Give your Chelsea Transfer Plan

Saaladin

Give your idea of what Chelsea should do this summer... 

Who should they buy and who should they sell?

My plan:

Loan Players:

Sign Courtois to extension and loan him out one more season with promise that Chelsea #1 is his in 2015. 

Bring back Patrick van Aanholt, Lucas Piazón,  Bertrand Traoré, Lukaku and Kurt Zouma.

Sell:

Torres: Let him find himself at another club. Won't happen at Chelsea it seems.

Oscar: I wouldn't mind giving him one more year to become an impact player for Chelsea but I wouldn't complain if he was sold for £40 to PSG either. In the end I just am not crazy about his style, very slow to pick a pass and not all that powerful. 

Ramires: I simply don't think he has enough quality to start for Chelsea. Mourinho loves his work rate but I think he will get annoyed with his lack of technical ability if he hasn't already. Ramires foils too many attacks with an inability to add to the intricacy of players like Hazard and Matic. Personally I would play Ramires at RB where he would make the most of his speed and counter attacking ability.

Mikel: Love the guy as a utility player who does his job well but I feel like he is best served going somewhere else. And I think he will be an untouchable wherever he goes.

Buy:

Paulinho: Has way more quality than Ramires, solid tackler and smart passer of the ball. Has a strong presence and calming effect on a game. Wouldn't mind Hernanes either, his Brazilian teammate. 

Fabregas: Mourinho type player. Tackles hard and very complete. Dribbles and passes as good as any midfielder.

Paul Pogba/Koke: Player that can effect the game in the attacking third. We need playmakers to get our strikers the ball.

Marcelo or Felipe Luis: We need a LB with some flair. One of these two would be great replacements for Cole. 

Kareem Benzema: I prefer Benzema to Costa. I think he has way more foot skill and is excellent connecting with mids and wingers. He would be perfect for EPL as he is also strong in the air and holding up the ball. Best striker in the world right now IMO with Aguero and Ibra.

Sanchez/Pedro: We need another winger with speed and skill that can unlock a stubborn bottom 10 side. 

That would give us. 

RB -- Ivan and Azpi -- Great competition

LB -- Marcelo/Luis and Van Aanholt

CBs -- Terry, Cahill, Zouma, Kalas and Ivan

Holding Mids -- Matic, Fabregas, Paulinho, Van Ginkel

Attacking mids: Fabregas, Pogba/Koke, Willian, Traore

Wingers: Hazard, Salah, Schurrle, Piazon, Pedro/Sanchez.

Strikers: Benzema, Lukaku, Ba

This team would be able to hold possession so much better than what we had last season. More class up front and more potential for attacks from our wing-backs. The added creativity in midfield will provide so much more scoring potential for our strikers. 

Out wide we would have much more versatility that last season where we were just shuffling around Willian, Hazard and Schurrle.

Buy: Barkley, Shaw, Costa, Tiago

Recall: Lukaku, Courtois, Bertrand, T. Hazard

Sell: Cech, Torres, Ba, Mikel, Ramires, Moses, Marin, Romeu (Luiz)

Release: Lampard, Cole, Eto'o

Loan: Rest of players currently on loan and promising young players graduating from youth team.

GKs: Courtois, Schwarzer, Blackman

Defenders: Shaw, Cahill, Terry, Kalas, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Bertrand, Christensen 

Midfielders: Barkley, Matic, Marco Van Ginkel, Tiago, Ake

Attacking Midfielders/Wingers: E. Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Schurrle, Salah, T. Hazard

Strikers: Costa, Lukaku, Bamford

Ideal starting XI:                                              Courtois

Azpilicueta          Terry                Cahill          Shaw

Matic                Barkley

Schurrle                    Oscar                      E. Hazard

Costa

Ramires is an excellent player to have in the team. Yeah he had a poor season, even so, boundless energy makes him a good go to option. We should not sell him.

Energy isn't worth much if that person can't make simple passes or get a decent shot in at goal.

