Chelsea v FC Porto (CL) Tue 13th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

coco

Mendy

Zouma        Silva       Rudiger

James     Kante    Kovacic          Chilly

Mount                     Pulisic

Havertz

We can't hope for a draw... They will get a chance and it seems like every chance the opposition get they seem to score from.. Keep them pinned back in their own half and be patient until Pulisic is ready to dribble past them all..   :0) 

Based on what we saw today and the lineup picked I think TT will stick with Jorgi and Kova in the middle and rotate the wingbacks. Werner to return in place of a left forward who actually managed to score some goals.

Mendy

Azpi

Silva

Rudiger 

James

Jorgi

Kova

Alonso

Mount

Havertz

Werner

We saw they are able to press high from the first leg. They didn't take the chances they created. They have their two main goal scorers back from suspension for the 2nd leg.

Mendy

Zouma        Silva       Rudiger

James     Kante    Kovacic          Chilly

Mount                     Pulisic

Havertz

I'm not usually a fan of using a false 9 but given how it worked yesterday I would start with it for this game.

Edited by just

5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Based on what we saw today and the lineup picked I think TT will stick with Jorgi and Kova in the middle and rotate the wingbacks. Werner to return in place of a left forward who actually managed to score some goals.

Mendy

Azpi

Silva

Rudiger 

James

Jorgi

Kova

Alonso

Mount

Havertz

Werner

This is the team I expect to see unless Tuchel adds Zouma to the back line to deal with setpieces. Porto totally dominated us in the set piece department in the first leg. All they did was make sure that the ball didnt go to where Rudiger was since he was our only Defender who had the physicallity to deal with them .Due to this I expect Alonso to start over Chilwell.

I do think that we have a healthy lead but that previous win didn't fully reflect on how we were doing, Porto had a good first game but the slight details in key moments made us win.

We did look more decisive and more clinical but now Porto will have their best players so we are yet to see just how dangerous they can be. We and Man City are the teams that Porto didn't manage to score against but I'm pretty sure that Porto will score against us in this second leg. This isn't over yet.

I also think its a case of how long..

Let me explain...

If we can stop porto scoring first early , because they will hit us hard, itll give us firstly the confidence to defend, then play, then attack them...if they score early its possible we ll go to pieces, but i expect a first half goal from us....too much pressure for porto to score 3 therefore trying too hard and eventually failing

36 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

This is the team I expect to see unless Tuchel adds Zouma to the back line to deal with setpieces. Porto totally dominated us in the set piece department in the first leg. All they did was make sure that the ball didnt go to where Rudiger was since he was our only Defender who had the physicallity to deal with them .Due to this I expect Alonso to start over Chilwell.

We could really minimize the threat of set pieces by adding Zouma,  though I judt do not see TT dropping Dave, he is the most untouchable of his team. 

He could also bring Giroud in for Havertz. Then you would have 4 (Zouma, Giroud, Silva, Rudiger) who are excellent in the air and 2 (Alonso and James) who are physically strong.

We should assume Porto will get the two away goals over 90 mins, so we should play to score two in the first 45 mins and destroy their theory, play like we did the weekend and finish the game off quickly. I would pick the same team as against Palace, but finish the game with James for CHO, Kante for Jorginho, and Werner for Pulisic.

I could see Werner starting alongside Havertz again due to his speed (+ him being rested). I'd also defo start Reece again since I'd prefer his physicality against a "dirty" Porto side - lol. Partial about Thiago/ Zouma - the first does have the experience which will be needed against a side like Porto (but that didn't hold him back against WestBrom..) but I also would love to see the beast-like Zouma. Tough decision tbh.

Maybe Kante over Jorgi but he'd have to be at 100% and that is impossible to determine without inside knowledge.

Not feeling the normal anxiety over this one.

I think it is in part that whoever we would face in the semi of we get past Porto, has such superior firepower to us that I dont rate our chances very highly.

59 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Not feeling the normal anxiety over this one.

I think it is in part that whoever we would face in the semi of we get past Porto, has such superior firepower to us that I dont rate our chances very highly.

I agree when it comes to Real Madrid. Especially since Varane, Carvahal and may be Ramos will be back for the semis.

If Liverpool somehow make it I am 100% sure we will expose that excuse of a defence they have, especially their over hyped Right back

I've seen Tuchel shut down both Madrid as well as Liverpool with PSG already (the latter even in the PL with Chelsea as well too) so I wouldn't lose any sleep over those two but both can beat us, of course. I would't be fooled by the classico yesterday though since Barca is nowhere near our level (or any CL competitor level really) right now and make any decent opponent look good. In either case I'd say it's a 50/50 match.

Porto get their best players back for this tie so their xG (1,5) can well materialize in the second leg. 

Anyway we are massive favourites to go through and I believe we will but I think it will get hairy.

Maybe Porto scores at 30mins and after that it is very tough for us to decide wheter to attack or to sit back. No matter what Tuchel says to players they will make the reaction and play accordingly. 

I feel we can start with front foot and really go for that third goal. If we do Porto heads will surely drop. 

It is Champions League so I will enjoy it no matter what. 

7 hours ago, evissy said:

Porto get their best players back for this tie so their xG (1,5) can well materialize in the second leg. 

Anyway we are massive favourites to go through and I believe we will but I think it will get hairy.

Maybe Porto scores at 30mins and after that it is very tough for us to decide wheter to attack or to sit back. No matter what Tuchel says to players they will make the reaction and play accordingly. 

I feel we can start with front foot and really go for that third goal. If we do Porto heads will surely drop. 

It is Champions League so I will enjoy it no matter what. 

Indeed enjoy because there is a decent chance we wont be in it next season.

47 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Did he discuss our sock choices? Always skim over the important topics in these things!

I'm guessing white socks and young Billy stayed home as a protest for not going with a plane full of blue socks.