Mason Mount

Argo
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

29 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Makes you think...

That’s just the Twitter twats. A minority of Chelsea supporters if you even want to call them that.

Mount received a lot of support from the fans at the bridge. I’m disappointed he decided to throw it back in our faces.

I can’t get my head around it, at the club since 6 years old and he still wanted out. Strange.

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

That’s just the Twitter twats. A minority of Chelsea supporters if you even want to call them that.

Mount received a lot of support from the fans at the bridge. I’m disappointed he decided to throw it back in our faces.

I can’t get my head around it, at the club since 6 years old and he still wanted out. Strange.

You think this minority isn't the most vocal part of the fan base? 90 minutes on a Saturday being cheered to get home to 10,000 minutes of abuse for the rest of the week. 

Mount might be one of the first but he won't be the last with the new age consumer thinking they have a god given right to abuse players 24/7 online. Even our own manager at the time was asking it to be looked into. Call someone sh*t in private or at home all you like, but this contant abuse on official club channels and players personal social media accounts is beyond bizarre and detrimental to the club. 

Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't a contributing factor in Christensen not renewing, he used to get no end of abuse from fans too online.

10 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Mase telling people he was not in our plans. A bit disingenuous given the new manager had not even started by the time his mind was made up.

Lets be honest, Nkunku was signed to start and is a better 10 than Mount. Then again Mount's too good to not start. Realistically it most likely was a football decision.

21 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

Ugh ... red really doesn't suit him LOL 🙂 

image.png.be312eded48f2ad5db7333075a2b2d33.png

The twitter united fanbase are after him already for the number 7 shirt.

He jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire!!!!

Hes going to get way more twitter abuse than he ever got from our fans due to what that number 7 means!!! 

He had the advantage of being an academy lad so the fans would always have his back now that protection isn’t there anymore.

'Several months ago, it became clear I wasn't in Chelsea's plans going forward and once I knew United were involved my decision was made up,' he told MUTV.  'Massive club, huge iconic players that have played here and I wanted to be part of that from the beginning. Getting here early ready for pre-season to start was a main objective of mine as well.' 'It's a huge club but it's also so close with everyone involved. It's such a family and I can feel that straight away,' he added.

'So many iconic players have played for this club and watching them as a youngster and also being a fan of them, it is very special to be here. This is what I've worked a long, long time for and it is so exciting,' he said. 'I had a lot of idols. Ronaldo, you see the little video of me when I was younger. I loved watching him play. Becks [David Beckham] was also a massive inspiration of mine, I was in awe of his free-kick technique. You take bits of inspiration from different players.'

🐍

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

You think this minority isn't the most vocal part of the fan base? 90 minutes on a Saturday being cheered to get home to 10,000 minutes of abuse for the rest of the week. 

Judging by what he gets on England duty that won't change at United and if he doesn't perform he may end up getting stick with the crowd the alongside it (which he was never in the remotest danger of getting here).

An all be it loud (and extreme) minority doesn't change the fact that only Mourinho has got such unconditional and unwarevering support through a massive slump the same way he has when it comes to the vast majority.

I'm surprised United were so keen for him, I'm not sure where he fits in their system? They've got a shedload of attacking players, I doubt he's going to play over Bruno Fernandez either. All I can think is that the's going to replace Eriksen if Eriksen is on his way out, but they are two different players and Eriksen can play much better when played deep. I've never really been convinced on Mount playing from deep. 

31 minutes ago, mojo said:

'Several months ago, it became clear I wasn't in Chelsea's plans going forward and once I knew United were involved my decision was made up,' he told MUTV.  'Massive club, huge iconic players that have played here and I wanted to be part of that from the beginning. Getting here early ready for pre-season to start was a main objective of mine as well.' 'It's a huge club but it's also so close with everyone involved. It's such a family and I can feel that straight away,' he added.

'So many iconic players have played for this club and watching them as a youngster and also being a fan of them, it is very special to be here. This is what I've worked a long, long time for and it is so exciting,' he said. 'I had a lot of idols. Ronaldo, you see the little video of me when I was younger. I loved watching him play. Becks [David Beckham] was also a massive inspiration of mine, I was in awe of his free-kick technique. You take bits of inspiration from different players.'

🐍

🤣🤣 Bullsh*t, you start when fit, and Pochettino wasn’t even hired yet.

I hear his dad is a united fan, does anyone know if that’s true? 

3 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

I'm surprised United were so keen for him, I'm not sure where he fits in their system?

it’s all about pretty face, hard working English boy who had a dream. it’s more of a marketing strategy than football masterclass. after that Greenwood f**k-up they needed new Beckham posterboy and no 7 is a calculated move.

don’t forget the rumors back in the winter Mason was upset with his image rights in the new contract

Mount is the equivalent of Bruno Fernandes in terms of recognition from opposition fans and frankly I can't find a better comparison. Both hyped up by their own fans, whereas opposition fans don't rate them at all.

