I don’t know much about him, but the numbers don’t lie. Tough to replicate that in PL. 

My concern is he is another Zappacosta or Emerson, but he deserves the benefit of doubt. Hope we sign him - makes financial sense and leaves money for three other key areas (GK, CB, creative MF). 

3 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I hadn't heard of this guy ever until last week but all the sudden I keep seeing him on a lot of people's wish lists when I never heard anyone ever mention... not once, not never

Same. Not saying he’s a bad player but just funny how he’s suddenly a difference maker over an experienced pro like Alonso in many peoples eyes. 

2 hours ago, Adamrb said:

Same. Not saying he’s a bad player but just funny how he’s suddenly a difference maker over an experienced pro like Alonso in many peoples eyes. 

I can admit that I haven't seen much of Sergio Regulion at all before the rumors came out but in all honesty, if Alonso had been a good LB we wouldn't be searching for a new in the first place.

10 hours ago, Adamrb said:

Its ridiculous really, all of this about us signing him is a complete rumour about a player pretty much no one had heard of last week. Now if we dont sign him loads of mentalists will moan and whine about how terrible a club we are for not signing this bestest left back ever...that they hadnt heard of last week.

12 hours ago, dkw said:

Its ridiculous really, all of this about us signing him is a complete rumour about a player pretty much no one had heard of last week. Now if we dont sign him loads of mentalists will moan and whine about how terrible a club we are for not signing this bestest left back ever...that they hadnt heard of last week.

Looking at what I have seen so far tonight, no thanks. Another lightweight full back that is average going forward and largely invisible defensively.  How is this guy different from Palmieri

12 hours ago, dkw said:

Live look at them in their bedroom: "They DIDN'T SIGN HIM?!?!?!"

tenor.gif

Edited by chiefBlueCFC
17 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Looking at what I have seen so far tonight, no thanks. Another lightweight full back that is average going forward and largely invisible defensively.  How is this guy different from Palmieri

For starters he comes from Real Madrid, he helped Sevilla to secure top 4 in La Liga and thus a CL spot. 31 games in La Liga, 2 goals 4 assists and he's 3 years younger than Emerson. So you can be sure that he in his current state and ability is a much better left-back than Alonso and Emerson.

6 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

For starters he comes from Real Madrid, he helped Sevilla to secure top 4 in La Liga and thus a CL spot. 31 games in La Liga, 2 goals 4 assists and he's 3 years younger than Emerson. So you can be sure that he in his current state and ability is a much better left-back than Alonso and Emerson.

Presumably so did the RB help get them to the CL. He looks better, let's sign him. Personally I would still prefer Tagliafico

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

For starters he comes from Chelsea, he helped them make top 4 thus a CL spot. 18 games in Premiere League, 4 goals 2 assists and he is 29years old so experienced. So you can be sure that he in his current state and ability is a much better left-back than Alonso and... Wait a second something is wrong here. 

Edited by Nevamind

2 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

For starters he comes from Chelsea, he helped them make top 4 thus a CL spot.  18 games in Premiere League, 4 goals 2 assists and he is 29years old so experienced. So you can be sure that he in his current state and ability is a much better left-back than Alonso and... Wait a second something is wrong here. 

If Alonso was a good LB we wouldn't be searching for a LB in the first place...

For starters he comes from Real Madrid, he has a 100% win record in EVERY game he played with Real Madrid, helping them to a second place league finish. He has over 30 career goals from left back, and is a full Spain international. He is experienced in England, having played over 160 games in the premier league with 3 different clubs, during which time he became a premier league and Europa league winner.  Most importantly he has a higher rating on fifa 20 (81v80). He is available for free.  He isn’t the best driver.  He appears to have no lips. His name is Marcos Alonso. 

Haha I love the reasoning we come up with when we buy a player we know nothing about.  Heres a few, see if you can guess who they are?  I may have quoted some of the posters here for some of them.

1. A player from that impressive Monaco side? who? he must be good they got to the campions league semi final.  Him and Kante would be a dream midfield paring.

2. Him and Kante won the league together.

3. He was prolific for Juve when he played his goals to game ratio is excellent.  Give him regular football and he will be banging them in.  Real Madrid have sold many great players who they’ve never given a chance.

4. He can’t get in the starting 11 right now cause he’s just come back from a major injury.  He was one of the best left backs in the league before his injury.

5. Under Sarri this guy is a goal machine.  He’s not too old and fat he just needs Sarri’s guidance.

6. The 21-year-old made the most tackles in last season's Bundesliga (109), while attaining averages of 0.8 key passes and 1.4 dribbles per game to earn a WhoScored.com rating of 7.37. In comparison, Azpilicueta offered 0.6 key passes and just 0.3 dribbles per game for the Blues last season.  GET HIM ON!

7. How much! 7 year contract! He must be f*@kin brilliant.  Not only is he very highly rated with huge potential he's also very comfortable with the ball at his feet. In a way we've kinda upgraded on Courtois as this kid will be a much better fit for Sarri's system.

8. Well his name sounds fast

With Ziyech, Werner, and Havertz I'm glad we don't need theses excuses to justify their transfers, they are logical and we all know they are top players, if they fail its will be unlucky.

Just because you don't know and don't care to look him up, it doesn't mean that he's not worth it, the ignorance argument isn't good enough.

We are the only top side that doesn't have a good natural LB, so we really need to improve there, it's that simple.

3 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Just because you don't know and don't care to look him up, it doesn't mean that he's not worth it, the ignorance argument isn't good enough.

We are the only top side that doesn't have a good natural LB, so we really need to improve there, it's that simple.

How much did you know about him 3 weeks ago?

I wonder if the plan is to bring in Tagliafico and Reguilon as replacement for Alonso & Emerson, if we brought in Chilwell it would most likely mean we would keep Alonso.

The question for me would be that firstly are the following options upgrades on what we currently have at Left back and which option would us fans prefer:

1. Chilwell & Alonso- Chilwell being preferred in a back 4 and Alonso allowing us to play with a 3 back system

2. Tagliafico & Reguilon

I guess the 2nd option would be somewhat an unknown entity in terms of how the players would adapt to the PL and whether it would be a substantial enough upgrade to get us challenging. I wonder if that is the reason why Lampard (Allegedly) seems to prefer Chilwell over other cheaper options.

He is talented without a doubt, and with the price of 20m£ could really be a bargain buy. Definitely a potential. But what makes me sceptical is how would he adapt to the EPL, especially the physical level. I'm afraid that could take some time. 

Honestly I would prefer Tagliafico over anyone we're linked with, although Reguilon is also a good option.

Edited by wizardous
8 minutes ago, wizardous said:

He is talented without a doubt, and with the price of 20m£ could really be a bargain buy. Definitely a potential. But what makes me sceptical is how would he adapt to the EPL, especially the physical level. I'm afraid that could take some time. 

Honestly I would prefer Tagliafico over anyone we're linked with, although Reguilon is also a good option.

I'm fine with either one of them, I wouldn't like to see us spending 60m on Chilwell but if that's what Lampard wants I support it as well in the end of the day...