We've got a new Kepa

Zeta
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Looking forward to seeing him hopefully on Saturday if not against Arsenal.

The  fee it’s a huge but when you just look at our business relating to GK over the last few years is it that bad a deal?

1) We are said to be getting £35 million from Real

2) The player( his name escapes me ) going to Real had he signed a new deal would have been circa £4 million , £80k Weekly more in wages. So on what probably would have been at least a 3 year deal that’s £12 million extra 

3) When the player detailed at 2) above was initaly purchased he went on loan for a few years the fees received for that loan in effect meant that when he returned to Chelsea hevin effect cost nothing

4) Cech as we all know was sold for £10 million that was in effect a GK windfall. We also made around £2 million from selling Becovic

Ok my assumptions are clearly open to challenge but we now have a GK aged 23 highly rated and on a very long term contract.

May not be the madness some suggest.

Edited by terraloon

I know it's a highlight video but he makes some saves there that I'm pretty sure courtois wouldn't have made.

Let's hope he's as good as this video suggest. And let's hope he's a nicer bloke than Tibo. The first is definitely more of a challenge than the second.

Kepa made 2 errors last season that led to goals. In comparison Tibo made none last season. I think Kepa will make a couple. We have to forgive him for those. Still a young boy this one. Prems physicality in the box will surprise him for sure. 

Anyway so glad he is ours. Welcome Kepa!! 

1 hour ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Just be patient with this kid. He'll make mistakes for sure but he's young and talented. United fans had almost given up from De Gea and now he's like God for these hypocrites. Please, don't be like them. 

What's his weight and height? 

186cm so 6'2 ft. Not that tall for a keeper but decent. Courtois is 4 inches taller 

Edited by zes

18 minutes ago, evissy said:

Kepa made 2 errors last season that led to goals. In comparison Tibo made none last season. I think Kepa will make a couple. We have to forgive him for those. Still a young boy this one. Prems physicality in the box will surprise him for sure. 

Depends how you define an error. I personally would say letting Messi stick the ball through your legs twice would be two errors. 

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Depends how you define an error. I personally would say letting Messi stick the ball through your legs twice would be two errors. 

I consider this as not even having a keeper at the particular situation, just put it on target and it's in

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, evissy said:

Unless those errors mean actually throwing the ball into your own net, then those stats are bullsh*t. Tibbles made loads of f**k ups last season. The guy can't seem to save anything at the near post and lets in far to much between his legs. In fact, all he seems to be good at is catching balls from crosses!

6 foot 2 is still pretty tall, plenty tall to be a great keeper anyway.

He looks very happy to be here which for me is the main thing considering the negative player we're replacing! Have a good feeling about this guy, lets give him a proper chance to become the next Petr Cech.

The 7 year contract made me laugh. 

The club learning from their mistake with Courtois... 

If you're buying any player, especially one so young then why not offer them 6/7 year contracts? 

It's like our rule of not offering players over 30 more than 12 month extensions, it's a stupid rule because players can comfortably play into their mid 30s now, no problems. You can't keep letting your best players run their contracts down because as we've seen with Courtois it's too risky. 

Look at Spurs with Harry Kane, he's getting improved contracts almost every year! That's because Levy knows that securing your best/most expensive assets is key.