Next new Striker

Ballack & Blu

9 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

Great news, been feeling for a while now that we need someone to challenge Timo for the worst first touch in the squad award.

Lukaku doesn't have a bad first touch anymore. He really improved his game while he kept scoring, Conte knew how to get the best out of him.

I'd take Lukaku, really think he'd want to succeed here, we really struggle for goals even if he added an extra 5, 10, 15 goals a season that would be huge in lifting moral and possibly winning things.

16 hours ago, BordeauxBlue said:

Hardly, he was lethal in the prem and still is for Belgium as well! 

He didn't exactly set the world on fire the last time he played in the prem, that's why he's at Inter now.

1 hour ago, abramovich said:

He didn't exactly set the world on fire the last time he played in the prem, that's why he's at Inter now.

He was a consistent goalscorer at United that they've only just replaced with Cavani. 

With the first touch of a donkey, sure, but a goalscorer all the same. 

7 hours ago, Adamrb said:

Rather go for Martinez if we choose an inter player. Guy is Aguero 2.0

Not at all. Martinez is hardly prolific. And hardly 'clutch'.

On 27/05/2021 at 02:25, Gol15 said:

Lukaku doesn't have a bad first touch anymore. He really improved his game while he kept scoring, Conte knew how to get the best out of him.

Agree. Didn't like him much in the past but he's really progressed. Would happily take him back now.

If Werner got every goal he scored that were disallowed he'd have +15 goals this season. Not saying we shouldn't look for a striker but just saying Werner could well start hitting the heights he is expected to. 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

If Werner got every goal he scored that were disallowed he'd have +15 goals this season. Not saying we shouldn't look for a striker but just saying Werner could well start hitting the heights he is expected to. 

Needs to spend time with the Under 11s then when the offside rule is being taught to them.

4 hours ago, ashwin said:

Not at all. Martinez is hardly prolific. And hardly 'clutch'.

Agree. Didn't like him much in the past but he's really progressed. Would happily take him back now.

Lautaro Martinez is a top player, he reminds me of Roberto Baggio or Aguero so for me he's an even more scary player to play against than Lukaku and I do think that Lukaku is a top striker these days. But he's short so if we buy him we would have a tiki taka team full of short players, not sure that works in the PL, imagine having a front 3 of Werner, Martinez and Pulisic, no point to put in a cross.

1 hour ago, WhiteWall said:

Clutch? The left pedal of a car? What does clutch mean in this context? 

Haha, as explained below, hence the quotes. Commonly used term in American sports, has made its way sparingly into global commentary/media/films. Surprised you haven't heard of it.

And this was brought up in the context of Aguero - Aguero has always been a big game player while also being prolific. Lautaro Martinez while being an excellent footballer is pretty far off an Aguero.

At the same age, Aguero was consistently scoring above 20 goals a season, even approaching 30 goals. Martinez is struggling to reach 20 despite playing as a forward for one of the more dominant Serie A teams.

Good player certainly but no Aguero except that they are both skilful and from Argentina.

Haha, as explained below, hence the quotes. Commonly used term in American sports, has made its way sparingly into global commentary/media/films. Surprised you haven't heard of it.

55 mate. Half if the words used nowadays have completely different meanings to me. Lol.

such as- I'm super excited. Err no, just use the word very, its what it's there for. I'm very excited.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, ozboy said:

I wonder if Kane has an agent or did he handle his contract himself on good faith with Levy. 
Seems to be a shocking contract to have signed if he had clear intentions to leave if Tottenham did not win trophies.

A well, c’est la vie. 

Edited by goose

4 hours ago, goose said:

I wonder if Kane has an agent or did he handle his contract himself on good faith with Levy. 
Seems to be a shocking contract to have signed if he had clear intentions to leave if Tottenham did not win trophies.

A well, c’est la vie. 

The manner in how he leaves the club should give us a hint in that regard.