Next new Striker

Ballack & Blu

Not tested in premiership yet, but how about Ivan Toni from Brentford, just watched extended highlights of play off final and looks very good and scored a bucket load of goals in his first season in championship, and if anyone says it’s a big step up, well the centre backs he will be up against are those world renowned centre backs such as, Maguire, Stones, Dier, Luiz, and Mings, etc, f**k me the prems not blessed with class centre backs at present

Reports say Liverpool are aiming to sign a 21 year old Dusan Vlahovic from Fiorentina that scored 20 goals in Serie A this season.

Goals per shot on Target:

Vlahovic : 0.47 (3rd highest)
Lewandowski : 0.65
Kane : 0.41
Lukaku : 0.40
Haaland : 0.51
Benzema : 0.43

Maybe we should take a look?

56 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Reports say Liverpool are aiming to sign a 21 year old Dusan Vlahovic from Fiorentina that scored 20 goals in Serie A this season.

I wonder what Ings is?

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

For sure a possibility! 

Very promising player. 

3 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I have huge reservations for any striker coming from Italy.

To date, I think Salah is the only one ,in the modern game that came from an Italian club, to perform well in the PL and even then he has PL experience. 

Surely Tuchel can use Tammy. He’s shown enough over 2 seasons that he’s got a few goals in him. Just needs to be taught how to play Tuchel’s system. He’s still young. I would rather try to use Tammy than buy an average striker. 

Very tough call for us. My feeling is that a new striker would be great, but we're better sticking with what we have rather than buying dross. 

Lots of hype on Haaland but I am always worried about strikers who score lots of their goals by running in behind and finishing without pressure. As we've seen with Werner that doesn't always translate as well in England. 

You look at Kane or Aguero and how many they score through clever positioning inside the box. That for me is key.

7 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Ings conversion rate is 21% the same as Aguero, Cavani is on 33%.

Kane on just 17%.

https://www.footballcritic.com/premier-league/season-2020-2021/player-stats/strikers/shooting/conversion-rate/2/41756

Timo has 8%, but even if he would only have 3% I still love the man. All the smart running and creating openings for others by pulling the defenders with him. I love to see him up there with a finisher. 

If it’s not Haaland or Kane we shouldn’t buy a striker just for the sake of it, the best or nothing, spend it on top class in the other positions we need, we are the champions of Europe we don’t need squad players. 

12 hours ago, JM7 said:

Surely Tuchel can use Tammy. He’s shown enough over 2 seasons that he’s got a few goals in him. Just needs to be taught how to play Tuchel’s system. He’s still young. I would rather try to use Tammy than buy an average striker. 

Happy to see Tammy sold...will never be good enough to be a primary striker for this club...ifnwe can get £40m for him, then happy to spend that money on someone else...

Need a big clear out this summer...all of these can go...

Alonso, Bats, Tomori, Emerson, Jourinho, Barkley, Abraham, Bakayoko and Kepa amongst others...TT needs to make up his mind about CHO and Ziyech too...

5 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Happy to see Tammy sold...will never be good enough to be a primary striker for this club...ifnwe can get £40m for him, then happy to spend that money on someone else...

Need a big clear out this summer...all of these can go...

Alonso, Bats, Tomori, Emerson, Jourinho, Barkley, Abraham, Bakayoko and Kepa amongst others...TT needs to make up his mind about CHO and Ziyech too...

I suppose you can add to that list Loftus Cheek, Gallagher, Ampadu, Brown, Kenedy, Baker, Zappacosta, Miazaga, van Ginkel, Moses...

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

I suppose you can add to that list Loftus Cheek, Gallagher, Ampadu, Brown, Kenedy, Baker, Zappacosta, Miazaga, van Ginkel, Moses...

I agree, apart from those two, who are barely out of their teens. I know both had a tough year in teams that struggled from day one and went down, but both are great talents who could still have a future with us. I'd be happy if we hang on to Tammy and either Alonso or Emerson, but I would imagine all three are not happy to stay as squad players who'll only get limited chances. I've seen Zouma mentioned as a likely departure, too, which would be sad as he's a valuable squad player and fantastic personality, but he's good enough to be a starter elsewhere IMO.

It's a massive list that should bring in a fair amount of cash.

