Chelsea v Arsenal (PL) Tue 21st Jan 20:15 GMT

The theory is that we just flipped our form into winning only home games and home games only from now on. Sell everyone and play the youth and win or otherwise sell even more and play even more youth till it's working!

Drop Kepa. Yes Willy is sh*t but enough is enough. If you're not performing you should be out of the side. Kepa is having a wretched season.

Christensen should be dropped. No doubt about it. He's just not good enough and never will be. He has zero personality. He never imposes himself on a game. He always tries to just get through it. We need personality and leadership. I would go with Zouma. He's the best of a bad bunch, only because he can compete in the air, and we are pathetically vulnerable at set pieces and crosses in general.

Our midfield three should consist of Barkley, Kovacic and One Other.

Tammy, Willian and Callum up front.

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

Anjorin, why not:laugh2:

That's the spirit Val

11 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

Drop Kepa. Yes Willy is sh*t but enough is enough. If you're not performing you should be out of the side. Kepa is having a wretched season.

Christensen should be dropped. No doubt about it. He's just not good enough and never will be. He has zero personality. He never imposes himself on a game. He always tries to just get through it. We need personality and leadership. I would go with Zouma. He's the best of a bad bunch, only because he can compete in the air, and we are pathetically vulnerable at set pieces and crosses in general.

Our midfield three should consist of Barkley, Kovacic and One Other.

Tammy, Willian and Callum up front.

For me Tomori is best of the "bad bunch", with Rudiger the worst as the other 3 can, at least half the time, play a simple pass.

25 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

For me Tomori is best of the "bad bunch", with Rudiger the worst as the other 3 can, at least half the time, play a simple pass.

For me it's all about our inability to deal with crosses. Yes Kepa has a lot to answer for there but I'd go for the two who are best in the air. Other teams now know all you have to do is lob it into our box.

32 minutes ago, Davey Baby said:

For me it's all about our inability to deal with crosses. Yes Kepa has a lot to answer for there but I'd go for the two who are best in the air. Other teams now know all you have to do is lob it into our box.

That is fair Davey. I don't see any of the 4 being good enough in the air to help with that as all 4 of them have been suspect during this season.

I believe the problem in defending balls lobbed in to our box is a team thing rather than just the defenders though. When you look at us at our best defending those we had Drogba, Ballack, Essien and JT who were dominate in the air plus Lamps being brilliant at defending the near post and other like Ricky or Cahill contributing too.

Now we have Tammy, who is really poor in the air, not one of our midfielders offer anything in the air. Maybe RLC but he is not about. So no Drogba, no Ballack, No Essien. Leaving it all on the defenders who are not fit to shine JTs shoes. Not even half as good as Cahill nor Ricky.

Is too much for poor players to deal with when their team mates are even worse at defending (not to mention attacking) set plays than they are.

10 chelsea corners no chances created. 1 Newcastle corner leads to a goal...yup.

Last game against them we started with 1 formation and then changed it and won the game. I still don't know what formation is our best one, I thought it was 4231 but it could be 433.

Kepa

Lamptey Tomori Rudiger Azpilicueta

Kante  Jorginho Barkley

CHO Abraham Willian

Subs if we are leading: Barkley/Kovacic CHO/Mount
Subs if we are losing: Barkley/Mount Jorginho/Kovacic

With James injured, someone really needs to step up. We look like we have 0 depth in the squad right now. No real striker to replace Tammy, no winger to replace Willian, no left back.

Edited by Gol15
14 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Last game against them we started with 1 formation and then changed it and won the game. I still don't know what formation is our best one, I thought it was 4231 but it could be 433.

Kepa

Lamptey Tomori Rudiger Azpilicueta

Kante  Jorginho Barkley

CHO Abraham Willian

Subs if we are leading: Barkley/Kovacic CHO/Mount
Subs if we are losing: Barkley/Mount Jorginho/Kovacic

With James injured, someone really needs to step up. We look like we have 0 depth in the squad right now. No real striker to replace Tammy, no winger to replace Willian, no left back.

Arsenal don't have Aubameyang available and we have Lamptey who looks a decent right back prospect.

Agree the midfield will likely be tinkered with.

I would prefer Jorgy, Kovacic and Mount with Barkley the expected sub if we struggle.

Thankfully Alonso is fit. We should sell Emerson this month if the opportunity presents itself. I know James injury isn't as bad as feared but we should protect him so we don't have a Rashford situation..

Kepa

Azpi.   Zouma    Tomori.  Alonso

Kovacic.    Jorginho

Willian       Barkley.        Mount

Abraham 

27 minutes ago, forbzy said:

If James and Alonso are fit maybe consider playing 5 at the back with James/Alonso as wing backs?

Not for me. If we are to ever play a back three again it has to be with Reece RCB and Lamptey at wingback.

6 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Arsenal don't have Aubameyang available and we have Lamptey who looks a decent right back prospect.

Agree the midfield will likely be tinkered with.

I would prefer Jorgy, Kovacic and Mount with Barkley the expected sub if we struggle.

It seems that Alonso and James are not injured? IMO Barkley is in good form and from the recent few games he deserves a start over Mount that has played a lot, I wouldn't drop Kante, we won 3:0 and had 70% possession without Kovacic.

3 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

Thankfully Alonso is fit. We should sell Emerson this month if the opportunity presents itself. I know James injury isn't as bad as feared but we should protect him so we don't have a Rashford situation..

Kepa

Azpi.   Zouma    Tomori.  Alonso

Kovacic.    Jorginho

Willian       Barkley.        Mount

Abraham 

That might work also.