Is Madueke's laughter a breach of discipline?

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

22 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Genuinely couldn't give a toss. 

Different people react differently. 

They do indeed, and, as a few of alluded to, it represents the changing of the guard at the club from the JT, Lamps and Silva type of person, to the Maduekes and Jackson's.

8 minutes ago, Munkunku said:

I think there are big issues in the world than a young man laughing after losing a football match.

Certainly are, if you want to put the world to rights maybe make a topic for that in the none football section?

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Certainly are, if you want to put the world to rights maybe make a topic for that in the none football section?

He is spot on. You heard about the new watering down versions of scrabble?  Bloody outrageous. 

12 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

They do indeed, and, as a few of alluded to, it represents the changing of the guard at the club from the JT, Lamps and Silva type of person, to the Maduekes and Jackson's.

I care more about how they apply themselves on the pitch. Noni works hard. So does Jackson.

We may think they aren't good enough, but that isn't because they aren't trying. 

How someone reacts at full time is irrelevant. 

He can be decent for us but I do think there’s an attitude problem there with him and it’s likely why he hasn't started as many games for us over the course of the season. 

If we had the chance I would sell Mudryk and him tomorrow but it is what it is.

Saw a few mention he’s Palace level but just to put it in perspective. He wouldn’t even start for Palace right now and that’s the level of players we are currently dealing with. 

5 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I care more about how they apply themselves on the pitch. Noni works hard. So does Jackson.

We may think they aren't good enough, but that isn't because they aren't trying. 

How someone reacts at full time is irrelevant. 

I don't believe it is, but fair enough you think so.

46 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

This has some North Korean vibes, are players forbidden to laugh after a loss?

A bit extreme comparing it to North Korea.

It's a passionate sport. Surely you can see how bad it looks for a player to be laughing immediately after losing a semi final, especially when you see the complete opposite reaction from his teammate in front of him.

I think it's fair to question how much this all means to Madueke and whether we want that kind of thing at the club. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

It's a passionate sport. Surely you can see how bad it looks for a player to be laughing immediately after losing a semi final, especially when you see the complete opposite reaction from his teammate in front of him.

I think it's fair to question how much this all means to Madueke and whether we want that kind of thing at the club. 

Thank you Scott, a less extreme way of replying that I would have done. 

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

There seems to be no real context but just interpreting things by knee-jerking since well, the camera was in a particular angle, is it even known what was said between Grealish and Madueke?

It really can be a question about what's seen as extreme and what's not, Madueke might not have seen T.Silva crying but just the back of his head, so maybe, just maybe T.Silva was hyper-aware that this might have been the last chance to play a final in English football and was crying from a very personal standpoint while at the same time Madueke saw that as just the start of something bigger than just reaching the semi-finals which would have also been from his own angle.

I won't be judging Madueke for talking and laughing after the final whistle because I don't know anything about him, it's not enough for me to assume that he couldn't care less about winning or losing since all I see is that he's not faking an emotion for the cameras and is responding to Grealish in a positive manner and I personally don't believe that such a behaviour alone should trigger any kind of a discussion about whether or not Madueke should be at the club, maybe the two are friends outside of the pitch, I don't know.

So I don't know what to say, in my own personal life, half a year ago I lost my grandmother, somehow prior to that I avoided going to funerals since every other grandparent died before I was born or when I was too little so as it happened the first funeral I went to was for one of my dearest family members that I have loved the most in my life and it wasn't easy to see other people acting in a way that I would personally describe as strange or odd but I am mature enough to know that everyone deals with sadness and with stuff in their own ways, it's not always so straight-forward to see how much something means to someone. 

Good topic. I think Sterling should be shot everytime he walks away smiling after he has missed another sitter, or ignored an easy pass to a teammate for a tap in.

Me, @Nibs and @Kev56 are volunteering to be in the firing squad. Nicolas Jackson could also be in it but he would probably miss.

Edited by just

Grealish might have said " Jackson is a great striker, we want him at Citeh", and Madueke laughed in response .

What next ?

Fans showing disrespect for leaving in droves and not staying to applaud the team off ?

I hate it when fans desert their end of the stadium after a loss.

BUT I've done it enough times myself!

😜

On 21/04/2024 at 20:36, Gol15 said:

There seems to be no real context but just interpreting things by knee-jerking since well, the camera was in a particular angle, is it even known what was said between Grealish and Madueke?

It really can be a question about what's seen as extreme and what's not, Madueke might not have seen T.Silva crying but just the back of his head, so maybe, just maybe T.Silva was hyper-aware that this might have been the last chance to play a final in English football and was crying from a very personal standpoint while at the same time Madueke saw that as just the start of something bigger than just reaching the semi-finals which would have also been from his own angle.

I won't be judging Madueke for talking and laughing after the final whistle because I don't know anything about him, it's not enough for me to assume that he couldn't care less about winning or losing since all I see is that he's not faking an emotion for the cameras and is responding to Grealish in a positive manner and I personally don't believe that such a behaviour alone should trigger any kind of a discussion about whether or not Madueke should be at the club, maybe the two are friends outside of the pitch, I don't know.

So I don't know what to say, in my own personal life, half a year ago I lost my grandmother, somehow prior to that I avoided going to funerals since every other grandparent died before I was born or when I was too little so as it happened the first funeral I went to was for one of my dearest family members that I have loved the most in my life and it wasn't easy to see other people acting in a way that I would personally describe as strange or odd but I am mature enough to know that everyone deals with sadness and with stuff in their own ways, it's not always so straight-forward to see how much something means to someone. 

Thank you for your thoughtful comment on this situation mate, and for sharing your personal experience.

On 21/04/2024 at 14:03, Frankie8Lampard said:

Him laughing after the game is disgraceful and shows the current state of the club as others of mentioned however I don't think it warrants a fine. He should instead get a stern talking to and if his attitude doesn't change, drop him to the bench.

It’s the penalty incident that does it for me. He showed more emotion when Palmer took away his penalty in an already won match vs losing a cup semi final. Had that never happened I wouldn’t even be arsed.

I remember Essien laughing with Yaya Toure in 2012 after we lost at the Ethiad which guaranteed us not finishing in a Champions League place. Didn’t really mind it. 

39 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

It’s the penalty incident that does it for me. He showed more emotion when Palmer took away his penalty in an already won match vs losing a cup semi final. Had that never happened I wouldn’t even be arsed.

I remember Essien laughing with Yaya Toure in 2012 after we lost at the Ethiad which guaranteed us not finishing in a Champions League place. Didn’t really mind it. 

Context, is of course everything.

Essien, who at that point was already pretty much done in the game, post-injury on a personal level, post-Munich on a club level; already proved himself years prior to the fans. 

17 hours ago, The Rising Sun said:

Grealish might have said " Jackson is a great striker, we want him at Citeh", and Madueke laughed in response .

What next ?

Fans showing disrespect for leaving in droves and not staying to applaud the team off ?

I hate it when fans desert their end of the stadium after a loss.

BUT I've done it enough times myself!

😜

Top post. Whatever next! Are players who still wear long sleeves and gloves in April disrespecting the club and the fans? JT and Ivanovich wouldn't haven't those wet wipes anywhere near the starting lineup. Run around a bit more if you're feeling cold! Bloody snowflakes.