Palace v Chelsea (PL) SAT 10th Apr 2021 17:30 GMT

coco

Just now, just said:

I feel inspired by the line up. 3-0 Chelsea. Jorginho hat-trick. Pink socks with Green pinstripes. 

Liverpool have just scored the winner in 91st minute.

3 points is a must today as Liverpool jam another late winner despite a sh*t performance.....speaking of which I see Ross having another cracking game totally looking lost out there w/o Grealish. 

8 minutes ago, dkw said:

Defensive with a false 9 at home to Crystal f**king Palace....

We play at Selhurst Park :wink: But otherwise, yes, the usual but without a recognised striker.

With Liverpool winning in extra-time and overtaking us into the Top 4 this is a must win now. Liverpool has the easier fixture list and may very well not have the CL to worry about after midweek.

So we absolutely need to maintain our two point advantage over them.

2 minutes ago, RMH said:

We play at Selhurst Park :wink: But otherwise, yes, the usual but without a recognised striker.

Ah bugger, for some reason I thought this was at home. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Struggling to score goals from open play? 

Don't play a centre forward. 

72wy5nqE_400x400.jpg

To be honest, given the record in the last games, I’d play with all defenders, I’d put Alonso, Emerson, Chilly, Zouma all that there are on the pitch, we’d score more with them than with the strikers we have.

10 minutes ago, dkw said:

Defensive with a false 9 at home to Crystal f**king Palace....

I cannot stand the false 9. When Conte tried it, it didn't work, Sarri tried it, it didn't work, now Tuchel is trying it and it's not worked so far. It's like we are going through the same tried and tested failings under every new manager.

7 minutes ago, Andy2461 said:

Feel so bad for billy at least he drives us forward and not backwards it side ways. 

I hope he still gets a place in the Scottish team for the Euros. Makes you wonder why Tuchel didn't want him to go out on loan.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

I cannot stand the false 9. When Conte tried it, it didn't work, Sarri tried it, it didn't work, now Tuchel is trying it and it's not worked so far. It's like we are going through the same tried and tested failings under every new manager.

Havertz at 9 did work against Everton and Atletico though. As a matter of fact I thought his game against Everton was the most complete striker performance of the season. Also top notch against Atletico.

Just now, Sindre said:

Havertz at 9 did work against Everton and Atletico though. As a matter of fact I thought his game against Everton was the most complete striker performance of the season. Also top notch against Atletico.

This is true, but I think it was the tempo of the team that got us the performances and results rather than the formation. 

False 9 always feels like a desperate formation to use when your strikers aren't doing the job. 

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

This is true, but I think it was the tempo of the team that got us the performances and results rather than the formation. 

False 9 always feels like a desperate formation to use when your strikers aren't doing the job. 

You mean when the only striker you trust of the three available is not doing the job, don’t you?

9 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

That don't impress me much, needed James to start, Zaha is going to love running at Dave, oh and who is going to score goals, can't rely on mount to dig us out all the time..

Pulisic!!! Him and Mount are our best players

13 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

This year's runaway leaders and last year's runaway champions predominantly played false 9. Not to mention Kai went up a level last season in that position.

8 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Not always but I do feel like Conte isn't the best coach to utilise a false 9 since he isn't primarily an attacking coach. When he used it he was really trying to make us even better defensively by using Pedro and Willian's work rate I assume the same with Sarri.

The problem is when they used it they played Eden. Hazard himself prefers to play with another striker and tbh he is better on the left. It essentially made our best player less effective.

I  can understand why some people aren't a fan when we play it. I think the false 9 is only really effective when you have goal scoring wingers or goal scoring midfielders which we don't.

21 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Probably for the best, I think this lot perform better under pressure. When we have a gap we tend to get a little complacent. Hopefully the Liverpool result spurs them on.

Hopefully nothing “Spurs” them