Victor Moses

Doesn't Mata
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I don't understand people's problem. I don't like Liverpool but it's not as if they are title challengers is it? They're a mid-table team and maybe challengers for top 4 at very best, the loan move makes Moses a better player because he's playing at a team that are better than someone like West Brom and his price tag will increase should we feel the need to sell him.

Best of luck to the lad.

I personally hate Liverpool, but I also think people are underestimating them. I think Brendan Rodgers is building a pretty decent squad there.

I would not be happy with this one at all!

We have teams like Spurs or Man Utd who refuse to do any deals with us, yet we have constantly deal with Liverpool, and come out worse!

One day there are going to finish above us in the league, and people won't understand why.

Edited by 2211

Perhaps we really will lend them Mata as well.

True, I mean, it's only natural that lending them a squad player that will barely make the bench eventually leads to us lending them our best player.

Also, why are people drinking this scouse koolaid? Yeah sure, they're got a few good players, but title challengers? Not a chance, they might grab 5th at best but no chance they get anywhere near the title. Two 1-0 wins against Aston Villa and Stoke and barely getting past Notts County in the League Cup hasn't convinced me that it's 'their year' yet. An impressive performance against United would make a few people take notice but as I said I'll be very surprised if they mount a title challenge this season.

I personally rate us, mancs, arsenal and tottenham as title contenders. Liverpool is in the next basket.

And again I don't see how we help Liverpool. They are paying good money for him and we still own the man. We are not able to give him time on the pitch so we send him to somewhere he can. If he does well bring him back or sell him to them with some profit...

True, I mean, it's only natural that lending them a squad player that will barely make the bench eventually leads to us lending them our best player.

Also, why are people drinking this scouse koolaid? Yeah sure, they're got a few good players, but title challengers? Not a chance, they might grab 5th at best but no chance they get anywhere near the title. Two 1-0 wins against Aston Villa and Stoke and barely getting past Notts County in the League Cup hasn't convinced me that it's 'their year' yet. An impressive performance against United would make a few people take notice but as I said I'll be very surprised if they mount a title challenge this season.

We've done them so many favours in the past two years it wouldn't surprise me. I don't care how good or bad Liverpool's team is. All I'm wondering is why we're doing them a favour by lending them a good £10m Premier League player. This isn't some skint relegation battler or Championship side, it's Liverpool. If Moses is not needed, and though I like him he probably isn't now, then let them cough up for him. I see no benefit for us in this deal.

what people need to realize is we are giving Liverpool 20m to spend in other areas. Mourinho said there are 6 title contenders this season, he included Liverpool in that, and now we are loaning a player that will improve them in attack, as well as the other 20 odd mill they have saved, from not having to buy a winger.

If moses goes there, enjoys himself and plays well, he will most likely want to make the move permanent, and I can see them getting him for 10m.

If we loan him to west brom, we can use the 'not wanting to deal with a rival' card, and squeeze 15-20m out of Liverpool or even arsenal then. By already loaning him to rival, I think it weakens our hand.

When has a transfer between Liverpool and ourselves, ended with us being better off?

They're called thieves for a reason!

What makes you think that it was really our choice? If I'm a footballer who isn't needed and someone says "right mate, you can either go on loan to West Brom or Liverpool for a season, which do you fancy?" It wouldn't exactly be a difficult choice. Also, for all we know Liverpool may be paying most of (if not all) of his wages plus £1m fee where as WBA might have only offered 40% and £250k or something, we don't know, I doubt if we had the choice where to send him we'd have sent him to Liverpool over WBA. We also don't even know if WBA did ever make an official bid for him, all Clarke said was that he's interested.

Looking on the bright side as well.  If Moses goes there desperate to prove to Jose that he's worth it and plays his heart out, especially against other top sides, he'll only help us (and can't help them against us).  Liverpool aren't our competition at the moment.  If our squad is fighting for the same goals as theirs come May, we've seriously screwed the pooch. 

I know what will happen now...

He's gonna go there, play like a man possessed with a point to prove, then Chelsea will sell him for £5m in 2014 summer transfer window. :slap_face:

Also I couldn't care less if Liverpool were fighting for the title, a Champions League place or relegation I would NEVER want to help them one bit. They're a bunch of deluded Scouse muppets.

What makes you think that it was really our choice? If I'm a footballer who isn't needed and someone says "right mate, you can either go on loan to West Brom or Liverpool for a season, which do you fancy?" It wouldn't exactly be a difficult choice. Also, for all we know Liverpool may be paying most of (if not all) of his wages plus £1m fee where as WBA might have only offered 40% and £250k or something, we don't know, I doubt if we had the choice where to send him we'd have sent him to Liverpool over WBA. We also don't even know if WBA did ever make an official bid for him, all Clarke said was that he's interested.

Why does he have to go on loan at all? Just like with Benayoun's last minute loan to Arsenal, we've stockpiled too many players and have a few days to get rid of the ones we don't need. Other teams know this, hence why Liverpool are about to get a good £10-15m player on the cheap.

Why does he have to go on loan at all? Just like with Benayoun's last minute loan to Arsenal, we've stockpiled too many players and have a few days to get rid of the ones we don't need. Other teams know this, hence why Liverpool are about to get a good £10-15m player on the cheap.

So you'd rather we keep Moses even though he will be behind 6 other players in the race for 3 spots? Granted, we shouldn't have signed Willian, but what's done is done and we need to get rid of somebody.

So you'd rather we keep Moses even though he will be behind 6 other players in the race for 3 spots? Granted, we shouldn't have signed Willian, but what's done is done and we need to get rid of somebody.

I'd rather we just sold him.

Still don't understand this move. We have Moses who is very direct, works hard defensively, and scred 10 goals for us last year. Oh and he is homegrown. Then we go out and sign Willian who doesn't work as hard on D and is not homegrown? A move that makes no sense. Feel gutted for Victor. He is being given the Sturridge treatment.

Still don't understand this move. We have Moses who is very direct, works hard defensively, and scred 10 goals for us last year. Oh and he is homegrown. Then we go out and sign Willian who doesn't work as hard on D and is not homegrown? A move that makes no sense. Feel gutted for Victor. He is being given the Sturridge treatment.

I think the issue with him is that he never stood out for us. When he was at Wigan id say it was Big Fish Small Pool Syndrome and when he was at Palace he was just a fearless kid. The fact that hes homegrown is an unfair reason for keeping him IF thats the only reason. I think you have to ask yourself Is he a world class player? To that i would have to answer no.

maybe  not world class, but a good squad player who scored 10 goals for us last season and looked very good in pre-season...bemused how quickly he fell out of favour...and to loan him? what's the point of that? if Jose doesn't think he's good enough now...I fail to see how that's going to change in a year....only wish we'd thought of the same thing with Sturridge