I find the whole Emerson a strange situation. Seems to be highly rated back in Italy with a number of clubs looking at him. Admittedly, he hasn’t been fantastic with us but then he hasn’t been awful. Odd one. 

7 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Real Madrid left-back Sergio Reguilon is in talks to join Chelsea, with discussions already at an advanced stage.

- @RodrigoFaez/@alexkirkland

Is this source reliable though?

Didn't see hardly any defending in those clips. Can he jump, can he head, can he tackle, can he get back into position, can he mark and defend corners. We have loads players that can run down one side of the pitch and cross the ball into the box

31 minutes ago, driller97 said:

Only thing im concerned about is the fact that he's spanish... he's from this new era of weak minded pussy spanish players like Morata, Kepa who are overrated as balls.

Whereabouts have you seen this info? Saul and Rodri both of a similar age and if his mindset is anything like theirs I’d snap him up in a heartbeat. 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, sabin6912 said:

Whereabouts have you seen this info? Saul and Rodri both of a similar age and if his mindset is anything like theirs I’d snap him up in a heartbeat. 

Not saying every player, but the modern spanish player is definitely a far cry from the warriors like Puyol and Ramos. A lot of them are very soft and have a weak mentality

Edited by driller97

2 hours ago, driller97 said:

Only thing im concerned about is the fact that he's spanish... he's from this new era of weak minded pussy spanish players like Morata, Kepa who are overrated as balls.

He doesn't need to have anything in common with them, part from being Spanish so it sounds like you're being very loose here, we have had good Spanish players and bad too.

42 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I think Alonso is criminally underrated. He’s one of the world’s best wing backs. I can’t think of a wing back I would take over Alonso.

A left back though, that’s a different story.

I think therein lies the problem. Frank is willing to play with 3 at the back and 2 wingbacks, but at the end of the day he wants to play 4 at the back.

After watching some videos, he's a great solution to our LB problem. We can improve our defense and transition with him and he's still young, what a nice player and he's probably available for 25m, a bargain.