Chelsea v Spuds (PL) Sun 14th Aug 2022 16:30 GMT

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Sorry to post here, but i don't know where else, cause I can't post in the ticket topic...

I'm from austria and got two adult tickets vs Spurs. I was in contact with some covid-positive and eventually can't flight over with my daughter. Is there any safe way to sell it to a Chelsea fan (face value of course)?

1 hour ago, just said:

Kane drops into the space between the opponent's defence and midfield to receive the ball and link up play, which he often does really well. We need to make sure he doesn't have that space to operate in.

Kante is fit so we should be fine in that area. 

Kane will get some touches in the midfield, that much is a given. On paper Spurs maybe even have more depth in the attack but how much possession will Conte be okey with, given his history even if his squad is more ready than ours, he'll go for a more defensive approach.

Basically we must avoid any real counter-attack and that's going to be hard to avoid for the full 90'min but because of it we can at the very least be confident that a lot of time will be spent without much happening, unless Conte instructs his midfield to push forward. The one obvious situation I'm concerned about is how well will our backline do in a potential 1on1 situation vs Son/Kulusevski because Azpilicueta simply doesn't have the pace and Koulibaly is still new so one slight error there and we can be punished.

Part from Kante, James vs Sessegnon/Perisic is one of the key matchups and also their new full-back Emerson vs Chilwell/Coocoo, whoever scores first will probably win the match.

4 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Both teams would take a draw now if it's offered. They are better than us in the final third, but their defence is still suspect, so I dobut Conte will go for it. It will be a cagey game with both teams trying to capture on mistakes. I would play an extra MF and make it a 352

No, we should not be thinking that way. We need to set down a marker. Our woeful home form must improve.

This game shouldn't concern me because......well, it's Tottenham, but there is a lot stacked against.

Our home record sucks, it really needs to improve this season. The Bridge has become a library, fans seem fed up. I can't blame them either, our football has completely gone to sh*t. It's possibly more boring than it's ever been, maybe more boring than it was under Sarri, and I hated almost everything about the way we played under Sarri.

Tottenham have had a resurgence and look far more prepared for the season than we do.

Conte looks like he wants it, and when he is in this mood, his teams are pretty ruthless.

8 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

This game shouldn't concern me because......well, it's Tottenham, but there is a lot stacked against.

Our home record sucks, it really needs to improve this season. The Bridge has become a library, fans seem fed up. I can't blame them either, our football has completely gone to sh*t. It's possibly more boring than it's ever been, maybe more boring than it was under Sarri, and I hated almost everything about the way we played under Sarri.

Tottenham have had a resurgence and look far more prepared for the season than we do.

Conte looks like he wants it, and when he is in this mood, his teams are pretty ruthless.

Tbf the sanctions hurt our home support. Can see Conte giving us too much respect for the 4th time. 

Hope Tuchel bins off both Mount and Havertz if they dare to replicate their Everton performance. 

Mendy

James Silva Koulibaly

RLC  Kante Kovacic Cucurella

Mount  Havertz  Sterling

9 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

This (or Sarri) will never get close to Carlo and Conte's respective seasons and don't get me started on the Jose meltdown period.

10 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

From football enjoyment pov,  it is probably worse because at least back then we had hazard. Sterling has been interesting but he is no eden. The best part of last week game imo was cucu smash ball. 

Yes it was the performance last week that disappointed. As stated I much prefer kova and Jorginho to Kante and Jorginho even though Kante is the better player. It is a long season and last year man c started slowly. 

Mendy

James              Silva.           Koulibaly.            Chilwell

Kante

Gallagher.        Kovacic

Mount.                 Havertz.          Sterling 

Go for it TT. 

We normally play better against a more attacking side, but maybe depends how Spurs set up.

Whether we win or not who knows, we can only hope we pull out a performance against a direct rival, but I wouldn't be surprised to lose though as Spurs look fairly decent.

After last weeks pretty dire performance, you're never really sure what to expect.

Doesn't TT normally go 4 at the back against Spurs?

Their media machine has certainly been earning its crust... the narrative is Spurs have been running all summer and are now fit as a fiddle. Hope our players don't start believing it 

With Sterling set for the false 9 Role again it seems likely only one position is up for grabs on Sunday

Mendy

Dave

Silva

Koulibaly 

James

Kante

Jorginho 

Cucurella

Mount

Sterling

Havertz/Broja/Gallagher/Ziyech/Pulisic/CHO