Bruno Fernandes is even worse in terms of getting hyped up by the United fans as he is nowhere near the player they paint him to be and I bet if you ask the City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal fans, I bet 90% of them would tell you they'd want him as far away as possible from their teams. Definitely one of the most overrated midfielders in Europe.

I read on United forum that they want Mount to replace Eriksen and expect him to have the same impact in terms of passing, vision etc. Well good luck with that then, if you compare Mount with Eriksen then you are in for a big surprise. The Eriksen of Spurs was a really good player, full of creativity and great passing ability. Mount is not even close to that. He is good against the press and will do the job in midfield, but he is no way a creative midfielder and the comparisions with Eriksen are way off IMHO.

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Lets be honest, Nkunku was signed to start and is a better 10 than Mount. Then again Mount's too good to not start. Realistically it most likely was a football decision.

The Mount of last season doesn't start in this team atm.

He was terrible before the world cup, I put that down to managing his body for the world cup. After the world cup, it continued. When he played his aggression turned from passion to chase down the ball to becoming niggly and looking like he was pained to even be there. No doubt the Mount Simps will be out in force to say BS, watch him at Manure then.

1 hour ago, El regreso said:

The twitter united fanbase are after him already for the number 7 shirt.

He jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire!!!!

Hes going to get way more twitter abuse than he ever got from our fans due to what that number 7 means!!! 

He had the advantage of being an academy lad so the fans would always have his back now that protection isn’t there anymore.

Protection lmao being an academy lad is what got him most of the abuse here. 

51 minutes ago, Argo said:

Judging by what he gets on England duty that won't change at United and if he doesn't perform he may end up getting stick with the crowd the alongside it (which he was never in the remotest danger of getting here).

An all be it loud (and extreme) minority doesn't change the fact that only Mourinho has got such unconditional and unwarevering support through a massive slump the same way he has when it comes to the vast majority.

Frsh start. He know what he was always getting here from fans that had already made their minds up on him regardless of how he plays. If he performs how he can at Utd their fans would love him. 

Like you say, if he doesn't perform he'll get abuse though. At least he has a chance there.

9 minutes ago, smileysmiles said:

The Mount of last season doesn't start in this team atm.

He was terrible before the world cup, I put that down to managing his body for the world cup. After the world cup, it continued. When he played his aggression turned from passion to chase down the ball to becoming niggly and looking like he was pained to even be there. No doubt the Mount Simps will be out in force to say BS, watch him at Manure then.

So you agree with me then? Doesn't start over Nkunku and is too good to sit on the bench, hence why he's made the move to Utd. Don't know why everyone is so upset and calling him a snake when this is what the majority calling him a snake wanted in the first place.

8 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Protection lmao being an academy lad is what got him most of the abuse here. 

Frsh start. He know what he was always getting here from fans that had already made their minds up on him regardless of how he plays. If he performs how he can at Utd their fans would love him. 

Like you say, if he doesn't perform he'll get abuse though. At least he has a chance there.

But like i said, that's an extreme minority. The majority have gone the other way and would support him unconditionally no matter how he plays like they did with Mourinho.

14 minutes ago, Argo said:

But like i said, that's an extreme minority. The majority have gone the other way and would support him unconditionally no matter how he plays like they did with Mourinho.

The minority are the most vocal. 90 minutes of adoration doesn't drown out 10,000 minutes of abuse for the rest of the week. 

Not really how many different ways you want me to word it tbh.

He gets a fresh start to prove himself at Utd, something he'd never get at Chelsea with fans minds already made up. 

36 minutes ago, petre ispirescu said:

Mount is the equivalent of Bruno Fernandes in terms of recognition from opposition fans and frankly I can't find a better comparison. Both hyped up by their own fans, whereas opposition fans don't rate them at all.

Bruno Fernandes is even worse in terms of getting hyped up by the United fans as he is nowhere near the player they paint him to be and I bet if you ask the City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal fans, I bet 90% of them would tell you they'd want him as far away as possible from their teams. Definitely one of the most overrated midfielders in Europe.

I read on United forum that they want Mount to replace Eriksen and expect him to have the same impact in terms of passing, vision etc. Well good luck with that then, if you compare Mount with Eriksen then you are in for a big surprise. The Eriksen of Spurs was a really good player, full of creativity and great passing ability. Mount is not even close to that. He is good against the press and will do the job in midfield, but he is no way a creative midfielder and the comparisions with Eriksen are way off IMHO.

That's just it, I think Bruno is massively overrated also but he's still a good player. He's just not on Lampard/Gerrard levels that United fans hype him up to. Still, I can't see Mount getting in over him... And Mount definitely doesn't have the creativity that Eriksen has. 

Same with Arsenal and Havertz, he looks like a Xhaka replacement but Havertz can't play deep like Xhaka can. Even if you do have someone like Declan Rice next to him.