Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

26 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Could ideally do with a left footed CB...Laporte, Sule, Tah, Martinez...of course VVD is a left footer too...

Sule has just joined Bayern so that's a non runner, unfortunately, since he's definitely going to be a top player in years to come

Manolas would be an absolute steal if we can get him under 30 million. Wouldn't say there's much difference between VVD and him, VVD is much better at playing out from the back and has the height advantage but Manolas is probably one of the fastest CBs around at the moment and is an absolute warrior on the field

Still doesn't resolve our left sided CB issue...Cahill is clearly uncomfortable being on the left of a back three...Laporte has a buy out clause of 70m euros which isn't cheap but he's great with the ball at his feet, happy to play out of the back, has a good leap on him and a great turn of speed...if VVD isn't available then I'd go for him...as an alternative there's Boro's Ben Gibson...he's left footed and has EPL experience...reckon he could be had for around £25m and of course he's HG...

Edited by doctorblue

Gibson i think may be an option now because he is left sided but also homegrown. We have a paucity of both. Which makes Ake's departure all the more baffling.

I could also see us playing Alonso there if Sandro joins. He did play there for Fiorentina.

4 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Manolas to Zenit deal has collapsed, because of interest from us or not I'd snap him up for 20m pounds in a heartbeat. 

Reports suggests that he wanted to be paid in euros not roubles hence why the deal is hanging in the balance atm

12 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Gibson i think may be an option now because he is left sided but also homegrown. We have a paucity of both. Which makes Ake's departure all the more baffling.

I could also see us playing Alonso there if Sandro joins. He did play there for Fiorentina.

How is Alonso's long passing? I know he hits a mean cross but rarely do I see him passing over long distances

29 minutes ago, romansoldier1981 said:

Would love to see this team next season based on the players we are linked with

___________________Courtois

Sandro______Cahill___________Boateng____Azpi

_____Naingolan_____Bakayoko_____Kante

Pedro____________Lukaku__________Hazard

You have Sandro and Dave on the wrong sides. Also i doubt we'll be going back to 4 at the back

57 minutes ago, romansoldier1981 said:

Would love to see this team next season based on the players we are linked with

___________________Courtois

Sandro______Cahill___________Boateng____Azpi

_____Naingolan_____Bakayoko_____Kante

Pedro____________Lukaku__________Hazard

That Naingolan ship has sailed iirc

7 hours ago, doctorblue said:

Still doesn't resolve our left sided CB issue...Cahill is clearly uncomfortable being on the left of a back three...Laporte has a buy out clause of 70m euros which isn't cheap but he's great with the ball at his feet, happy to play out of the back, has a good leap on him and a great turn of speed...if VVD isn't available then I'd go for him...as an alternative there's Boro's Ben Gibson...he's left footed and has EPL experience...reckon he could be had for around £25m and of course he's HG...

1 hour ago, doctorblue said:

Not left footed...

I may be grasping at straws here but we don't really need someone who is left footed playing there. I know you would prefer it but a right footed player who is good with their left, better than Cahill anyway, would work. Naturally a left footed player would be better with their left but if we can find a someone comfortable playing with their left we'd be alright?