Cole and Terry crying after Norwich game.

BromleyBlue

Cole is a cert to go by the looks of things. Not good!

Whatever club will pick him up will have a very capable and hungry player with plenty to offer for another year or two yet.

If Chelsea let Terry go, I'll be f**king livid. Wouldn't be surprised though. Monkeys in the boardroom.

If he did go it would surely be because they will look for the long-term. A Cahill-Zouma/Kalas/Ake partnership possibly?

Still, would be unbelivably stupid to let him go. Maybe Ash crying set him off because they are great friends.

Not a good sign. Cole hasn't played much this season so wouldn't be surprising if he left but surely Terry won't go?? 

saw a picture of Cole crying (looking emotional to say the least) but haven't seen anything about Terry

i'm gonna go to my bed and cry now ;( I would turn gay for ashley 

saw a picture of Cole crying (looking emotional to say the least) but haven't seen anything about Terry

i'm gonna go to my bed and cry now ;( I would turn gay for ashley 

Have a look in the 'Terry close to new deal' thread. Like Gem said, he does only look a bit red-eyed. 

No club should made public the decision to let either of the go, as it would have allowed the fans to say a proper goodbye.

Very true but this is the club that sacks a manager in a tunnel after a game so I wouldn't expect much class out of them

Cole clearly has at the very least one more season in him, surely he can replace azpi at LB while azpi replaces Ivan? (He should just be a cover CB anyway)

No chance Terry's off, probably coming off one of his best seasons they'd be daft not to give him another year at least.

We are getting to the end of an era, I think JT has at least another season in him yet though.

He's not universally loved but Ashley was the best player in the world in his position for the majority of his Chelsea career, I struggle to think of any other Chelsea player you can say that about, put in some legendary performances and will most definitely be missed, seeing him on the team sheet always filled me with confidence that even if Terry and Cech had been beaten, that pesky #3 would be there on the goal-line again to clear it.

I doubt JT will be leaving and all the indications have been that a new deal's in the works, but the silence regarding Cole's future has been deafening. I wouldn't be surprised if Ash was expecting that to be his last game, hence the tears, and JT was upset jointly because of it being Ash's last match at SB and us finishing the season at SB on such a disappointing note.

If Chelsea let Terry go, I'll be f**king livid. Wouldn't be surprised though. Monkeys in the boardroom.

Those monkeys gave Cole and Lampard new contracts last season.

Cole clearly has at the very least one more season in him, surely he can replace azpi at LB while azpi replaces Ivan? (He should just be a cover CB anyway)

No chance Terry's off, probably coming off one of his best seasons they'd be daft not to give him another year at least.

Agreed I hope this is the last season of Ivan at RB and he plays CB more next season, cant stand another season of Ivan crossing and dribbling and trying to be an attacking right back.

Would be a great shame to see either go. Can understand if ashely went but all I will say is that if he wanted to stay he could, he would have limited playing chances and would have to take a pay cut but I don't think we would let him go if he took our terms, he's been great for us so maybe he shouldn't be made to jump through hoops for us but just saying.

Archived