Following Richard's template:

Buy: Moreno, Costa, Pogba

Recall: Lukaku, Chalobah, Courtois, Bertrand

Sell: Cech, Torres, Ba, Mikel, Ramires, Moses, Marin, Romeu

Loan: T Hazard/Piazon, Baker, Ake, Christensen

Release: Cole, Eto'o

GKs: Courtois, Schwarzer, Blackman

Defenders: Azpillicueta, Ivanovic, Bertrand, Moreno, Zouma, Kalas, Terry, Cahill

Midfielders: Matic, MVG, Chalobah, Pogba, Lampard

AM/Wingers: Willian, Schurrle, Hazard, Oscar, Salah, T Hazard/Piazon

Strikers: Costa, Lukaku, Bamford

Don't know if that fills all the 'home-grown' etc requirements but good blend of youth and experience there with some quality talent incoming, in my opinion.

Ideal XI:

Courtois

Azpillicueta, Terry, Cahill, Moreno

Matic, Pogba

Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard

Costa

Energy isn't worth much if that person can't make simple passes or get a decent shot in at goal.

Or sitting on his arse at home, three straight red cards this season, dreadful.

First off I reckon a 4-3-3 with 2 centre mids a defensive mid, a centre forward and 2 attacking wingers would be good.

So in would be: -

Costa, pogba, Moreno

Sold: -

Luiz, ramires, Torres, cech, Moses, Marin, romeu

Recalled: -

Courtois, zouma, PVA, t hazard, lukaku

So 25 man team looks like this

Goalkeeper:- courtois, Schwarzer, Blackman

Defenders:- terry, Cahill, ivanovic, azpi, Moreno, PVA, kalas, zouma

Defensive Mid:- matic, Mikel

Centre mids:- pogba, oscar, willian, van ginkel, lampard

Wide attackers:- hazard, schurrle, salah, t hazard

Centre forward:- costa, lukaku, ba

Ideal starting 11: -

------------courtois-------------

Azpi--Cahill---terry--Moreno

--------------matic----------------

---------oscar--pogba-----------

Schurrle----------------hazard

---------------costa-------------

We really shouldn't go that wild in the market. I agree with Jonty, we can't sign all those players, not because of FFP reasons it would just be stupid. The side needs strengthening, not an overhaul, that will mean 2-3 players, 4 at most. Left back, centre mid, forward and maybe one other player.

Besides that we wont need lots of players like some suggest. As for the other player I put down, maybe a number 10, we could do with a creative player to at least challenge Oscars role, because he was really off the ball last season.

I guess financial fair play isn't being taken into consideration in the OP's team?

Also, a lot of assumptions throughout these threads are made based on us sticking with the 4231, but what if we go 433, surely that would alter who we look at?

Schwartzer's out of contract too

Buy: Felipe Luis (£15mil-20mil), Costa (£32mil), Pogba (£40mil-£50mil), Reus (£40mil)

Recall: Lukaku, Courtois, Bertrand, T. Hazard

Sell: Cech (£10mil-£15mil), Torres (£0) , Ba (£5mil), Oscar (£35mil+).  Mikel (£10mil-£15mil),  Moses (£5mil), Marin and Romeu (£3mil-£5mil combined)

Release: Lampard, Cole, Eto'o

Loan: Rest of players currently on loan and promising young players graduating from youth team.

GKs: Courtois, Schwarzer, Blackman

Defenders: Felipe Luiz, Cahill, Terry, Kalas, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Bertrand, Zouma

Midfielders: Pogba, Matic, Marco Van Ginkel, Ramires

Attacking Midfielders/Wingers: E. Hazard, Reus, Willian, Schurrle, Salah, T. Hazard

Strikers: Costa, Lukaku

Best Starting 11:

------------------------------------Courtois-----------------------------------------

Azpilicueta----------------Cahill---------------Terry--------------------------F.Luiz

-------------------------Pogba----------------------Matic---------------------------

Reus---------------------------------Hazard---------------------------------Shurrle

