Following Our Nearest And Dearest Rivals 2021/22

2 minutes ago, goose said:

Out of the top 3 I think probably Liverpool on their day have the strongest team especially with Salah in the form he is in. However they are by far the weakest squad of the three and for that reason Klopp treats the FA cup with complete contempt and makes no effort to win it playing mostly reserves.

Liverpool are only a couple of injuries from being League winning contenders to fighting for top 4. Also does Salah not head off to the African nations in Jan for 4 weeks.

I think Chelsea and City to scrap it out for the League with City slight favourites and Liverpool third. 

Will see. Someone said in this thread it will only be 2 league games against Brentford and Palace Salah misses.

3 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Will see. Someone said in this thread it will only be 2 league games against Brentford and Palace Salah misses.

Those are the type of games they sometimes tend to drop points though. Crystal Palace is improving every week and Brentford already proved that they can take points from liverpool

5 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

And Mendy only misses City and Spuds for us. 🤣

I still think they will pick up injuries. We have dealt with our injuries well since the start of the season, don’t think they could do that.

35 minutes ago, goose said:

I still think they will pick up injuries. We have dealt with our injuries well since the start of the season, don’t think they could do that.

Terry in goal? although I have faith in Arrizabalaga 

Edited by azpi28

16 minutes ago, goose said:

Will see where the club world cup fits in 😉

Kepa was fine against Spurs, and with Mendy City still beat us. Without him probably will be hiding.

5 hours ago, azpi28 said:

when will we know about the World Cup? 

Not sure, think it is in Dubai now...Yay....

End of the day I did not expect Brighton or United to get anything off of City or Pool. Brighton are a decent enough side but they are where they are as they mainly have played all the bottom sides. United are just garbage at the mo.

Realistically pool and City will win almost all their remaining games, they are both really exceptional sides and we will have to be as exceptional to stay with them.

It's lovely to see Ole's mates trying to save him by saying he's the only right fix for United. Nevill reckons Conte is the wrong fit, sure that man has a temper and like to stir up a fight with the owner, but he also knows how to win games, titles and setup a team. God forbid if Conte had 3 years with this United team. It's their loss really, I expect United to beat Spurs, then everything will be great again.

35 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

It's lovely to see Ole's mates trying to save him by saying he's the only right fix for United. Nevill reckons Conte is the wrong fit, sure that man has a temper and like to stir up a fight with the owner, but he also knows how to win games, titles and setup a team. God forbid if Conte had 3 years with this United team. It's their loss really, I expect United to beat Spurs, then everything will be great again.

They’re talking about Zidane but personally I don’t think Zidane was even that good of a manager. Don’t think he was tactically great. And I think he knows it too because he doesn’t want to take another job it seems. Also Zidane doesn’t speak English as far as I know.

2 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

I am not sure about Conte. Conte system always revolve around on his main cf Lukaku, costa, etc which mean Cavani will play 100%. 

If Cavani has to play and I assume Ronaldo has to be played which mean there is one spot left for bruno, sancho, greenwood, Rashford that is just crazy. 

Thankfully, the United board have no idea what they’re doing and believe in the “United” way…whatever that is. 

That means they won’t hire Conte and will either give Ole time or hire someone rubbish. 

Neville makes me laugh sticking up for his mate, he’s so biased. Everyone can see Ole is poor apart from him. 

3 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Would not like to see Conte at United. He'd get them in shape real quick.

Might piss of and bench Ronaldo to do it but he'd make contenders out of them.

Thankfully I think the United board will consider Conte too toxic. They’ve had their fingers burned with Jose so it might put them off. 

Zidaine might interesting. 

2 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Thankfully I think the United board will consider Conte too toxic. They’ve had their fingers burned with Jose so it might put them off. 

Zidaine might interesting. 

Could well be. I see he's made himself available but it's certainly not a long-term appointment which I suspect United are looking for.

Brendan Rodgers might be in with a shout.

Hopefully they just keep Solskjaer though.

52 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Could well be. I see he's made himself available but it's certainly not a long-term appointment which I suspect United are looking for.

Brendan Rodgers might be in with a shout.

Hopefully they just keep Solskjaer though.

Whoever in charge of United will have massive headache. This united team simply has too many "stars" 

4 hours ago, BordeauxBlue said:

Ole is a dead man walking. 

Just hope United go the sentimental route again. If they get Conte and back him we all know what could happen. 

Conte maybe doesn't even have the players he needs in order to play in the way he usually plays his teams. In regards to Man United spending money each year, Conte could also have bad beats and sign a new kind of Bakayoko, Drinkwater and so on.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Conte maybe doesn't even have the players he needs in order to play in the way he usually plays his teams. In regards to Man United spending money each year, Conte could also have bad beats and sign a new kind of Bakayoko, Drinkwater and so on.

I just don't see Conte taking over a side mid season. 

There's too much work there for him to do and he's too meticulous to want to walk into a side that looks as disjointed as that United side. 

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He does 100%. It's hard to understate the quality United have in that squad. 

That they played so badly for well over a year and yet still pick up so many wins/draws, often underservedly, baffles belief. 

Need I remind you that he brought the best out of Moses and Alonso, two players we thought were distinctly average (to put it kindly). 

24 minutes ago, BordeauxBlue said:

He does 100%. It's hard to understate the quality United have in that squad. 

That they played so badly for well over a year and yet still pick up so many wins/draws, often underservedly, baffles belief. 

Need I remind you that he brought the best out of Moses and Alonso, two players we thought were distinctly average (to put it kindly). 

Conte had, in the title winning season, Cahill, Terry, David Luiz, Azpi, Zouma, as choices in the defence. Moses had a wonder season and faded after that and Alonso has his ups and downs through a season, but he is still one of the best wingbacks when on the up. Who do they have that can make Utd a solid defensive, counterattacking side? Maguire, lindeloff, Shaw, it is a joke of a line. They do have quality up front, I’m not denying it, and a decent coach would have them fighting for top 4, but we’ll behind City, Pool and us. Conte can’t make miracles with that joke of a back line.