Players to sell (evergreen "deadwood" thread)

mad_mac

30 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Kenedy and Batman heading out on loan, assume the later will need to extend his contract first. If Baka goes on loan we probably do the same 🤮

Im not sure the 1st 2 will extend again. They have hardly anything left in the amortization fees. 

Im sure i read earlier in the summer that Bakayoko had already extended, because of an option in his contract. 

Quite a few teams interested in Bakayoko though, and his amortization fee is now lower aswell since he extended, so theres a better chance of Marina accepting a lower fee.

Loads of players out of contract next summer, hopefully, we can really trim the loan army on the next 12 months, because those fifa restrictions will be coming into place in the near future.

45 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Drinkwater, Barkley and Zappacosta not assigned squad numbers for the new season and have been instructed to find moves elsewhere according to The Athletic. 

sad for barkley - he has so much promise as a youngster.. his career has been similar to Phil Jones .. never really lived up his potential/reputation.. 😞

Zappacosta and DD were panic buys - were never Chelsea quality.

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Drinkwater, Barkley and Zappacosta not assigned squad numbers for the new season and have been instructed to find moves elsewhere according to The Athletic. 

We've been trying to get rid of DrinkTequila and Zappacostly since we purchased them essentially... I mean Zappacostly had that one wonder goal on his debut but other than that he really was a curious purchase... as was drinksTequiladaily ... the Barkley deal was decent business since we got him for just 15.

1 hour ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

We've been trying to get rid of DrinkTequila and Zappacostly since we purchased them essentially... I mean Zappacostly had that one wonder goal on his debut but other than that he really was a curious purchase... as was drinksTequiladaily ... the Barkley deal was decent business since we got him for just 15.

On Barkley that depends. If he goes for 10mill or less it no longer looks good business.

Latest ones are:

Zappacosta to Fiorentina around 5mill

Bakayoko to Rennes no fee mentioned but us and Baka desperate to avoid a loan

Emerson to Lyon for around 15mill

No links yet for Barkley and, as expected, nobody for Drinkwater.

10 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Latest ones are:

Zappacosta to Fiorentina around 5mill

Bakayoko to Rennes no fee mentioned but us and Baka desperate to avoid a loan

Emerson to Lyon for around 15mill

No links yet for Barkley and, as expected, nobody for Drinkwater.

Barkley will probably land on his feet, but Drinkwater.... possibly some Turkish second tier club might be interested, but can't afford the wages he demands :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

Barkley will probably land on his feet, but Drinkwater.... possibly some Turkish second tier club might be interested, but can't afford the wages he demands :rolleyes:

Hoping Newcastle show an interest and allow us to get back them 15mill

33 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Drinkwater's contract is up next Sept, see him leaving on a free.

Best we can do is a loan and a small amount of his wages covered.

Still 12 fringe players to sort out, of which 5 seem to be more or less done, if you believe what has been reported ( 🙂 : Bakayoko, Batshuayi, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Rahman, Baker, Miazga, Kenedy, Barkley, Musonda, Sarr and Ugbo.

I'd also expect 2 centre backs and 1 left back to move on from the numbered first team squad as well ... probably Zouma, Ampadu and Emerson.

Then we'll see new loans for Sterling and Uwakwe, and that'll be it for August's fun and games 🙂

53 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Still 12 fringe players to sort out, of which 5 seem to be more or less done, if you believe what has been reported ( 🙂 : Bakayoko, Batshuayi, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Rahman, Baker, Miazga, Kenedy, Barkley, Musonda, Sarr and Ugbo.

I'd also expect 2 centre backs and 1 left back to move on from the numbered first team squad as well ... probably Zouma, Ampadu and Emerson.

Then we'll see new loans for Sterling and Uwakwe, and that'll be it for August's fun and games 🙂

Loans for Ugbo and Sarr too, I expect 

44 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

So Batshauyi and Kennedy have extended their contracts and gone on loan to garbage teams. We’re going to be stuck with these players forever aren’t we?

Add Emerson to the list also. On loan at Lyon for the season, contract extended till 2023

I’m confused as to why these players agree to extend their contracts with us, knowing that they’ll be loaned out to different places every year? Don’t they want to move on to a more permanent situation? 

51 minutes ago, edewaarb said:

I’m confused as to why these players agree to extend their contracts with us, knowing that they’ll be loaned out to different places every year? Don’t they want to move on to a more permanent situation? 

You would think.  Must be something about the non playing wage they are still able to collect from Chelsea being better than the alternate.

For Chelsea, I'm sure we're working their deals down, but also by resigning retaining some level of value and probably re-amortizing any balance.

Edited by PhilH930

On 18/08/2021 at 20:48, Munkworth said:

So Batshauyi and Kennedy have extended their contracts and gone on loan to garbage teams. We’re going to be stuck with these players forever aren’t we?

Got to assume they are profitable assets for us if we are extending. 

From their side there is probably a value, not sure what. Maybe they earn more in wages on loan through us than if they joined another club permanently. 

1 hour ago, bisright1 said:

Got to assume they are profitable assets for us if we are extending. 

From their side there is probably a value, not sure what. Maybe they earn more in wages on loan through us than if they joined another club permanently. 

At some point other teams are going to realise they’re sh*t and not bother loaning them!

4 hours ago, Munkworth said:

At some point other teams are going to realise they’re sh*t and not bother loaning them!

Agreed. No one is interested in buying them and personally I would sooner we just agree to loan them for a loan fee and full wages covered then let them walk on a free next summer.

Club has other ideas as both Zappacosta and Bakayoko have signed new 1 year extentions and are set to go on loan to Fioentina and AC Milan respectively.

Think the only exception will be Drinkwater who has not interest in him even on loan so I would hope we at least let his deal run and down and he leaves next summer.

Edited by axman2526

On 17/08/2021 at 12:26, axman2526 said:

Is rather odd how we keep loaning and extending contracts of deadwood but are happy letting assists like Rudiger and Christensen be a year away from leaving on a free

It takes two to tango - we don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes with Rüdiger and Christensen. I do doubt that we are happy to let either of them go.

As for the contract extensions followed by a loan, there’s no risk in that for the players. They bet on themselves, it’s not like they are expecting to do poorly on their loan. If they do well, which they expect, then the team taking them on loan would be much more likely to buy them, simple as that. And from the club side, it’s pretty similar as the extension keeps them from leaving on a free, so severely reduces risk on that side too. It’s a reasonable business decision from either side.

On 17/08/2021 at 18:26, axman2526 said:

Is rather odd how we keep loaning and extending contracts of deadwood but are happy letting assists like Rudiger and Christensen be a year away from leaving on a free

I was wondering if it's something to do with FFP and contract amortisation, loaning them for a fee could have an impact on our overall ffp rating maybe?

4 hours ago, dkw said:

I was wondering if it's something to do with FFP and contract amortisation, loaning them for a fee could have an impact on our overall ffp rating maybe?

Could well be that whole system is rather convoluted and only really works if the rich clubs agree to play by it, casing point Cities lawyers trashing it.