Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

I'm fine with either one of them, I wouldn't like to see us spending 60m on Chilwell but if that's what Lampard wants I support it as well in the end of the day...

Couldn't agree more. I'd rather use that money to buy a new CB and that should be a priority.

But as you said, Frank certainly knows best...

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

You know i don't say Regulion is bad or not good enough just your reasoning doesn't hold up water. 

All I know is that we need a new LB because Alonso/Emerson isn't good enough.

People pointing out how we already have an experienced Alonso doesn't really matter, we need a real LB. It also doesn't matter that most of us didn't know that Regulion is one of the best LBs in La Liga.

What matters is that he's better than what we have and can be an upgrade for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

All I know is that we need a new LB because Alonso/Emerson isn't good enough.

People pointing out how we already have an experienced Alonso doesn't really matter, we need a real LB. It also doesn't matter that most of us didn't know that Regulion is one of the best LBs in La Liga.

What matters is that he's better than what we have and can be an upgrade for us.

Good i stand behind your comment that we need a Lb. 

Nonetheless you keep saying he is better which doesn't make it true. That is your subjective opinion and nothing more. Just buying someone for the sake of it is no solution. 

As i said before Regulion could be better but i don't see it (yet). 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

Good i stand behind your comment that we need a Lb. 

Nonetheless you keep saying he is better which doesn't make it true. That is your subjective opinion and nothing more. Just buying someone for the sake of it is no solution. 

As i said before Regulion could be better but i don't see it (yet). 

 

 

He's one of the best LBs in La Liga, Alonso isn't a good LB he's only viable in a 3-4-3 formation and even then he doesn't stand out.

Sergio is a modern LB just like Tagliafico but he plays in a better league and for a little time period he was ahead of Marcelo before he joined Sevilla on loan. He also played a full game yesterday against Wolves and Sevilla was all over Wolves and they are now in the semi finals, Sevilla didn't concede a goal in 500 minutes.

It's my subjective opinion, yes. But I took the time to see how he plays and formed that opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
He's one of the best LBs in La Liga, Alonso isn't a good LB he's only viable in a 3-4-3 formation and even then he doesn't stand out.
Sergio is a modern LB just like Tagliafico but he plays in a better league and for a little time period he was ahead of Marcelo before he joined Sevilla on loan. He also played a full game yesterday against Wolves and Sevilla was all over Wolves and they are now in the semi finals, Sevilla didn't concede a goal in 500 minutes.
It's my subjective opinion, yes. But I took the time to see how he plays and formed that opinion.
Naah. Alonso is a very good wingback. Give him more credit.
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, evissy said:
45 minutes ago, Gol15 said:
He's one of the best LBs in La Liga, Alonso isn't a good LB he's only viable in a 3-4-3 formation and even then he doesn't stand out.
Sergio is a modern LB just like Tagliafico but he plays in a better league and for a little time period he was ahead of Marcelo before he joined Sevilla on loan. He also played a full game yesterday against Wolves and Sevilla was all over Wolves and they are now in the semi finals, Sevilla didn't concede a goal in 500 minutes.
It's my subjective opinion, yes. But I took the time to see how he plays and formed that opinion.

Naah. Alonso is a very good wingback. Give him more credit.

Very good is stretching since he doesn't really stand out, not even at the time when we are so poor to defend and have several weaknesses he doesn't stand out. Azpilicueta played a better LB than him and James already puts better crosses in, sure Alonso loves to go forward but most of the time he's just putting in random low crosses hoping that someone is actually there on the near post.

I mean half of this forum compares someone like Jorginho to Drinkwater and Bakayoko but I should give more credit to Alonso even when everyone agrees that we should sign a new LB?! Give me a break here, if we all agree that we should sign a new LB that means that nobody actually thinks that Alonso should be our first choice, as a backup at best is what I understand and Emerson should be sold to whoever wants him, Alonso is 29 anyway he isn't getting any better!

To go as far as saying that we already have Alonso and who this Sergio is, is silly... Whoever we sign, be it Chilwell, Regulion or Tagliafico, any of them is automatically in the starting lineup ahead of Alonso, otherwise if we manage to sign someone worse than Alonso we have massively failed to improve on that position and that's that, full stop there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Very good is stretching since he doesn't really stand out, not even at the time when we are so poor to defend and have several weaknesses he doesn't stand out. Azpilicueta played a better LB than him and James already puts better crosses in, sure Alonso loves to go forward but most of the time he's just putting in random low crosses hoping that someone is actually there on the near post.

I mean half of this forum compares someone like Jorginho to Drinkwater and Bakayoko but I should give more credit to Alonso even when everyone agrees that we should sign a new LB?! Give me a break here, if we all agree that we should sign a new LB that means that nobody actually thinks that Alonso should be our first choice, as a backup at best is what I understand and Emerson should be sold to whoever wants him, Alonso is 29 anyway he isn't getting any better!

To go as far as saying that we already have Alonso and who this Sergio is, is silly... Whoever we sign, be it Chilwell, Regulion or Tagliafico, any of them is automatically in the starting lineup ahead of Alonso, otherwise if we manage to sign someone worse than Alonso we have massively failed to improve on that position and that's that, full stop there.

Give me a break ! You make him out to be some kind of trash player and you can´t even acknowledge that he is a good wingback. You must be really annoyed when he scores or makes an assist. He never complaint when he wasn´t getting minutes under Sarri or Lampard. He is a Fa cup and championship winner. Well i guess difference opinions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Very good is stretching since he doesn't really stand out, not even at the time when we are so poor to defend and have several weaknesses he doesn't stand out. Azpilicueta played a better LB than him and James already puts better crosses in, sure Alonso loves to go forward but most of the time he's just putting in random low crosses hoping that someone is actually there on the near post.

