Players to sell (evergreen "deadwood" thread)

mad_mac

3 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

What was such an elite athlete doing in Burger King? 

I can understand Blackman being there but why were you there

I was actually just using the bog - Wimbledon BK was quite literally the rats :laugh2:

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if the club would be better served simply accepting certain players are really poor signings and accept getting them off the wage bill for a small fee is better than clubs not paying a larger one and us loaning them out and keeping extending them.

For example we could do a double deal with Milan. They want Giroud one a free. Grant them that on the provision they sign Baka not loan him for say 6 to 7mill. 

We should be able to swing that and get his wages off the books.

Then there is Batman. Leeds were interested but we asked for a reported 15mill. Just drop that to 8mill or so. Again get him off the books.

Baba Rahman surely has no future here, let him go for 1 or 2mill.

Emerson should be the one we get most value back on. Still a loss but if Napoli offer 12mill or more we should take it.

Unfortunately we are stuck with Drinkwater till his deal runs out. We wont even be able to give him away.

39 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

I wonder if the club would be better served simply accepting certain players are really poor signings and accept getting them off the wage bill for a small fee is better than clubs not paying a larger one and us loaning them out and keeping extending them.

For example we could do a double deal with Milan. They want Giroud one a free. Grant them that on the provision they sign Baka not loan him for say 6 to 7mill. 

We should be able to swing that and get his wages off the books.

Then there is Batman. Leeds were interested but we asked for a reported 15mill. Just drop that to 8mill or so. Again get him off the books.

Baba Rahman surely has no future here, let him go for 1 or 2mill.

Emerson should be the one we get most value back on. Still a loss but if Napoli offer 12mill or more we should take it.

Unfortunately we are stuck with Drinkwater till his deal runs out. We wont even be able to give him away.

👏.. still can’t wrap my head around taking up the extra year option on your Giroud or Bakayoko, especially when clubs are cash strapped because of the global pandemic. 

19 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

When on earth does Drinkwater contract run out? Feels like he’s been here forever.

that period- barkley/DD/Baka/zapa/emerson .. so many average players.. 

I'll be interested to see what Tuchel does with RLC, Barkley and Baka.

Tuchel has previously stated he like RLC and compares him to Ballack and i think wanted to sign Baka at PSG, so maybe he will check them out preseason and decide upon them.

So realistically i think we will see the following leave

Miazga 

Kenedy

Musonda Jr (Maybe used a backup but likely to leave)

Alonso

Emerson

Barkley

Lewis Baker

Baba Rahman

Zappacosta

Drinkwater

Batshuayi 

Lots of quick cash there to flush the budget if needed. 

2 hours ago, Fruity66 said:

Lots of quick cash there to flush the budget if needed. 

Not sure I agree with that ... most of those have had a succession of poor loans and we've never had a concrete offer for any of them in all the years we've been trying to ship them out, let alone in a covid year ...

19 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Not sure I agree with that ... most of those have had a succession of poor loans and we've never had a concrete offer for any of them in all the years we've been trying to ship them out, let alone in a covid year ...

This is true.

Top three and bottom five in that list are essentially worthless. Perhaps we can get a littlebit for the three in the middle but that's it.

It will be interesting to see if we get offers for either Barkley or Kenedy as they have been playing a fair bit for their respective teams. 

I personally think if the teams we loan them too show no interest in buying we increase the loan arrangement by say 10%.

Not sure if this would work just get the feeling clubs get too comfortable knowing they can lease our players at a reasonable rate and not make a capital outlay. 

Did the proposed new loan rules (for a maximum # of international loans) ever get officially approved by FIFA ?

It was proposed at 8 for this season, and 6 for the season after ... and would affect us probably more than any other club ... we'd probably get round it by focusing on domestic loans rather than overseas I guess ...

Miazga - 2-3mill

Kenedy - 5mill

Musonda Jr (Maybe used a backup but likely to leave) - Free

Alonso - wont be leaving

Emerson - 6mill

Barkley - 10mill

Lewis Baker - free

Baba Rahman - 2mill

Zappacosta -6mill

Drinkwater - we would have to pay someone to take

Batshuayi - 7mill

Those are being generous in a dead market. 39mill to flush that lot out is not bad really. We just have to admit we made big mistakes with most of them.

