Jump to content

Next new Striker


Ballack & Blu
 Share

Recommended Posts


After tonight, we either got big we put faith in Havetz to be the number 9 next season. There's no point bring in a 30-40M squad player. Kane would be huge, for all the 30 goals he scores every season, doesn't even get him a runner up medal. We got a German scores about 10 a year and miss 2 chances every game, and he's the CL winner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know what Tuchel has in mind for next season in terms of tactics, if he sticks to this formation, or reverts to four at the back, I really have no clue, but one thing I am sure of is that he will absolutely stick to the same plan vs big teams and execute the transition from defence to offence, especially on the counter, with the same pace and directness. I mean ever since Tuchel took over we looked scary good and explosive on the counter vs every big club we faced.

Hence I think Haaland would fit in perfectly, he is tailor made for Tuchel tactics. Kane, too, but do you really see him join us? I wish, but I don't see how it would be possible, there is so much animosity between these two clubs, I just can't see any marquee transfer involving Chelsea and Spuds anytime soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

We are now such an attractive proposition, Kai is going to be sensational for us now btw,
Werner newStriker Havertz =Best in Europe

Where do you put Mount then? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Where do you put Mount then? 

Best solution I can think of is to focus on two formations: 3-4-3 (against big teams) and attacking 4-1-2-3 ( Buy a proper DM and have Mount and Havertz behind our attackers).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Where do you put Mount then? 

Midfield where else Kante-Jorgi and Mount look pretty good in a 

3-5-1-1

3-5-2

4-4-1-1

4-4-2

I personally prefer 3 at the back, which easily, and is now proven reverts to 5 under attack, then can easily transmute into a fluid 5 going forward 

Edited by Ballack & Blu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Midfield where else Kante-Jorgi and Mount look pretty good in a 

3-5-1-1

3-5-2

4-4-1-1

4-4-2

I personally prefer 3 at the back, which easily, and is now proven reverts to 5 under attack, then can easily transmute into a fluid 5 going forward 

Since you want to play 3 at the back with 3 attacker. There is one position left for Mount which is in midfield. But we tried it multiple time, when Mount played in midfield, the link between midfield and attacker were  missing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, comtrend said:

Best solution I can think of is to focus on two formations: 3-4-3 (against big teams) and attacking 4-1-2-3 ( Buy a proper DM and have Mount and Havertz behind our attackers).

Right now it is safe to assume that Werner can't play as single striker. He need someone close to him. So you have to play 442 or 4231 or something similar otherwise he is useless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Right now it is safe to assume that Werner can't play as single striker. He need someone close to him. So you have to play 442 or 4231 or something similar otherwise he is useless. 

I wouldn't want him playing as a single striker either atm, but he can play a wide forward in a 4-1-2-3 formation. We still need to sign a top striker, with Giroud and Tammy A leaving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

Since you want to play 3 at the back with 3 attacker. There is one position left for Mount which is in midfield. But we tried it multiple time, when Mount played in midfield, the link between midfield and attacker were  missing 

I think he played midfield last night, keep saying 3-5-2, chilly and Reece are you're wide players, leaving Kai and Timo up front, or Kai and AN Other

Edited by Ballack & Blu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, comtrend said:

I wouldn't want him playing as a single striker either atm, but he can play a wide forward in a 4-1-2-3 formation. We still need to sign a top striker, with Giroud and Tammy A leaving.

Even wide forward does not really work, he need to play st. We have tried it under Lamp. Both defensively and offensively you want werner to be as high as possible. You want him to get involved as little as possible in the build up phase. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I think he played midfield last night, keep saying 3-5-2, chilly and Reece are you're wide players, leaving Kai and Timo up front, or Kai and AN Other

I think it was 343 but not that important, it was similar. 

The point was Mount has total freedom to play high and drop accordingly. If Mount need to play next to kante as double pivot, he can't just bomb forward at will. He need to play deeper to help with the build up.

A good example was against Fulham, Mount played double pivot with Gilmour. Mount kept leaving Gilmour alone which made it very2 difficult for Gilmour to build from the back. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Even wide forward does not really work, he need to play st. We have tried it under Lamp. Both defensively and offensively you want werner to be as high as possible. You want him to get involved as little as possible in the build up phase. 

 

 

 

It could work like Hazard and Costa, those two were operating closer to eachother, while our third forward was more wide. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I still think we need to shift to a 433.

We will never get a midfielder that do what Kante does and Jorginho should be moved on.