EDIT: Just seen that we've released Brown and MvG, so no income from those two.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2163104

Edited by Backbiter

Wow Izzy Brown is 24 already, feels like it was yesterday he was the most sought after youngster in the PL making his debut for West Brom. And those Mourinho comments on him, Baker and Solanke... Not only they are crap, they can't even get a sniff at a PL club, let alone England NT.

On 20/05/2021 at 10:28, FRANKIE66 said:

ANDRE SILVA - 

The 25-year-old Eintracht Frankfurt forward has already hit a career-best tally of 27 league goals so far this season, which has been crucial in firing the club to fifth place in the Bundesliga.

Silva has been in particularly phenomenal form of late, with 18 goals in 19 Bundesliga appearances in 2021. He is the star at the top of Adi Hutter’s Christmas tree formation and has broken Eintracht’s single-season scoring record.

Bella silva would probably be better if only for the team talks. She seems the type not to be argued with, she could be a real leader in the dressing room

13 hours ago, SFL82 said:

If it’s not Haaland or Kane we shouldn’t buy a striker just for the sake of it, the best or nothing, spend it on top class in the other positions we need, we are the champions of Europe we don’t need squad players. 

100%. We made that mistake with Conte spending 200m on sub-par players, if we can't get our 1st/2nd choice then just make do with what we have.

51 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

I agree, apart from those two, who are barely out of their teens. I know both had a tough year in teams that struggled from day one and went down, but both are great talents who could still have a future with us. I'd be happy if we hang on to Tammy and either Alonso or Emerson, but I would imagine all three are not happy to stay as squad players who'll only get limited chances. I've seen Zouma mentioned as a likely departure, too, which would be sad as he's a valuable squad player and fantastic personality, but he's good enough to be a starter elsewhere IMO.

It's a massive list that should bring in a fair amount of cash.

EDIT: Just seen that we've released Brown and MvG, so no income from those two.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2163104

I find that little surprising, David Luiz, Andros Townsend, Yannick Bolasie are all on that list, are we really saying they have been released by their clubs?

Giroud is staying one more year so we should look to get maybe Sancho but focus on a CB and DM, look at Dias he's the best in premier league so I'm sure if we get a quality defender it makes us much stronger for a title challenge than if we get some other striker that isn't Haaland.

12 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Giroud is staying one more year so we should look to get maybe Sancho but focus on a CB and DM, look at Dias he's the best in premier league so I'm sure if we get a quality defender it makes us much stronger for a title challenge than if we get some other striker that isn't Haaland.

Giroud is crap & slow now to be fair, but I am with you regarding snatching Sancho off Utd & getting a DM. Not sure where you stick a top CB with Silva resigning, & Rudiger/Christensen also deserving to start.

9 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Giroud's new contract won't make a difference to us signing a new striker. That contract was a purely business decision. Gives us cover should we fail to sign a target but also means we can get a fee should he leave. 

Rumour is Haaland is our primary target and we're willing to go all in for him. Just depends on whether he sees us as a preferred destination. 

Make no mistake, we're going to sign a striker this summer, for better or worse. Our top scorer being Jorginho and his 7 penalties is embarrassing and the club knows it. 

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Giroud's new contract won't make a difference to us signing a new striker. That contract was a purely business decision. Gives us cover should we fail to sign a target but also means we can get a fee should he leave. 

Rumour is Haaland is our primary target and we're willing to go all in for him. Just depends on whether he sees us as a preferred destination. 

Make no mistake, we're going to sign a striker this summer, for better or worse. Our top scorer being Jorginho and his 7 penalties is embarrassing and the club knows it. 

Agreed,

I would be very surprised if we don’t sign a striker. The board and Tuchel will know that was the area we were lacking.

7 hours ago, ducavis said:

Giroud is crap & slow now to be fair, but I am with you regarding snatching Sancho off Utd & getting a DM. Not sure where you stick a top CB with Silva resigning, & Rudiger/Christensen also deserving to start.

I have this strong opinion that T.Silva is the only real quality CB for a back 4 formation so we need another world class CB if we want to challenge for the title in the near future.

7 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Haaland would be an amazing signing but if we can't meet his demands then maybe it's not the end of the world if Tuchel puts some trust into Tammy as a backup next season and in all honesty Sancho wouldn't be that much cheaper but the chances that he flops are equally low, imagine this attack and midfield in a 4-3-3:

Pulisic  Havertz  Sancho

Mount      Kante
               Rice

200m for Sancho + Rice looks better to me than 150m for Haaland only both for the short and long term.