Chelsea v Spuds (PL) Sun 14th Aug 2022 16:30 GMT

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

28 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I mean if Sterling is fine with that, why not play Havertz as a false 9 in the middle?

Is that the middle seat on the bench? Havertz has been seriously underachieving for quite a while now. We all can see he has talent but he really needs a rocket up his arse.

2 minutes ago, charierre said:

Is that the middle seat on the bench? Havertz has been seriously underachieving for quite a while now. We all can see he has talent but he really needs a rocket up his arse.

I do agree that he has been bad in our last few matches but he isn't playing as our number 9. Broja came in and automatically went to play in the central area, Kai didn't do that it was Sterling in the middle.

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

How are you feeling ahead of this @just?

I remember you having Spuds at work or around your home area.

Feeling confident?

My home area is known by local football fans as Tottenham Town. They used to play their reserve games at Stevenage Borough and had an official club shop in the town centre.

I moved last October. It's much nicer here. 

I'll be happy with a draw on Sunday. 

it is always an advantage to be under dogs. In this long season it is quite possible that some teams will peak a bit early. Spurs are clearly in pretty much peak shape right now. We just as clearly and for whatever reason are not.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Quite a few pundits are predicting a Spurs win. Sounds like they come to us as favorites.

Sadly been listening to it all day....I will be shocked if they win on Sunday.  One win over a poor Southampton outfit does not make them Champions elect, or overall good enough to beat us.  I think Sterling will be key if he starts to drive into their box; the Spurs defence isn't that good and I am sure they will leave a leg or two for Sterling to trip over.  We should have enough to keep Kane / Son quiet my only fear is if we play high up the pitch and lose the ball because we haven't got the legs to get back. 

1 hour ago, CFCCAN said:

Sadly been listening to it all day....I will be shocked if they win on Sunday.  One win over a poor Southampton outfit does not make them Champions elect, or overall good enough to beat us.  I think Sterling will be key if he starts to drive into their box; the Spurs defence isn't that good and I am sure they will leave a leg or two for Sterling to trip over.  We should have enough to keep Kane / Son quiet my only fear is if we play high up the pitch and lose the ball because we haven't got the legs to get back. 

The main reason why I think we should play  James in the RCB role

So we put KK to replace Rudi, Sterling is an upgrade on anything we have upfront.. CC is an upgrade on emerson/alonso.. i would argue we have updated our first XI... apart from bousomma i dont see the other players improving their first 11.. they still have Dier at the back.. and listening to the pundits you would think we are some mid table side not the team that has finished top 4 consecutively for the last 4 seasons and won the ucl with this team a couple of weeks back... 

It will be typical for us to smash them and shut these pundits up.

5 hours ago, Jangz said:

So we put KK to replace Rudi, Sterling is an upgrade on anything we have upfront.. CC is an upgrade on emerson/alonso.. i would argue we have updated our first XI... apart from bousomma i dont see the other players improving their first 11.. they still have Dier at the back.. and listening to the pundits you would think we are some mid table side not the team that has finished top 4 consecutively for the last 4 seasons and won the ucl with this team a couple of weeks back... 

It will be typical for us to smash them and shut these pundits up.

Would love to keep up tradition of smashing the f**kers, but i think they are  settled better than us at the moment. Wont be too unhappy with a draw to be honest.

ps. You'll never shut up the anti pundits. They'll be drooling over Conte, Kane, Son etc.etc.

It would be so sweet to beat them tomorrow and knock them down a peg or two. All I’ve heard in the build up is how wonderful Spurs are and how sh*t we are and what an awful transfer window we’ve had. Not sure I can stand much more Spud loving from the national media if they were to win, so would take a draw right now. Hopefully we start on the front foot and the crowd helps to push us on to 3 points! 

Spuds have always been dangerous going forward. Time will tell, but to me they have not improved the first 11 as much as everyone is saying. Squad yes but first 11 no. We need to improve keeping possession and ensure we work high up the pitch. Do that and we will win I cannot see as many players snoozing for this match, well one hopes.

On 11/08/2022 at 23:51, just said:

Mendy

James              Silva.           Koulibaly.            Chilwell

Kante

Gallagher.        Kovacic

Mount.                 Havertz.          Sterling 

Go for it TT. 

Now that's a starting line up I would love to see @just

Pray TT doesn't start Jorgi for this one. Been seeing clips on the web this week where Son goes past him as if he was "running" in quicksand and sticks the ball in the back of the net.

We need energy for this game, no room for anyone who can get pissed all over as if they're not there.

COME ON THE CHELS!!

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

Now that's a starting line up I would love to see @just

Pray TT doesn't start Jorgi for this one. Been seeing clips on the web this week where Son goes past him as if he was "running" in quicksand and sticks the ball in the back of the net.

We need energy for this game, no room for anyone who can get pissed all over as if they're not there.

COME ON THE CHELS!!

If Jorginho plays tomorrow we will have to concede 6 for his average goals against vs Spurs to hit 1 a game.

4 minutes ago, Argo said:

If Jorginho plays tomorrow we will have to concede 6 for his average goals against vs Spurs to hit 1 a game.

But this is a Conte Spurs side who are a whole lot more dangerous than any Spurs side we have played in a long time. No room for passengers and I just feel Gallager would be a much better option tomorrow.

Think we need a big performance and 3 points tomorrow. Arsenal and Spurs will be very close to is this season, they both have front 3's that will cause all teams problems. 

Pretty worrying tbh, been a long time since our attack looked dangerous, maybe last autumn before Chilwell got injured. 

I'm less confident than I usually am against spurs, so I'm 95% sure we will win tomorrow. 

16 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Gut feeling is we will lose this one. Will be down to Thiago if we manage to avoid defeat imo.
                                                                                  Tuchel

The Office Boss GIF

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

But this is a Conte Spurs side who are a whole lot more dangerous than any Spurs side we have played in a long time. No room for passengers and I just feel Gallager would be a much better option tomorrow.

I don't disagree. But I highly doubt we will see that. Jorginho and Kante will start for sure.