Willian

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

So we gonna replace a Chelsea squad player with a Leicester squad player, mahrez on his day isn't bad, but he handed in a transfer request in the summer and no top club thought he was worth a punt, but I said, we as a club can't shop at the highest level anymore, hence why we signed Drinkwater, and couldn't close down a deal for lorente or Barkley. We still got a good side though and Willian is part of that, but I fear come the summer he will be signing for united and we may well regret it

If Mahrez is a Leicester squad player then the same can be said of Kante.

Stones, walker, Mendy,  lukaku, maybe not world beaters, but decided against us for Manchester. Whether they are better than what we got is up for debate, but they did choose to go elsewhere. 

Rudiger and Christensen over Stones any day.

45 minutes ago, wallosh said:

If Mahrez is a Leicester squad player then the same can be said of Kante.

Mahrez hasnt been getting in the leicester team all the time over the last few months so i would say he is a squad player at present, but if Kante went back to Leicester he would be first name on their team sheet. I just don't see how Mahrez would be  an upgrade on a proven chelsea player and proven trophy winner like Willian, I appreciate he is not at his best at the moment, but I think we need to give him a little loyalty, which some on this site don't seem to.

He was very poor when he came on against City, taking in mind that the entire team wasn't up for it. I would use him as an impact sub this season as he isn't up to his old self, Pedro much more clinical and useful. Love Willian hope he can step it up later in the season.

Mahrez hasnt been getting in the leicester team all the time over the last few months so i would say he is a squad player at present, but if Kante went back to Leicester he would be first name on their team sheet. I just don't see how Mahrez would be  an upgrade on a proven chelsea player and proven trophy winner like Willian, I appreciate he is not at his best at the moment, but I think we need to give him a little loyalty, which some on this site don't seem to.

Mahrez isn't playing to his best right now because he wants to join a top team before he clocks 30.
Am a big fan of Willian, but if we had signed Mahrez in the summer he will have got more game time and impact than Willian for us right now.

On 02/10/2017 at 12:39, coco said:

You could of made 10 videos, one for each outfield player, and they would all look like citehs '12th man'.

Yeah, but given the time Willian was on the field, that's very poor. I don't agree with slating our players like that, at least offer constructive criticism not beg for likes. But that performance was disgraceful, I don't even think Willian made one correct pass that whole game. 

On 02/10/2017 at 18:25, enigma said:

i agree. i find an awful lot of foreign fans who are new to the game or glory hunters are the ones who are the c**ts. they expect us to win, win, win all the time.

I don't see that pattern at all on this forum. Younger fans maybe, foreign fans no. Several of the most fickle members on these boards are British. I may be completely wrong of course.

It's not that every aspect of his game is bad at the moment but I don't understand why he is so obsessed with holding onto the ball and dribbling under pressure. 

Every time he is being tackled I see a pass to release the ball to an unmarked player and he tries to keep it and loses it every time. Why?

Today it directly led to a goal so Conte has probably had enough, Charly played despite the fact he should be disciplined because of his errors.

Conte started him because he thought this would be a good game to get his confidence up. Who knew that he would struggle against the mighty palace! I understood conte's decision even though it was a poor one. If he can't perform against palace then Conte should definitely know he's done. 

To be honest his head probably isn't in the right place after the recent death of his Mum, He needs a break from the first team.

He was the only player who seemingly gave a sh*t in the awful 2015 season. He needs support.

Edited by Luca Vialli

25 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

To be honest his head probably isn't in the right place after the recent death of his Mum, He needs a break from the first team.

He was the only player who seemingly gave a sh*t in the awful 2015 season. He needs support.

The loss of any family member is always tough but his mum died a year ago so it's hardly recent. Unfortunately there is little room for sentiment in football - he needs to be dropped.

34 minutes ago, Cyborg7 said:

I hope he will find back his truly level... Because there, it's poor, i don't know what going on but it's awful so far. 

Wake up man, Chelsea need to you !

I don’t think he’ll ever find his form again, as pessimistic as that sounds, we need to move on from him. This is football club and not a charity, we have to continue to be ruthless with finished players. 

I think Conte sees this too but given the lack of depth, his hands are probably tied. 

18 hours ago, Luca Vialli said:

That was over a year ago and his best form whilst at Chelsea was last year after that happened. Can't use that as an excuse for him being sh*te.

We moved on Andre Shurlle and KDB and they were nowhere near this abysmal, like not even remotely close.

I'm astonished Willian is still getting game time when you look at how ruthless we have been with some players (rightly or wrongly depending on the case).

I think we've all noticed his levels dipping for some time now.

Palace highlighted everything wrong with his game: stops on the ball for no reason mid counter, easy mugged off the ball when he's on it, offers us nothing in the final third.

The fact he was our player of the season a few years back means nothing - no place for sentiment now, he needs binning now untill he bucks his ideas up.

2 hours ago, Theafonis said:

I don’t think he’ll ever find his form again, as pessimistic as that sounds, we need to move on from him. This is football club and not a charity, we have to continue to be ruthless with finished players. 

I think Conte sees this too but given the lack of depth, his hands are probably tied. 

It's not a finished players... You forget too promptly, last year was it a well, squad player and he had do his works.