Ruben Amorim - Next Chelsea manager?

https://www.teamtalk.com/chelsea/next-chelsea-manager-amorim-hopes-lifted-three-options-emerge-leave-pochettino-facing-agonising-wait

Turned West Ham down, Liverpool getting Slot. Looks like we can get him if we really want him.

Would he be good for us? And would he want his sporting Striker Victor G and CB Diamonde as part of the deal to come?

11 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

I personally think he's the best available. Very intelligent manager. Still only speculation at the moment whether ownership want to keep Poch/are actually interested in Amorim. 

Petrovic

James Todibo Colwill

Gusto Caicedo Enzo Maatsen

Palmer   Nkunku

Gyökeres

Unfortunately Reece will be injured ,Maatsen will be gone and Nkunku will be on the treatment table  apart from that awesome😂

1 minute ago, hawkster said:

Unfortunately Reece will be injured ,Maatsen will be gone and Nkunku will be on the treatment table  apart from that awesome😂

You missed Colwill being out as well ;)

16 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

I personally think he's the best available. Very intelligent manager. Still only speculation at the moment whether ownership want to keep Poch/are actually interested in Amorim. 

Petrovic

James Todibo Colwill

Gusto Caicedo Enzo Maatsen

Palmer   Nkunku

Gyökeres

I reckon the Ivorian CB from Sporting is nailed on ahead of Todibo IF Amorim comes.

I, like many of my internet dilettante brethren, dedicate a lot of time to watching the Portuguese League. As a result I have a valid and well-informed opinion which is worthy of consideration. Take for example:

- Superficial similarity to José Mourinho (they are both Portuguese and won things at a young age);
- Premier League experience (he has Trincão and Liverpool legend Sebastián Coates in his team, as well as a guy called Marcus Edwards);
- Seems to play a back three (this might remind us of happier times under Tuchel/Conte);
- Has a high WhoScored rating;
- That JorginhoFTSZN guy on Twitter says he's quality. Trust me, he knows his stuff, he uses the words 'inverted' and 'half space' a lot.
- Have it on good authority that he would bring with him that Swedish guy whose name I can't spell (thought of it on the toilet).
- His name is Ruben which will make many of us think wistfully of Ruben Loftus-Cheek and all the wacky things Tuchel made him do.

Anyway, that is ironclad proof that he is the next coming of Guardiola/Sacchi/whoever. Plus my sources tell me he's interested (Portuguese bird I failed to chat up at the pub).

I have bene properly warming to the idea of Amorim as our next coach and then somebody has posted this. 23 passes and the first 17 completely and totally pointless. Not this sh!te again please.

21 hours ago, axman2526 said:

You missed Colwill being out as well 😉

I reckon the Ivorian CB from Sporting is nailed on ahead of Todibo IF Amorim comes.

I hope not, Diomande needs to spend at least another season learning at Sporting. 

Just now, Remodez said:

I hope not, Diomande needs to spend at least another season learning at Sporting. 

It's insane. Entrusting a 20 year old to replace Thiago Silva. Neither Diomande or Antonio Silva are ready for that. 

Todibo for me looks like a potential world class CB under a proper set up/manager. 

Fast, tall, can play on either side, good passing range and reads the game fairly well. 

9 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

It's insane. Entrusting a 20 year old to replace Thiago Silva. Neither Diomande or Antonio Silva are ready for that. 

Todibo for me looks like a potential world class CB under a proper set up/manager. 

Fast, tall, can play on either side, good passing range and reads the game fairly well. 

Yes but this is from the same people that, according to Fabrizio, were making real progress at bringing in Darwin Nunez from Liverpool until Klopp put a stop to it.

Imagine that, Jackson and Nunez trying to out do each other. Lmao.

It really depends on what the expectations would be. Set them too high and you're looking at a manager that is fairly young and that just took a huge step into the PL so all eyes would be on him while he would be trying to manage a squad that would have a significantly low average age, specially after T.Silva leaves. Then you also have the injury-prone players to manage as well.

He might find it all overwhelming, Andre-Villas Boas like.

Then there is also the back 3 high-line possession football, I'm not sure if that works in the PL on the long-term, isn't it obvious that the most stable system is the 4-3-3 that wins the league most of the time? We would need another set of full-backs that aren't injury-prone as well since that system fell apart under Tuchel when our main wing-backs weren't available.

