people see on here when it comes to Mount. 

Quality player, but he shouldn't be a starter in this team imo. 

19 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Fine?? I thought he was woeful personally. Besides that one turn in to play Havertz in (which was a terrible pass from him) I can't remember anything positive he added to the game. He didn't cope with pressure well, lost the ball often, and he didn't help Alonso out well either. Alonso deserves a lot of stick but some of the defending from Mount against Lamptey was embarrassing, Alonso can't take the full blame on that. 

CHO is a fine talent and has provided us with a lot of energy, flair and creativity in the past, he's hit some stop signs with injuries that have hindered his journey here. But I don't see why Mount should be playing over him on the wing, it is truly baffling me from a fans/spectator perspective. 

I wouldn't describe him as woeful, there were other players on the pitch that were woeful, Mount was just okay. Which in a game like this, I am fine with. 

CHO might be a fine talent. But you haven't seen him play in weeks whilst Lampard has seen him play enough recently to decide he wasn't worth risking in the team. Potentially he felt that Alonso would be more exposed. I trust Lampard to make that decision because I can't judge the players yet. 

7 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I think we're both in teh minority in this one. I'm really not sure what so many people see on here when it comes to Mount. 

Quality player, but he shouldn't be a starter in this team imo. 

I think he played incredibly well and provided ample support to Alonso who was getting absolutely humiliated at Left Back, I don't think Alonso would've got the same level of support from Pulisic and I dread what would've been the result. With Mount tracking Lamptey I think he only got in behind once when he attempted to erase the future generations of Zouma, Mount is an incredible squad player as even when he is not great you get his energy however unfortunately with RLC & CHO if they are having a bad game it really impacts the team.

Having said that I really don't like Lampard playing him as a left winger, he just doesnt have the pace and isnt skilled enough to have a massive impact in the final third. 

43 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

I think he played incredibly well and provided ample support to Alonso who was getting absolutely humiliated at Left Back, I don't think Alonso would've got the same level of support from Pulisic and I dread what would've been the result. With Mount tracking Lamptey I think he only got in behind once when he attempted to erase the future generations of Zouma, Mount is an incredible squad player as even when he is not great you get his energy however unfortunately with RLC & CHO if they are having a bad game it really impacts the team.

Having said that I really don't like Lampard playing him as a left winger, he just doesnt have the pace and isnt skilled enough to have a massive impact in the final third. 

Long term he won’t be doing Mount any favours if he continues playing him as a winger. At 21/22 he needs to be played in his ideal position to iron out his game. For me ideally he needs to be played as one of the 2 sitting deepest in midfield, but if Lamps keeps shuttling him from LW/RW/10 his overall game will never develop. He is becoming a jack of all trades based on his work rate and hardly mastering any role. Reminds me of when Mourinho described Ferreira as a player who will always give you a “7” performance wherever you play him in the back line.

Mount would need to come out and publicly state what his preferred role is like Rashford did to force Lamps hands, but I do wonder if he is just happy to be playing. 

15 minutes ago, ducavis said:

Long term he won’t be doing Mount any favours if he continues playing him as a winger. At 21/22 he needs to be played in his ideal position to iron out his game. For me ideally he needs to be played as one of the 2 sitting deepest in midfield, but if Lamps keeps shuttling him from LW/RW/10 his overall game will never develop. He is becoming a jack of all trades based on his work rate and hardly mastering any role. Reminds me of when Mourinho described Ferreira as a player who will always give you a “7” performance wherever you play him in the back line.

Mount would need to come out and publicly state what his preferred role is like Rashford did to force Lamps hands, but I do wonder if he is just happy to be playing. 

I don't think Mount is a DM but I agree with you that he is no winger. The problem for me yesterday is that Lampard played RLC, who turned out to offer nothing, and therefore he moved Mount because he is used as the wildcard of the team. I think it would have been better to play CHO in the wing and Mount in the midfield, but then again we can't be sure that CHO would have performed much better than RLC. I'm not sure what is it with these two, but they certainly haven't recovered their game after the injury.

2 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I thought he provided Alonso with minimal support the whole game. And when Lamptey just darted through the middle of them, Mount's defending was piss poor, he should've cut them off, Alonso was already covering the outside, all Mount had to do was run in. Alonso as bad as he was, is an easy scapegoat, but he can't take all the blame in that, Chilwell would've struggled just as much with that defensive contribution. 

2 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

That was a good battle with Mount and Alonso trying to stop Lamptey.

Felt Lamptey should have had an assist from a great whipped in cross yet Maupay mis-controlled.