--------------------------------------Costa-------------------------------------------

Buy: Felipe Luis (£15mil-20mil), Costa (£32mil), Pogba (£40mil-£50mil), Reus (£40mil)

Recall: Lukaku, Courtois, Bertrand, T. Hazard

Sell: Cech (£10mil-£15mil), Torres (£0) , Ba (£5mil), Oscar (£35mil+). Mikel (£10mil-£15mil), Moses (£5mil), Marin and Romeu (£3mil-£5mil combined)

Release: Lampard, Cole, Eto'o

Loan: Rest of players currently on loan and promising young players graduating from youth team.

GKs: Courtois, Schwarzer, Blackman

Defenders: Felipe Luiz, Cahill, Terry, Kalas, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Bertrand, Zouma

Midfielders: Pogba, Matic, Marco Van Ginkel, Ramires

Attacking Midfielders/Wingers: E. Hazard, Reus, Willian, Schurrle, Salah, T. Hazard

Strikers: Costa, Lukaku

Best Starting 11:

------------------------------------Courtois-----------------------------------------

Azpilicueta----------------Cahill---------------Terry--------------------------F.Luiz

-------------------------Pogba----------------------Matic---------------------------

Reus---------------------------------Hazard---------------------------------Shurrle

--------------------------------------Costa-------------------------------------------

This would be a title winning squad, just a shame it would probably never happen, also I think we would need a third striker you can't play a season with only two

You want us to buy Paulinho AND Fabregas AND Pogba/Koke AND you think we need Alexis Sanchez because we don't have enough wingers?

lol.

Is this the same bloke who thought that Willian could become the next Pirlo?

One top draw striker.

Bring Lukaku back into the squad.

Keep Ba.

Lose the other first team strikers we have (however you need to do it!!!)

Sign a left back - a young very talented English one.

Start promoting players from the youth team and bringing back some of the loanees.

One top draw striker.

Bring Lukaku back into the squad.

Keep Ba.

Lose the other first team strikers we have (however you need to do it!!!)

Sign a left back - a young very talented English one.

Start promoting players from the youth team and bringing back some of the loanees.

With Barn’s comments in mind, and for the third time of asking [even though nobody has], here is my personal 25-man squad for next season, the retentions first, followed by my returning loanee preferences and current Academy choices for inclusion, the alternative options linked together, my preference in each case being the first named.

Cech Blackman Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Ake, Kalas

Matic, Ramires van Ginkel

Schurrle, Salah, Willian, Oscar, Hazard (16)

Courtois, Zouma, Shaw/Bertrand/van Aanholt, Chalobah/Omeruo (4)

Piazon/Hazard (T)/Traore, Baker/Swift/Barkley/Lampard/Loftus-Cheek (2)

Costa, Rooney/Dzeko/Mandzukic, Lukaku/Bamford (3)

Buy Cavani / Falcao / Costa

Bring Lukaku back

Buy a quality box to box midfielder, one who can battle as well

Get Shaw, or another quality left back in

Give youth a chance when the games are going well / playing in domestic cups

Sell: Ba (7-8millions), Ramires(15-20millions), Mikel(10-12), Moses 5millions and Petr Cech (12-15) and Torres(Dunno how much). So it will give about 48millions and we have 50millions from David Luiz and 10-12 millions of January profits so it will give us net 108 millions pounds profit to spend without going to any losses in FFP plus we can notch up 20-30millions more. Sowe can spend over 100millions pounds very easily.

Buy: Costa 32millions, Mandzukic 20millions, Pogba 40millions, Moreno/Rodriguez/Luis 15-18 millions. Net: 110million pounds.

Recall: Courtois, Lukaku.

Ideal starting XI

Courtois
Azpi Cahill Terry Moreno/Rodirguz/Luis
Matic, Pogba
Schurrle, Oscar, Hazard

Costa/Mandzukic

I would probably go for a midfield of 3.

Get in Kroos, Pogba or Raketic but preferably Barkley.

