Chelsea v Leeds United (FA Cup) Wed 28th Feb 24 19:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

The way we played in Conte's title winning season was better for me. Tuchel's was good in parts, but once the injuries hit, it went to sh*t. Sarri's football was the worst football I have ever seen played at this club.

Sarri would make Caicedo a world class player though, even if it didn't suit your taste.

10 minutes ago, forbzy said:

I'd still prefer United to beat Liverpool. They will be hurting if they go out of the cup to one of their arch-rivals. 

I may have the wrong end of the stick, but I'm thinking that the further Man City and Liverpool go in the FA Cup. the more likely is that there will be an extra European place up for grabs in the Europa League if one of them were to win the Cup, but already be qualified via Top 4 for the Champions League ?

I can't see United making Top 4 LOL

Edited by Sexyfootball

2 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

I may have the wrong end of the stick, but I'm thinking that the further Man City and Liverpool go in the FA Cup. the more likely is that there will be an extra European place up for grabs in the Europa League if one of them were to win the Cup, but already be qualified via Top 4 for the Champions League ?

I can't see United making Top 4 LOL

There may be some logic to that, but we are still some way off top 8 let alone higher. Is there still a possibility of a 5th Champions League spot depending on how English teams do in European comps this season? 

Just now, forbzy said:

There may be some logic to that, but we are still some way off top 8 let alone higher. Is there still a possibility of a 5th Champions League spot depending on how English teams do in European comps this season? 

Yes I believe so ... shame United and Newcastle let the side down by finishing last in their CL groups ... that didn't help. 

Full explanation here : https://www.football365.com/news/how-premier-league-teams-qualify-for-champions-league-and-europa-competitions-for-24-25 

42 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

In the words of the great Kevin Keegan, "I would absolute love it" if Liverpool's kids turn Manchester United over at Old Trafford in the next round.

Wipe that smug grin right off Gary Neville's face LOL

Nah I'm not ruling us out of reaching the final and to see Liverpool there again would kill me. 

38 minutes ago, Munkunku said:

Hello. I’ve been out. Some up how sh*t we were and how lucky we are that Connor bailed us out again. Thank you. 

If leads than more composure we would be out of the Cup. They controlled most of the game and did most of the running.

Edited by El regreso

1 hour ago, mojo said:

@axman2526 working? could you please contact some canadian native shaman to put some sense into those merchants minds? selling Conor would just ... 

cheers on wednesday!

enjoy

SFatR.gif

SFa59.gif

SFa5Q.gif

Ah if I knew one I would try.

Though I think a hammer would be more effective....

10 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

Unfortunately only managed to listen to the first half on the radio and watched the 2nd half.  Boy oh boy these players are so frustrating to watch. I don’t think WernerJackson can trap and dribble a ball to save his life, and Billy Whizz Mudryk is much the same although cudos to each for their goals.  Sanchez should never put a goalie’s jersey on again for this club, Enzo and Caicedo were better today and will always be more productive when closer to each other.  Sterling can piss off in the summer, he simply doesn’t put the effort in. Still once again a favourable draw should see us in the semi’s…..I’ll take it.  

thanks to everyone for their birthday wishes.

Just taking this opportunity to say "Happy birthday old lad" as I dont get the chance to say that much anymore 😅

Happy birthday @CFCCAN

Last night was all about the atmosphere. You could see that there was some tension in the crowd to begin with, and after their quick goal the atmosphere was on edge for a few seconds and it could have gone either way, to support the team or to booing the lot. Fortunately, it tilted towards supporting the team and a 'Chelsea! Chelsea!' roared through the stands. There were a few moments of annoyance among the stands, Jackson miscontrolling or loosing the ball when trying to dribble two defenders instead of going for the pass, and boos to Sterling when substituted. But, in general, the atmosphere was great. I guess that Leeds brings out the best of us.

Leeds supporters were fuming after the match and I haven't seen so much bile on an opposition supporters outside the stadium as last night (probably at level with the pikeys). Some shouting to our face things like Chelsea rent boys (I had an ugly Leeds thug bastard like half a meter from my face outside the Bridge shouting these things to every person walking in the other direction). Thankfully, the police were in the thousands around the Bridge because they were looking for trouble. The police had to enter the stadium and go to the Shed End because one of their fans fell from the Shed upper to the lower!

Anyway, a very lively atmosphere and we got the win, even though scarcely deserving it.

43 minutes ago, RMH said:

Happy birthday @CFCCAN

Last night was all about the atmosphere. You could see that there was some tension in the crowd to begin with, and after their quick goal the atmosphere was on edge for a few seconds and it could have gone either way, to support the team or to booing the lot. Fortunately, it tilted towards supporting the team and a 'Chelsea! Chelsea!' roared through the stands. There were a few moments of annoyance among the stands, Jackson miscontrolling or loosing the ball when trying to dribble two defenders instead of going for the pass, and boos to Sterling when substituted. But, in general, the atmosphere was great. I guess that Leeds brings out the best of us.

Leeds supporters were fuming after the match and I haven't seen so much bile on an opposition supporters outside the stadium as last night (probably at level with the pikeys). Some shouting to our face things like Chelsea rent boys (I had an ugly Leeds thug bastard like half a meter from my face outside the Bridge shouting these things to every person walking in the other direction). Thankfully, the police were in the thousands around the Bridge because they were looking for trouble. The police had to enter the stadium and go to the Shed End because one of their fans fell from the Shed upper to the lower!

Anyway, a very lively atmosphere and we got the win, even though scarcely deserving it.

Was at the game last night took my 7yo... cracking atmosphere, the Leeds fans were old school packing out the Shed End... as for our performance, ffs.. playing 5 aside football in and around our 18yd box, giving balls away needlessly, no leadership in the 2nd half until Connor and Palmer came on... Jackson Bambi on ice, Moises needs to settle........  as for chanting insults, " he's one of your own. Jimmy Saville , he's one of your own". takes some beating ....

We have some players who are technically gifted but they lack experience and apparently they don't know how to tackle. We spend a lot of time backing away from teams and giving them the initiative. We allow teams to walk towards us. Maybe we should have kept Jorghino? [I mean he would have at least been able to teach these players on the training ground].  We lack the leaders.  Technically gifted kids get lost and go MIA too easily.  This has been the problem all season.

2 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Finally saw the match. My f**king god our midfield was outplayed by a 17 year old and apparently Leeds were missing some pretty important players. 

Huge, huge goal for Gallagher. 

Midfield won't have Enzo for Leicester, suspended.