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

I thought he provided Alonso with minimal support the whole game. And when Lamptey just darted through the middle of them, Mount's defending was piss poor, he should've cut them off, Alonso was already covering the outside, all Mount had to do was run in. Alonso as bad as he was, is an easy scapegoat, but he can't take all the blame in that, Chilwell would've struggled just as much with that defensive contribution. 

Mount did help in one instance but otherwise Alonso was pretty much solo exposed throughout the game. Chilwell would have done better though but Alonso got most of the help from Jorginho that came very deep and tried to clear or recover the ball.

2 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Mount did help in one instance but otherwise Alonso was pretty much solo exposed throughout the game. Chilwell would have done better though but Alonso got most of the help from Jorginho that came very deep and tried to clear or recover the ball.

His forward pressing was good mind, he did take the ball off Lamptey twice, that's something he always brings to the table which is what Lampard wants. 

40 minutes ago, Slojo said:

His forward pressing was good mind, he did take the ball off Lamptey twice, that's something he always brings to the table which is what Lampard wants. 

This is Lamptey right not prime Messi. Sorry but if Lamps is setting up his team and playing Mount on the wings to support Alonso in order to negate Lamptey, we are in for a very long season. Watching the game I actually felt the space behind Lamptey should have been exploited but had very little coming off that side.

3 minutes ago, ducavis said:

This is Lamptey right not prime Messi. Sorry but if Lamps is setting up his team and playing Mount on the wings to support Alonso in order to negate Lamptey, we are in for a very long season. Watching the game I actually felt the space behind Lamptey should have been exploited but had very little coming off that side.

It has little to do with Mount, it's mostly about Alonso lacking the pace and defensive cover when we play with the back 4 and not back 3...

4 minutes ago, ducavis said:

TBF that is something that Chilwel, can help with Alonso has always wanted a bit of time on the ball, he rarely plays a first time over the top pass 

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

It has little to do with Mount, it's mostly about Alonso lacking the pace and defensive cover when we play with the back 4 and not back 3...

But isn’t that what the 2 sitting midfielders are there for? Aren’t they meant to slot in when the fullback gets caught upfield? That should be Jorginho’ role, you shouldn’t have to play a CM out of position to cover for a fullback’s lack of pace. 

About defence. Not sure if the new coach has has had any impact but we were pretty compact. We were pretty happy to give the ball to Brighton. The only chance they had was Dunk's header. Their goal wasn't a chance against any (other) keeper in the league. It would have been a shot from distance. 

Anyway we should have kept a clean sheet. Not sure if the new coach gives his opinion about the formation but we went with defensive lineup where you can give Kante the double pivot role and we have 6 guys behind the ball at all times. Lot of players in the middle. 

Last season Frank would have probably gone 3 at back to match their system. Not sure. Just thinking about his decision. 

6 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

We wouldn't be attacked so many times down the left if Pulisic was playing. Lamptey would have been too busy defending and looking over his shoulders

I think too many folks on the forum are prone to over reacting.. calm down.. it was clear players aren’t match fit from the over hit passes.. lethargic pressing abc generally lack of sharpness.. but it was no different then what I saw from so many other teams this weekend.. this was nothing more than a preseason friendly but with points at stake.. be glad we won and things can only improve from here..

1 hour ago, ducavis said:

But isn’t that what the 2 sitting midfielders are there for? Aren’t they meant to slot in when the fullback gets caught upfield? That should be Jorginho’ role, you shouldn’t have to play a CM out of position to cover for a fullback’s lack of pace. 

Jorginho did go all the way to the baseline a few times in order to clear the ball, when Lamptey nutmegged Alonso it was Jorginho that did a sliding tackle.

There is no excuse for Alonso to get so much destroyed by a 19 year old.

Mount was going back as well and put pressure of Lamptey but it's clearly Alonso that is the weak link.

4 hours ago, Jangz said:

I think too many folks on the forum are prone to over reacting.. calm down.. it was clear players aren’t match fit from the over hit passes.. lethargic pressing abc generally lack of sharpness.. but it was no different then what I saw from so many other teams this weekend.. this was nothing more than a preseason friendly but with points at stake.. be glad we won and things can only improve from here..

People do overreact that's true. But we can't be using match fitness as an excuse, every other team is in the same boat. 

The problem is not that Kai was out of position, the problem is that he was out of position because of the players like Cheek and Barkley(and you know that I love Ross). If it wasn't for these two it would have been for Mount. With young super expensive emerging start, coming in a new league with high expectations and pressure, you should be smarter. Put him on his best position, release him from defensive duties, give him the free kicks and the corners to bang an assist. And what did Frank do? He sent him at the most demanding role with the least chance to shine. 

Few more games like that from Havertz and not only the German will feel the pressure. The media is just waiting. Bad move by Lampard. 

Edited by Droopy