He is a great talent in my opinion, he has skill, power, speed, scoring ability and vision. He does need some polishing, but he's a young lad and I think he could learn a lot from Lampard. 

A midfield of 3 suits Van Ginkel, and I think it would be better for Ramires as well.

Barkley - Matic - Ramires. This midfield has tons of strength and energy and would dominate midfield in pretty much every game. Ramires had a bad season, but I believe he will be able to bounce back. 

Bring back Lukaku and buy a new striker like Benzema (Cavani), I fear the Costa deal is done, but by saying it I will hopefully jinx it.

You want us to buy Paulinho AND Fabregas AND Pogba/Koke AND you think we need Alexis Sanchez because we don't have enough wingers?

lol.

To be fair, regarding the CMs, I don't think it's wrong to think we should have many to be honest. We used to be stacked there with huge quality in Lampard, Essien, Tiago, Deco, Ballack  and now it just isn't as good. It made us so much harder to dominate and we were often the ones who would run things in midfield -- I don't see it here. I certainly wouldn't mind getting more than one. 

Although Paulinho/Fabregas/Pogba is far too unrealistic and unattainable, lol. 

This has been done to death but its really quite simple;

Max 4 Players;

CF (The No1 best player we can get... Probably Costa).

LB (Id love Shaw but Moreno is a solid option too. Young not neccesarily automatic first choice but with the ability if he takes his chance)

Midfielder (Provided we can sell Luiz and Mikel (50% done) The absolute best we can get)

Luxury if we can.

2nd CF (if we can offload both Torres and Ba, but I dont think its 100% neccesary doesnt have to be a world beater though if finances dont permit it)

For me Mikel will move, Torres should move but will be hard to shift, Ba is a decent option to keep but will be easy to move. Moses, Romeu, Marin should all be assesed in pre season and sold if not required,

Courtois should be bought back in and Cech allowed to move. Lukaku, Zouma, PvA, and either Piazon or THazard bought into the first team. I would also consider Ake, McEchran or Chalobah too.

4-2-3-1

Courtois, Blackman, 1 Other (Delac, Hilario, Schwarzer)

Terry, Azpi, Zouma, Kalas, Cahill, Ivan, Shaw/Moreno, PvA

Matic, Pogba, MvG, Ramires, Chalobah

EHazard, Willian, Oscar, Shurrle, Salah, THazard/Piazon

Costa, Lukaku, Ba

We will not spend more than £50 mil Net, So far we are about 18mil to the good ATM (based on Costa for £32m and Luiz for £48m) and the thought of Pogba for £40m and Shaw for £30m would be about right on my predictions. We could then look at Mikel £12m, Romeu £5m, Marin £5m, Torres/Ba £10m, Moses £10m. As pure profit to be used if we need in the Winter window.

To be fair, regarding the CMs, I don't think it's wrong to think we should have many to be honest. We used to be stacked there with huge quality in Lampard, Essien, Tiago, Deco, Ballack  and now it just isn't as good. It made us so much harder to dominate and we were often the ones who would run things in midfield -- I don't see it here. I certainly wouldn't mind getting more than one. 

Although Paulinho/Fabregas/Pogba is far too unrealistic and unattainable, lol. 

We already have Ramires, Matic, Mikel and Van Ginkel, not all those players you mentioned were here at the same time either.

I agree we need a top quality midfielder, however unless we're going to sell any more of those i've just mentioned that leaves us with 5 players for 2 positions (plus Romeu if he's to play a role next season), any more gaps can be filled in by the likes of Baker and Chalobah.

My guess for next season's plans by Mourinho:

IN:

Costa

Filipe Luis

Lavezzi

Tiago

Mandzukic if Lukaku leaves

Back-up keeper

Kroos if available

Im really hoping thats what you think will happen not what you want to happen.

I woiuldnt have a 29 year old Lavezzi, 29 year old (£19 mil) Filie Luis, a 33 year old Tiago ANYWHERE near the Chelsea first team if it was my choice.

Archived