Luke Shaw, Ashley Cole's Successor?

• 5 months later...

The first thing they write is this.

"Chelsea let Luke Shaw slip through their fingers when he was just eight – and that mistake could cost them £30million" :rolleyes:

Yeah, because it's easy predicting how good a football he will be in the future at the age of 8 isn't it ? :face_palm:

If this is true and we do spend £30 million people will think we are crazy but if we can turn him into a world class player and keep him forever then it will be money well spent.

Edited by Scott Harris

The first thing they write is this.

"Chelsea let Luke Shaw slip through their fingers when he was just eight – and that mistake could cost them £30million" :rolleyes:

Yeah, because it's easy predicting how good a football he will be in the future at the age of 8 isn't it ? :face_palm:

If this is true and we do spend £30 million people will think we are crazy but if we can turn him into a world class player and keep him forever then it will be money well spent.

:laugh2: Bonkers isn't it, the media will scrape the bottom of the barrel just to find yet another way to show us in a bad light.

I think that Bertrand, given the chance, would be a totally fine replacement.  And I've seen as much out of him to suggest he could be as good as Shaw.

I also think 30M is far too much.

I also assume this means teh end for Patrick Van Aarnholt

Probably, but I wouldn't rule it out. Jose spent £30million on Coentrao not too long ago. Also, given Shaw's age, I'd imagine the club would give him a 5/6 year contract so, in FFP terms, the transfer would equal £5/£6 million a season.

I like Bertrand, he's decent, but Shaw is on another level. He's also a boyhood Chelsea fan from my home town (Kingston). Suffice it to say I'll be disappointed if he signs elsewhere.

Edited by Celery1989