Look away now, BJD.

mad_mac

Heard a Manure fan saying the other day that we had to pay them £16M for Mikel. I know there was a whole mess of a transfer at the time but I didn't think that that we paid them as much as that. He also, like many here, does not rate him an says that Mikels transfer more or less paid for Carrick.

I think he is sh*te talking but I'm afraid did i not have the ammo to come back with.

Can anyone enlighten me.

I think it was £12m to Manure plus £4m to the contract fraudsters at Lynn Oslo. I'm pretty sure we got the £4m back, but I think we let Manure keep their profit on a player they fraudulently signed, the theory being that our arrangement to sign him once he turned 18 was dodgy in itself.

Heard a Manure fan saying the other day that we had to pay them £16M for Mikel. I know there was a whole mess of a transfer at the time but I didn't think that that we paid them as much as that. He also, like many here, does not rate him an says that Mikels transfer more or less paid for Carrick.

I think he is sh*te talking but I'm afraid did i not have the ammo to come back with.

Can anyone enlighten me.

Chelsea paid ManU 12 million pounds and Lyn Oslo 4 million pounds for JOM.

Not Mikels biggest fan but after all these years im starting to take a liken to him, under robbie he has emerged as one off ou most important players and the past few games s***rs and shakter he was in my opinion man of the match so well done MIkel keep it going.

Can anyone enlighten me.

He's wrong. We paid £16m total, but that was split between United and Lyn. We subsequently filed a claim against Lyn and their former CEO, who had been convicted of fraud and forging documents, which was settled out of court, so presumably we recouped much of the transfer fee in that settlement.

Fair play to him, he's doing ok and deserves the plaudits.

I still have my doubts about many aspects of his play and doubt he is the long term answer but I've been ploughing that theory for half a decade now...

Excellent, would be great if he could celebrate it with a goal at the weekend.

Haha I heard the other day that he is now the midfielder that has played the most amount of games int he premier league (for any club) without scoring a goal!! Its quite impressive really

Cool, another solid 5 years of mikel whilst having to read people saying he isn't good enough.

Think we would struggle at the moment to recoup the £16M but I am warming to him and think he is warranted a new deal.

I think we could do it easily.

I don't think this is a bad thing. I think he is a bit limited as a player (deffo not fully fulfilled his potential as a young player), but he's generally doing a good job in RDM system.

If we can hold off spending a fortune on a defensive midfielder I think we've got an English star in the making on loan at Watford. Hopefully within 2 years he will be ready for the 1st team.

People talk about Luiz or Torres being a bit hit and miss, i would put Mikel in with them as well. Sometimes he can play amazing but other he can be rubbish. He is a long way from being the best DM in the world but he isnt the most terrible either.

Also another down point is like Kalou we bought him at a young age with high hopes and i dont think he has lived up to those high hopes. He is an ok player but thats as far as it goes.

People talk about Luiz or Torres being a bit hit and miss, i would put Mikel in with them as well. Sometimes he can play amazing but other he can be rubbish. He is a long way from being the best DM in the world but he isnt the most terrible either.

Also another down point is like Kalou we bought him at a young age with high hopes and i dont think he has lived up to those high hopes. He is an ok player but thats as far as it goes.

Think you have hit the nail on the head there.

There is no doubt that Torres, Mikel and Luiz are the three players in the squad who divide opinion more than the rest of the squad put together. And that makes sense as they all suffer from inconsistencies in their game more than other players. So we get the extreme posts when any of them do anything any good and the extreme posts when they f**k up (and I'm guilty of such posts myself!).

Lets just hope that all three of them can improve on their consistency. Have to say Mikel seems to be doing so of late but the other two have a way to go, but I will stick by both as they are still valuable squad members.

Think you have hit the nail on the head there.

There is no doubt that Torres, Mikel and Luiz are the three players in the squad who divide opinion more than the rest of the squad put together. And that makes sense as they all suffer from inconsistencies in their game more than other players. So we get the extreme posts when any of them do anything any good and the extreme posts when they f**k up (and I'm guilty of such posts myself!).

Lets just hope that all three of them can improve on their consistency. Have to say Mikel seems to be doing so of late but the other two have a way to go, but I will stick by both as they are still valuable squad members.

exactly

people think these 3 guys personally offended us or something

theres a reason it is these 3 who divide opinion the most