Following our ex`s...

dkw
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Joe Cole was studio guest on talksport last night and was a great listen for 90 minutes...loved it when he said he could have left for sp*S rather than Liverpool in 2010, but couldn't do it cos he didn't want to ruin his relationship with the fans...anyway, highly recommend tuning in...starts about 15 mins into this link (then you have to click on each half hourly segment after that).

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1482444000

On 21/12/2016 at 08:43, Maksimov said:

Our best back four while Gallas was at the club was Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry and Gallas. And that's not just a matter of opinion as the stats back it up as well.

Actually, JT and gallas had amazing stats together...seem to remember they went in a run of chelsea conceding just one goal in over 20 games as a partnership at one point...as good as Ricky was, those two were the best together. Anyway, all I could find as evidence of their effectiveness was this web page

http://thechels.info/wiki/William_Gallas

just cos gallas' time at chelsea ended badly, it shouldn't be held against him...and as he showed with his interview of JT recently, he clearly regrets it

Shouldn't be forgotten that the reason gallas got pissed off and wanted to leave chelsea was that he was bombed out of position to full back to make way for carvalho, when all the stats and performances didn't justify it...carvalho could be very good on his day, but had a bit of Luiz about him and could make unnecessary rash challenges

11 minutes ago, The Brit said:

Shouldn't be forgotten that the reason gallas got pissed off and wanted to leave chelsea was that he was bombed out of position to full back to make way for carvalho, when all the stats and performances didn't justify it...carvalho could be very good on his day, but had a bit of Luiz about him and could make unnecessary rash challenges

The performances totally justified it, afterall we had no better option for LB than Billy G ;)

4 hours ago, The Brit said:

Actually, JT and gallas had amazing stats together...seem to remember they went in a run of chelsea conceding just one goal in over 20 games as a partnership at one point...as good as Ricky was, those two were the best together. Anyway, all I could find as evidence of their effectiveness was this web page

http://thechels.info/wiki/William_Gallas

just cos gallas' time at chelsea ended badly, it shouldn't be held against him...and as he showed with his interview of JT recently, he clearly regrets it

I haven't read that. Got a link to it?

EDIT: Found it now. Very good stuff:

Edited by Backbiter

Papy Dildobodgejob was absolutely shocking for the Mackems against Burnley yesterday.

How on earth did we manage to get £8m for him? What a touch.

Wee Davey must have been nursing his second bottle of Famous Grouse when he picked up the phone to enquire. 

Edited by 1905
Spolling mistook.

2 hours ago, 1905 said:

Papy Dildobodgejob was absolutely shocking for the Mackems against Burnley yesterday.

How on earth did we manage to get £8m for him? What a touch.

Wee Davey must have been nursing his second bottle of Famous Grouse when he picked up the phone to enquire. 

I've just seen the Burnley goals, comfortably the worst defender at the top level I've ever seen, proper embarrassing display. 

14 minutes ago, dkw said:

I've just seen the Burnley goals, comfortably the worst defender at the top level I've ever seen, proper embarrassing display. 

Sunderland must have hundreds of kids who could put up a better show than he did yesterday. Moyes must be a truly terrible manager to not see it.