Would be nice if we signed a Lewandowski or Haaland. Even better if the new striker can interchange with Havertz and Werner

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Deino said:

I still think we need to shift to a 433.

We will never get a midfielder that do what Kante does and Jorginho should be moved on.

Would be nice if we signed a Lewandowski or Haaland. Even better if the new striker can interchange with Havertz and Werner

Kante is our best player, and for me, he is best in a 2 man midfield. So i think we should be playing a formation that suits him. Either stick with the 343, or 4231.

Even though he could sit deep in midfield 3, like Lampard used, and he could also play as one of 2 more advanced, like sarri went with, i think the best we have seen from him was at Leicester, under conte, and now under Tuchel. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, big blue said:

Kante is our best player, and for me, he is best in a 2 man midfield. So i think we should be playing a formation that suits him. Either stick with the 343, or 4231.

Even though he could sit deep in midfield 3, like Lampard used, and he could also play as one of 2 more advanced, like sarri went with, i think the best we have seen from him was at Leicester, under conte, and now under Tuchel. 

 

 

I was thinking more of a 4213 where the one in the hole has a free role to accomodate the new striker.

As it is we need to fit Werner, Havertz, Mason and Kante in the same side. A new striker being added means we will miss at least one attribute that one of them brings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, big blue said:

Kante is our best player, and for me, he is best in a 2 man midfield. So i think we should be playing a formation that suits him. Either stick with the 343, or 4231.

Even though he could sit deep in midfield 3, like Lampard used, and he could also play as one of 2 more advanced, like sarri went with, i think the best we have seen from him was at Leicester, under conte, and now under Tuchel. 

 

 

433 was Joses go to, but i think Tuchel will miss the added security of 'Bombing' wing backs in his 3 at the back, i think it's the most fluid formation on the pitch, just how TT sees fit to tweak it..., what i need to know is what the wide players are looking for, when they have the chance to cross, they seem to want to manoeuvre the ball for the optimum pass, trouble is i don't think we know what that is?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Deino said:

I was thinking more of a 4213 where the one in the hole has a free role to accomodate the new striker.

As it is we need to fit Werner, Havertz, Mason and Kante in the same side. A new striker being added means we will miss at least one attribute that one of them brings.

its tricky isnt it. I think we should stick with the back 3 in the big games, its worked well for 2 seasons now, what we need is something that allows us to get more of our attacking players on pitch against the teams that will sit deep, whilst still maintaining a solid defence. 

 

7 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

433 was Joses go to, but i think Tuchel will miss the added security of 'Bombing' wing backs in his 3 at the back, i think it's the most fluid formation on the pitch, just how TT sees fit to tweak it..., what i need to know is what the wide players are looking for, when they have the chance to cross, they seem to want to manoeuvre the ball for the optimum pass, trouble is i don't think we know what that is?

Mourinho's 433 was such a different era. That 3 man midfield was pretty alien in the premier league at the time, and we absolutely bossed teams. It also made us extremely solid defensively. I still think it is a good formation, but it requires a high quality dm. Kante has it in his locker, but i like him bursting forward, and driving the team up the pitch. 

We do get the 'arsenal syndrome' at times, trying to score the perfect goal, instead of just getting half a yard and getting a shot away, although i think that is also down to an overall lack of confidence from all the attackers, which is expected since most of them have been on long goal droughts at various points in the season. 

 Not sure who i want to see come in at the moment, im still on cloud 9, and these boys are heroes. 

Who is to say we even need a striker, if we have faith in Havertz and Werner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


No, No after the season of profligacy in front of goal, we at least need someone to put the ball away, maybe an Alien 5-2-3, and we could utilise Werner ? Havertz, fora couple of seasons i'd love see Lewa, the press from the front would be incredible..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Was thinking the same as some of you regarding our obvious draw to marquee players after last night's victory.

But I think it's more than that, any prospective signing must look at us right now and think 'I want to go there'.

Young squad, clearly a very clever manager and a bond between the players I haven't seen for a few years.

Who ? I don't follow European football really, but obviously the names of Haaland, Sancho are being mentioned. Personally I'd love Kane, but I don't see it happening at all. Too much bad blood between the club's, but if we can get someone to stick 15-20 goals away for us, Timo learns the offside rule and stops swinging his boot at imaginary footballs, and Havertz continues his form, I think we will challenge for the league next season.

Edited by Carloseyebrow
Spelling correction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!