Jump to content

Players to sell (evergreen "deadwood" thread)


mad_mac
 Share

Recommended Posts


Have a feeling we will splash the cash and bring in Oblak, and expect we will come to deals and let Emerson and Bakayoko move on and also sell Kepa (big loss).

I also think we will strengthen either LB or CB, if LB possibly Ben White.

In December once new window opens think we will be looking to offload Jorgy and Rudiger and bring in replacements.

I've looked at both Oblak and Onana on youtube and prefer Oblak look's more like an allrounder and hence much more expensive.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/08/2020 at 17:01, Strider6003 said:

Have a feeling we will splash the cash and bring in Oblak, and expect we will come to deals and let Emerson and Bakayoko move on and also sell Kepa (big loss).

I also think we will strengthen either LB or CB, if LB possibly Ben White.

In December once new window opens think we will be looking to offload Jorgy and Rudiger and bring in replacements.

I've looked at both Oblak and Onana on youtube and prefer Oblak look's more like an allrounder and hence much more expensive.

 

 

Oblak is definitely the better keeper, but the price is pretty crazy.. The 120m we spend on Oblak we can instead buy Upamecano for 50, Gimenez for 60 and Tagliafico for 25

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Oblak is definitely the better keeper, but the price is pretty crazy.. The 120m we spend on Oblak we can instead buy Upamecano for 50, Gimenez for 60 and Tagliafico for 25

Agree the price is sobering.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Football clubs are too damn rich and powerful. We bought Ashley for 17 millions and we sold one of the most forgettable players in the history of football after 3 years spent on the bench for 23 and we are about to buy Chilwell for 80?  This is insane. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Football clubs are too damn rich and powerful. We bought Ashley for 17 millions and we sold one of the most forgettable players in the history of football after 3 years spent on the bench for 23 and we are about to buy Chilwell for 80?  This is insane. 

And this is without fans going through the turnstiles, and no time soon, all this money coming from tv money, thanks Sky for ruining the game we all fell in love with, us match going fans are irrelevant now, football has become a game for the armchair masses, nothing wrong with armchair fans, but Sky is laughing as all they want are more and more tv fans.

As for Chilwell, surely no more than 40 mill

Link to comment
Share on other sites


21 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Football clubs are too damn rich and powerful. We bought Ashley for 17 millions and we sold one of the most forgettable players in the history of football after 3 years spent on the bench for 23 and we are about to buy Chilwell for 80?  This is insane. 

Ash was £5mil + Gallas wasn’t he? I know it was something ridiculously low. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, big blue said:

Depends how much you rate Gallas. 

At the time, many thought Arsenal were getting the better deal.

I was utterly pissed off at the time, as I thought so highly of Gallas. Needless to say, I soon saw the reality (although I am convinced we could have won a 3rd title in a row if he'd stayed one more year).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Backbiter said:

I was utterly pissed off at the time, as I thought so highly of Gallas. Needless to say, I soon saw the reality (although I am convinced we could have won a 3rd title in a row if he'd stayed one more year).

Gallas for cole left us short at centre back that season, and we actually played essien and ferreira away at anfield because of injury. So i agree, Gallas probably wouldve seen us win a 3rd straight title, however Cole was definitely the better player in the following years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

I was utterly pissed off at the time, as I thought so highly of Gallas. Needless to say, I soon saw the reality (although I am convinced we could have won a 3rd title in a row if he'd stayed one more year).

Ashley Cole was class and was a great signing but Gallas still remains one of my all-time favourite Chelsea defenders. Can barely remember him having a bad game, whether he played CB or LB. So quick - he and JT complemented each other so well and he scored a fair number of crucial goals, including THAT strike against Spurs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 2 weeks later...

Looking like it is going to be very difficult to shift our dead wood, based on the lack of stories or media coverage for anyone other than Emerson and Bakayoko ...

Hopefully this is just a sign that we are more focused on acquisitions at this point, and when those are done, then the late summer sales can really get going ...

I imagine we'd consider offers for any of the following 10 first team squad players that Frank doesn't seem to fancy:  Arrizabalaga, Emerson, Alonso, Rudiger, Christensen, Tomori, Zouma, Jorginho, Barkley, Batshuayi, plus the 8 perennial loanees:  Kenedy, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Moses, Rahman, Miazga, Baker.  I wonder also what the plan is for Van Ginkel ?

 

Edited by Sexyfootball
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2020 at 08:51, Sexyfootball said:

Looking like it is going to be very difficult to shift our dead wood, based on the lack of stories or media coverage for anyone other than Emerson and Bakayoko ...

Hopefully this is just a sign that we are more focused on acquisitions at this point, and when those are done, then the late summer sales can really get going ...

I imagine we'd consider offers for any of the following 10 first team squad players that Frank doesn't seem to fancy:  Arrizabalaga, Emerson, Alonso, Rudiger, Christensen, Tomori, Zouma, Jorginho, Barkley, Batshuayi, plus the 8 perennial loanees:  Kenedy, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Moses, Rahman, Miazga, Baker.  I wonder also what the plan is for Van Ginkel ?

 

Indeed it is.

On the plus side, seeing as we've done almost all the business we have to in this single window. The next couple of windows we can focus more on shifting deadwood and dont really need to bother with incoming players other than maybe 1 or 2

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Is Tomori really that much worse than Zouma? I find it odd we aren't just selling Zouma to Everton and playing Tomori next to Silva. Then the season after we buy another CB and Tomori keeps his place. 

A part of me thinks maybe Lamps & Tomori have fallen out as Frank just stopped trusting FT after his injury. We all say he believes in youth yet this is the first time I have doubted that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rtwelch said:

Is Tomori really that much worse than Zouma? I find it odd we aren't just selling Zouma to Everton and playing Tomori next to Silva. Then the season after we buy another CB and Tomori keeps his place. 

A part of me thinks maybe Lamps & Tomori have fallen out as Frank just stopped trusting FT after his injury. We all say he believes in youth yet this is the first time I have doubted that.

Perhaps Tomori isn't there just yet, and would be too big a risk to start with him. Hopefully getting more minutes at Everton than with us from the bench (if at all on the bench) will help him gain significant experience. Not every recent graduate from the academy is ready to move on to the first team in one step.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Perhaps Tomori isn't there just yet, and would be too big a risk to start with him. Hopefully getting more minutes at Everton than with us from the bench (if at all on the bench) will help him gain significant experience. Not every recent graduate from the academy is ready to move on to the first team in one step.

I really liked Tomori and I'm puzzled a bit, but I don't watch him in training every day, if Frank doesn't think he's ready then maybe it's for the best. Personally, I would rather play him over Rudiger and Christensen but oh well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!