Chelsea v Spuds (PL) Sun 14th Aug 2022 16:30 GMT

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

6 hours ago, JM7 said:

It will be a tough game and we will need to be much better. Spurs seem fitter than us as well thanks to Conte’s pre season. 

Certainly will. I am concerned about it, Conte is a top, top manager when focused. 

Fortunately we have a secret weapon. @Valerie in full training kit and lots of ice cream. You got this Val?

42 minutes ago, azpi28 said:

Game Cheating GIF

Confirmed: Anthony Taylor will take charge of #Chelsea's Premier League clash vs Tottenham Hotspur. VAR: Mike Dean

Ah thank you again DaZn! Really don't want my weekend spoiled by the Mancunian tw@t. Reading about it bad enough, watching it...

Episode One Armchair GIF by PBS

28 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Certainly will. I am concerned about it, Conte is a top, top manager when focused. 

Fortunately we have a secret weapon. @Valerie in full training kit and lots of ice cream. You got this Val?

Don't put all this pressure on me @axman2526 :beg:  Certainly not after you praise Conte into high heavens, I 'm apprehensive enough as it is knowing Anthony Taylor and Mike Dean will be pulling the strings.

50 minutes ago, just said:

I don't think Conte will pick him. He will go for Bissouma.

Thar Daniel Levy eh Just, he really is a tough as nails negotiator. Bissouma for a mere 25mill. How much would have he got Brighton to let him buy Cucurella for? 

I know we beat them easily 4 times last season but I don't think we faced them after they signed kulu and bentacur. 

They looked very good against soton. With kulu and bentacur they are a completely different team, not sure it is going to be as easy as last season. 

22 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

I know we beat them easily 4 times last season but I don't think we faced them after they signed kulu and bentacur. 

They looked very good against soton. With kulu and bentacur they are a completely different team, not sure it is going to be as easy as last season. 

those two have improved the team quite a bit and yet were largely unknown prior to spurs. and we know the team will be super fit with conte. And conte plays his wing backs to really attack. He is a very good coach, one of the very best. Maybe the team will blow up at the end of the season but they will perform in the league this year. 

2 hours ago, ozboy said:

those two have improved the team quite a bit and yet were largely unknown prior to spurs. and we know the team will be super fit with conte. And conte plays his wing backs to really attack. He is a very good coach, one of the very best. Maybe the team will blow up at the end of the season but they will perform in the league this year. 

I haven't watched spud for full 90 after they signed those 2 until last week and they looked very good.I thought son did not play well and kane was OK but it did not matter. Kulu was fantastic, bentacur looks very good. 50m for this two was a bargain. 

What is interesting watching spurs is how different their 343 compare to us. Their two pivot are pivot, they rarely move forward. They create overload by having their two wide CB getting forward. Their two wide fw, kulu and Son was playing typical wide forward. They are free to go inside or outside. Sometimes son even play as st with Kane as 10 which make opp defense play very narrow then sessegnon is free attack far post. 

3 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Yep, they will be a completely different prospect to last season. Now have good options off the bench too.

There are two things in our favour:

1. As @Argo has pointed out Conte may be more cautious in his approach to this fixture than our form and personnel merit.

2. Eric Dier.

I think the key to this game is gonna be winning the midfield battles.

2 hours ago, just said:

Yep, they will be a completely different prospect to last season. Now have good options off the bench too.

There are two things in our favour:

1. As @Argo has pointed out Conte may be more cautious in his approach to this fixture than our form and personnel merit.

2. Eric Dier.

I think the key to this game is gonna be winning the midfield battles.

Agree, Conte will definitely play very defensive and that is a good thing for us.

I am not sure about midfield battle. Conte does not care much about possession. 

Usually when you play spurs, it is all about stopping son and kane. Hence I think Tuchel  will pick james as rcb against son. I will also pick Azpi as RWB. 

Offensively, I really don't know. Stretch front 3 is probably our best bet to open spurs up. Kai cf, mount lw, sterling rw is my pick. Mount tuck in more and let cucurella overlap. Kai as false 9,sterling as rw. 

8 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Kulusevski in particular looks very good and needs to be well contained. That being said I watched some of their game against Saints and their defense still isn't convincing.

2 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Agree, Conte will definitely play very defensive and that is a good thing for us.

Usually when you play spurs, it is all about stopping son and kane. Hence I think Tuchel  will pick james as rcb against son. I will also pick Azpi as RWB. 

Offensively, I really don't know. Stretch front 3 is probably our best bet to open spurs up. Kai cf, mount lw, sterling rw is my pick. Mount tuck in more and let cucurella overlap. Kai as false 9,sterling as rw. 

I'd like to see us start Broja instead of Kai. Broja caused Spurs a lot of problems when he played for Saints against them last season. 

3 hours ago, Bob stark said:

Kane drops into the space between the opponent's defence and midfield to receive the ball and link up play, which he often does really well. We need to make sure he doesn't have that space to operate in.