37 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Miazga - 2-3mill

Kenedy - 5mill

Musonda Jr (Maybe used a backup but likely to leave) - Free

Alonso - wont be leaving

Emerson - 6mill

Barkley - 10mill

Lewis Baker - free

Baba Rahman - 2mill

Zappacosta -6mill

Drinkwater - we would have to pay someone to take

Batshuayi - 7mill

Those are being generous in a dead market. 39mill to flush that lot out is not bad really. We just have to admit we made big mistakes with most of them.

Those are some really bad deals. 

8 minutes ago, Night-T said:

Those are some really bad deals. 

Yeah a lot of losses on transfer deals but what can we expect when players like Emerson, Batman and Baka plus others have 1 year left on their contracts and would all be free next year?

13 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Yeah a lot of losses on transfer deals but what can we expect when players like Emerson, Batman and Baka plus others have 1 year left on their contracts and would all be free next year?

Can't speak for all of them as I don't know all the end dates of their contract, but eg. Miazga has been on of the best defenders last year in Belgium. 

If they really would sell him for 2-3 mil pretty much all top 5 teams would instantly jump on him. 

They will sell him at a higher price even if it would be his last year contract. 

The biggest problem I reckon will be the wage. How many of those player actually want to leave, cashing much less? 

Pretty sure that a player like drinkwater would much rather keep the wage he's getting (maybe getting loaned out).

Then cutting it in half and playing for a mediocre team. 

Speaks volumes that a big talent like Gilmour was snapped up for a season long loan well before any of the extensive list of fringe players we have who are clearly available. 

The club has their work cut out for them finding solutions for so many players this summer and I suspect that once again we'll be seeing a lot more players leaving on loan than being sold. 

Zappacosta, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Michy B, Barkley being the most obvious that a surplus to requirements but their wages mean it's likely they'll be out on loan yet again. Crazy to think that they cost us something like £120m in transfer fees between them. 

Decisions will need to be made about one of Emerson or Alonso leaving. Then whether we keep Kepa as back up for another year or try and find him a loan deal. RLC, will he fill the gap left by Gilmour or is he now considered surplus too? 

And that's before you start getting into the likes of Zouma, CHO, Ziyech, Giroud and Abraham whose first team futures have a question mark over them. 

I mean I am pretty sure we all know Drinkwater will stay here enjoying his big contract, taking the odd loan, and will leave for free when his deal is done in what? 2 years.

Given the market is dead we would be best served to get what we can and no renew deals. Take the same approach we will have to with Drinkwater.

For example we have Baka and Michy. If we can get 5mill or so for them, take it. If not jsut let them leave on a free and cut them off the wage bill next season.

We also would be well served to get Barkley and RLC off the wage bill, am sure some English sides would pick them up on the cheap.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

I mean I am pretty sure we all know Drinkwater will stay here enjoying his big contract, taking the odd loan, and will leave for free when his deal is done in what? 2 years.

Given the market is dead we would be best served to get what we can and no renew deals. Take the same approach we will have to with Drinkwater.

For example we have Baka and Michy. If we can get 5mill or so for them, take it. If not jsut let them leave on a free and cut them off the wage bill next season.

We also would be well served to get Barkley and RLC off the wage bill, am sure some English sides would pick them up on the cheap.

Not Barkley, good off the bench and can score or create an assist.

Otherwise fair points. 

Napoli coach has all but confirmed they want him. So all down to price. Talk is that both he and Miazga have options to extend by a year to take them to 2 years and increase our power to get a better price. Only works if we can find a willing buyer for the later of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly not deadwood however 3 youth players may join Marc and big Fik in leaving as they are stalling on new contracts with 1 year left each.

Tino livramento, Lewis Bate and Myles Peart-Harris.

Also Dynel Simeu has ran down his contract and is set to sign with another PL team.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2021/7/17/22580858/more-chelsea-academy-stars-could-follow-marc-guehi-in-leaving-the-club-for-good-reports