On paper it might suit Nkunku to have another kind of a striker next to him and to attack through the central areas but that is not easy to do in the PL.

How long would his ideas take to implement with our current squad? A whole season maybe?

Edited by Gol15

On 26/04/2024 at 13:49, WhiteWall said:

I have bene properly warming to the idea of Amorim as our next coach and then somebody has posted this. 23 passes and the first 17 completely and totally pointless. Not this sh!te again please.

It's just modern football in a nutshell.

The bald guy in Manchester (the successful one) is a genius but he's also made football incredibly boring to watch and suck any sort of individual magic out of the game.

Edited by Sheva

8 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

He's my first choice for sure, I think we have the squad to suit his style with the addition of a striker and CB or two. 

Certainly warming to him, if, as the pundits reckon he's an advocate of vertical passing rather than this sideways rubbish, although that clip was disturbing for me.

Quite like the look of Thiago Motta of Bologna as well, but i think he is Juventus bound, although i also saw recently that the deal might not go through after all. Either of these could be good, with the right personnel for them to work with.

2 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Certainly warming to him, if, as the pundits reckon he's an advocate of vertical passing rather than this sideways rubbish, although that clip was disturbing for me.

Quite like the look of Thiago Motta of Bologna as well, but i think he is Juventus bound, although i also saw recently that the deal might not go through after all. Either of these could be good, with the right personnel for them to work with.

I wouldn't be concerned by it, I don't mind that sort of tactic for certain teams that we might need to draw out a bit, but Poch tried to do it against Arsenal who are happy to sit back and are well organised which is why it didn't work.

I saw earlier Di Marzio/Sky Italia said Thiago Motta to Juve is basically a done deal which is a great signing for them, shame for Bologna though given the season they've had

RDZ stock is falling and surely we won't hire TT back, so let's see what Amorim is all about. I don't know anything about Amorim so I just use this video. 

1st idea 

7 man build up and long ball 😂😂😂.  I rate Jackson very highly but aerial duel is one of his biggest weakness. Our "best" aerial threat is Borja that our board happily sent away. 

So yeah, not really a good idea. 

2nd idea

Wingback/winger running behind to stretch opp to open up passing lane through the middle. 

Our best run behind winger are Sterling and Chilwell which interestingly was our lineup at the start of the season. I don't think a lot people here in this forum will be happy if Amorim use that lineup. 

Just from these two things, I am not sure Amorim is a good fit for our team. 

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

RDZ stock is falling and surely we won't hire TT back, so let's see what Amorim is all about. I don't know anything about Amorim so I just use this video. 

1st idea 

7 man build up and long ball 😂😂😂.  I rate Jackson very highly but aerial duel is one of his biggest weakness. Our "best" aerial threat is Borja that our board happily sent away. 

So yeah, not really a good idea. 

2nd idea

Wingback/winger running behind to stretch opp to open up passing lane through the middle. 

Our best run behind winger are Sterling and Chilwell which interestingly was our lineup at the start of the season. I don't think a lot people here in this forum will be happy if Amorim use that lineup. 

Just from these two things, I am not sure Amorim is a good fit for our team. 

Well for one Jackson and Broja won't be leading the line next year

And for another, why are you assuming he won't just adapt to the players he has. 

41 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Well for one Jackson and Broja won't be leading the line next year

And for another, why are you assuming he won't just adapt to the players he has. 

I am pretty sure Jackson will be our st next season and we will recall Fofana from Burnley. 

Agree that he will adapt but it also means all the good stuff that you see with his current team, you won't see it with us. 

51 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

I am pretty sure Jackson will be our st next season and we will recall Fofana from Burnley. 

Agree that he will adapt but it also means all the good stuff that you see with his current team, you won't see it with us. 

Well I hope that isn't the case. 

But if it is, and surely that would be to manage finances, my hope is that we have a manager who can coach Jackson to become a good finisher. 

Screenshot_20240429-083905~2.png

22 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Well I hope that isn't the case. 

But if it is, and surely that would be to manage finances, my hope is that we have a manager who can coach Jackson to become a good finisher. 

Screenshot_20240429-083905~2.png

It take a while to improve finishing. There is a name right above Jackson that is a living example 😂😂😂