I mean half of this forum compares someone like Jorginho to Drinkwater and Bakayoko but I should give more credit to Alonso even when everyone agrees that we should sign a new LB?! Give me a break here, if we all agree that we should sign a new LB that means that nobody actually thinks that Alonso should be our first choice, as a backup at best is what I understand and Emerson should be sold to whoever wants him, Alonso is 29 anyway he isn't getting any better!

To go as far as saying that we already have Alonso and who this Sergio is, is silly... Whoever we sign, be it Chilwell, Regulion or Tagliafico, any of them is automatically in the starting lineup ahead of Alonso, otherwise if we manage to sign someone worse than Alonso we have massively failed to improve on that position and that's that, full stop there.

He is a great offensive wingback. If we were to keep playing with 3 cb, i wouldn´t think we need a new LB
Reguilon looks good though. he is fast af

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, evissy said:
4 hours ago, Gol15 said:
He's one of the best LBs in La Liga, Alonso isn't a good LB he's only viable in a 3-4-3 formation and even then he doesn't stand out.
Sergio is a modern LB just like Tagliafico but he plays in a better league and for a little time period he was ahead of Marcelo before he joined Sevilla on loan. He also played a full game yesterday against Wolves and Sevilla was all over Wolves and they are now in the semi finals, Sevilla didn't concede a goal in 500 minutes.
It's my subjective opinion, yes. But I took the time to see how he plays and formed that opinion.

Naah. Alonso is a very good wingback. Give him more credit.

Of course he is a very good LWB...

If there is a decent keeper and very good CB pair Alonso would be gold as LWB.

Yes he cant be relied as a LB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

Give me a break ! You make him out to be some kind of trash player and you can´t even acknowledge that he is a good wingback. You must be really annoyed when he scores or makes an assist. He never complaint when he wasn´t getting minutes under Sarri or Lampard. He is a Fa cup and championship winner. Well i guess difference opinions.

I said he's viable in the 3-4-3 formation... But if he were to be a good player we wouldn't have spent most of the season with Azpilicueta as the LB so I know I'm not being unfair towards him. We need a better player there, I was never angry when Alonso did well but I'm well aware of his ability and I thought it was embarrassing when he slapped Lewandowski and got sent off, he isn't trash, but any top player can do whatever he wants against Alonso and he can't always hide that he has many limitations.

IMO we should sell Emerson and Alonso should be the backup for whoever we sign as the new LB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Montessori said:

He is a great offensive wingback. If we were to keep playing with 3 cb, i wouldn´t think we need a new LB
Reguilon looks good though. he is fast af

I'm pretty sure at this point that Lampard would prefer the 4-3-3 formation so he needs players for that to work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Montessori said:

He is a great offensive wingback. If we were to keep playing with 3 cb, i wouldn´t think we need a new LB
Reguilon looks good though. he is fast af

Conte brought the best season out of Alonso in his career at left wing back, and yet even he wanted an upgrade in Alex Sandro. Sarri replaced him with Emerson, and Lampard is widely reported to be looking to replace him this summer.

Alonso has been a solid player for us, and i would rather keep him than Emerson, but he does have his limitations, 

Havent watched much of reguilon, but he has been very good this season by all accounts. Fans are always complaining why we dont get the good bargain players that are off the radar, so maybe he could be one of those. 

Personally i havent seen any credible links to him, so while his highlight reel looks promising, i dont see him ending up here. 

I think it will be chilwell, who wouldnt be my choice, but if he is lampards man, then you have to praise the club for backing the manager.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote

According to Spanish newspaper AS, Chelsea and Arsenal are the two teams “best positioned” for the 23-year-old’ signature. In Chelsea’s case, that’s due to the Champions League football that we can offer in addition to the Premier League action, while in Arsenal’s case, it has a lot to do with agent Kia Joorabchian’s influence. The superagent who seems to be running the Gunners’ transfer department these days, recently became Reguilón’s agent as well.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Napoli made a first offer of €15m for left-back Sergio Reguilon, which has been rejected by Real Madrid. The Spanish side’s desire is to get around €20-25m for the player. #CFC #EFC #AFC #Napoli #RMCF

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I thought the same about Aubameyang when he swapped Dortmund for Arsenal.

Good observation, many similarities in case it happens. Dortmund and Sevilla in CL but Arsenal not, Arsenal manager at the time Wenger that speaks French just like Aubameyang and now Arteta that is Spanish just like Sergio...Seems like we have no choice but to spend 65m on Chilwell then lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Arsenal also in the race but IMO they have no chance of signing him. Surely he would prefer to stay in Sevilla over going to Arsenal...

 

I'm not so sure, Arteta has a decent reputation, already won a trophy as manager, plus he's Spanish, which makes the communication easy for a Spanish player ... and Arsenal pay quite well LOL (assuming the wages budget hasn't all gone on Aubameyang and Willian !)

Edited by Sexyfootball
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I'm not so sure, Arteta has a decent reputation, already won a trophy as manager, plus he's Spanish, which makes the communication easy for a Spanish player ... and Arsenal pay quite well LOL (assuming the wags budget hasn't all gone on Aubameyang and Willian !)

Yea you're right.

Pretty annoying though, Arsenal just keeps lurking around the corner offering anyone that looks flashy a contract, feels like Wenger never left, you a kid that's an exotic prospect from a nice school, sign here!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I'm not so sure, Arteta has a decent reputation, already won a trophy as manager, plus he's Spanish, which makes the communication easy for a Spanish player ... and Arsenal pay quite well LOL (assuming the wags budget hasn't all gone on Aubameyang and Willian !)

Arsenal pay quite well if you are not one of the club workers that have been sacked because of lack of funds...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...