So if it is to be believed, that we are after more fire power who de we fancy

Haaland, Mbappe, Martinez, Lukaka, Kane, Ings, Calvert Lewin, some great Finishers in there, And something TT will definitely want to add to our team, or is there a Diamond we are over looking, we know we can blast nearly everybody in the Market, so instead of just Rumours a thread for the striker we definitely need...

49 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Danny Ings would be a really shrewd buy imo. Cheaper than Haaland, a very good back up or 1st choice option.

Haaland obviously would be great but everyone’s after him.

Agreed. Haaland is - along with Mbappe - deservedly the most sought-after striker in the world. Can't say I'm confident we can sign either, but it would be nice to have a go.

Ings is a tremendous striker. I had no idea how good he was till he started banging them in for Southampton. He's a brilliant finisher, but also - like Kane - a really intelligent footballer who makes things happen.

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Danny Ings would be a really shrewd buy imo. Cheaper than Haaland, a very good back up or 1st choice option.

Haaland obviously would be great but everyone’s after him.

Yeah I think Ings would definitely be worth going for. He's exactly what we need at the moment, the only risk is his injury record, though its been better since he went back to Southampton. 

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Yeah I think Ings would definitely be worth going for. He's exactly what we need at the moment, the only risk is his injury record, though its been better since he went back to Southampton. 

Before we buy anyone, we should insist they wear the full Chelsea kit and ask them to kick a ball into an empty goal

8 minutes ago, The Rising Sun said:

Before we buy anyone, we should insist they wear the full Chelsea kit and ask them to kick a ball into an empty goal

Blimey, asking a bit much of them aren't you....just getting it near would be good compared to some we've had over the years.

Watching Haaland right now for Dortmund the guy is a truly special talent. Mbapps showed what he's all about yesterday. Both are elite options, but the problem is the competition for them. I'm still convinced Werner, Abraham and Kai can all be number 9s for us the question is if that's enough.

Really want to see Havertz in a false 9, I think it could be the best position for him and allows for other attacking players in the squad to make the starting 11.

If we can't get Mbappe or Haaland I think Kai could be the answer. Him and Werner as the striker force up top with either another winger, AM or Tammy(Mason, CHO, Puli or Ziyech). In some systems 2 of the players from the list above could accompany them.

@Ballack & Blu

Ings is a great finisher yet injury prone.

Kane won't come to Chelsea and we won't meet the £150m valuation.

Haaland does look a once in a generation talent which makes me think he will end up in Spain.

Not sure on Mbappe as his game is very much built on speed.

Calvert-Lewin is an interesting shout as he has come on a lot. 

Lukaku is better than we have yet for me not a top striker.

Who is Martinez?

22 hours ago, dkw said:

But he would be no good if and when we play on Sundays because he's off giving kiddies rides on the beach at Weston-Super-Mare.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

@Ballack & Blu

Haaland does look a once in a generation talent which makes me think he will end up in Spain.

Who is Martinez?

Lautaro Martinez of Inter Milan https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lautaro_Martínez, looks like a carbon copy of Aguero

On 18/02/2021 at 09:03, Strider6003 said:

@Ballack & Blu

Who is Martinez?

“Not sure on Mbappe” - wow, first time I’ve ever heard that. And probably the last.

On 17/02/2021 at 14:47, LongtimerLurker said:

Watching Haaland right now for Dortmund the guy is a truly special talent. Mbapps showed what he's all about yesterday. Both are elite options, but the problem is the competition for them. I'm still convinced Werner, Abraham and Kai can all be number 9s for us the question is if that's enough.

Really want to see Havertz in a false 9, I think it could be the best position for him and allows for other attacking players in the squad to make the starting 11.

If we can't get Mbappe or Haaland I think Kai could be the answer. Him and Werner as the striker force up top with either another winger, AM or Tammy(Mason, CHO, Puli or Ziyech). In some systems 2 of the players from the list above could accompany them.

I would like to see Kai up top in a 2, as well, with Werner. He played well as a 9 with Leverkusen, and this would have the added benefit of removing a piece from the midfield playing time conundrum. Not to mention it would save us quite a big chunk of cash.

I was a believer in Abraham but he’s been struggling lately, Giroud is not a regular starter but can serve a purpose in cup games or as an impact sub, and Werner works best playing off of another 9 (I do still think he’s being deployed too far on the left but that’s another discussion entirely).

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

I'm convinced we could sign M'Bappe or Haaland and they would immediately turn sh*t regardless. 

The striker curse at Chelsea has destroyed my confidence in forwards. I've seen far too many flops here. 

Just as well sign Benteke then on a Free....f**k me we can't do any worse than what we have can we? 

On 18/02/2021 at 10:03, Strider6003 said:

@Ballack & Blu

Who is Martinez?

Don't forget we still have the Belgian 'fox in the box' on loan at Palace, he could come back and score hat fulls............................................but there again

Doesnt matter who we buy for millions of pounds..

For some reason strikers, once joining chelsea, and having been so prolific elsewhere, seem to lose memories of how big the goal is..also forgetting where abouts that same goal is....really pixxes me off....i do like the fact, and its about time too, that thomas doesnt allow any player to be bigger than the club....the team.....on saying this every team has had dodgy results...look at liverpool especially.....football can bring you to highs and lows in a blink of an eye....

7 hours ago, Mike Carefree said:

Doesnt matter who we buy for millions of pounds..

For some reason strikers, once joining chelsea, and having been so prolific elsewhere, seem to lose memories of how big the goal is..also forgetting where abouts that same goal is....really pixxes me off....i do like the fact, and its about time too, that thomas doesnt allow any player to be bigger than the club....the team.....on saying this every team has had dodgy results...look at liverpool especially.....football can bring you to highs and lows in a blink of an eye....

Yes there is a long list of failures and a few that have had decent stints before the big money came in there was Speedie, Dixon, Mark Stein,  John Spencer, JFH and then Ba and Drogba after the money arrived.

10 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Yes there is a long list of failures and a few that have had decent stints before the big money came in there was Speedie, Dixon, Mark Stein,  John Spencer, JFH and then Ba and Drogba after the money arrived.

Mark Hughes, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Gianfranco Zola....